Trip Report It's Not 'Whoop-de-do", it's "Whoop-de WHOOO"! October 2013 Disneymoon

Well Disney fans and friends, it's time for the Trip Report! The laundry is almost caught up, grocery shopping is done, so I wanted to get started on this while the details are still fresh and before I have to go back to the real world (work) tomorrow :(

You can find the Pre-Trip Report HERE.

When: October 19th-26th
Where: Wilderness Lodge (though the rest of the family stayed at POP Century)
Who: Me (Amber)- Disney Nut Extraordinaire, I think this is the 10th trip I've taken to the World in 12 years, turned 35 during the trip, Newlywed to my love
DH (Dave)- Hadn't been to Disney since the early/mid 80s

This was our much anticipated Disneymoon, thankfully all paid for by wedding money! We decided that we'd wait until October for the trip (we got married August 31) for the weather, crowds, my birthday, and F&W at Epcot.

More Who: Joining us on this trip were
Mom (Bonnie)- been to Disney twice before in 2008 and 2011. Currently battling lung cancer, and so the family decided to make a vacation out of it. My sister secured her an ECV Rental for the week as she gets extremely tired, but other than that is doing well health-wise.
Dad (Bob)- been to Disney only once before in 2011. He enjoyed himself but probably wouldn't have returned if not for Mom's diagnosis.
Brother (Zac, age 10)- his 3rd trip to the World-he is my Disney buddy!!
Aunt (Sal)- Dad's sister, been to Disney as a teenager/20 something back in the 70s. Aunt Sal is such a great help with the Nephews!!

Sister 1 (Bobbie)- been to Disney once in HS and then again in 2004 when she and I took my grandmother. We have SUCH great memories of that trip, and I was looking forward to being with Bobbie again at Disney!
Brother-in-Law 1 (Ryan)- been to Disney as a child, so had some memories but all in all was like a big kid there. Loved watching him relive.
Nephew 1 (Bennett, age 5)- First Trip to Disney!!

Sister 2 (Chrissy)- been to Disney in 2008 and again in 2011. Chrissy and Bobbie have been taking on the work of taking care of Mom as she goes through her treatment. They do it gladly, but I was glad they were getting a vacation. I feel bad as I now live many states away and can't help, so I'm glad they could be part of our Disneymoon trip.
Brother-in-Law 2 (Duane)- been to Disney in 2008 and 2011. Duane is a party in a can-always willing to take a trip wherever. Always ready for fun!
Nephew 2 (Devin, age 3)- only other trip to Disney was when he was 6 months in 2011, so I was eager to see him actually grasp some of the things happening
Nephew 3 (Corbin, age 15 months)-First Trip to Disney!!

Cousin (Jamie)- She and I had a great trip to Disney in 2005 just the two of us, and then she went on our trip in 2008 as well.
Cousin-in-Law (Brad)- went to Disney with Jamie (and us) in 2008
Baby Cousin (Aubrey, age 1 year)- First Trip to Disney!

(The colors denote sort of 'traveling groups')

Whew!! We tended to divide our time, both Dave and I away from everyone, and also each individual family away from the others, and met back up at other times... I'll get into this later, but some of their Magic Bands weren't working the greatest, it was a bit more crowded toward the beginning of the week, and hotter too-so splitting up was often the best answer depending on what different people had planned or wanted to do. DH and I had different dining plans than did the rest of the group too. Not to mention that the Cousins were only there from Friday until Wednesday; and Parents and Sister 1 and Family had to leave Friday. It was all crazy at times for sure, but oh so fun. DH and I did spend quite a bit of time with Mom's group-I don't get to see her much! And Zac likes to hang around with me.

On with the show!! Day 0 coming up!!

Last edited:

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Continuing on...hopefully people are still reading :eek:

DH and I had a 6:25 ADR at Be Our Guest, but had some time before hand. We walked around the Beauty and the Beast area:

It was still too early to check in, so we wandered around some more, entertaining the idea of riding The Little Mermaid (I still hadn't yet) but it was down. So I took some pictures of the area:

(I didn't realize there were people in this till later :()

So beautifully detailed. Loved the look

Finally it was time to check in at BoG

It was still so muggy and hot I recall

We took a family's picture, so they took ours

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
I would say it took about 10-15 minutes after we checked in before we were called. We sat near the gate while we waited-we felt we kept getting in peoples' way who wanted to take pictures of the gargoyles and such.

I like this picture :)

We were taken inside and seated in the Ballroom!! I was instantly mesmerized by it, just the way I pictured it in the movie...couldn't have been happier. We had a lovely waitress, she had to be about 7 or 8 months pregnant-the sweetest lady, from Ohio.

I had the French Onion Soup starter-I knew all along I would be getting this, even though it wasn't on the meal plan. Delicious.

For my entree, I had the chicken provencal. Yummy as well! I couldn't quite finish it all, but I loved the olives in it.

DH had the steak, and he said it was one of the best steaks he's ever had, even beating Narcoossee's the other night.

For dessert, our waitress brought out the grey stuff for a Honeymoon treat! We also got a strawberry cupcake, and the tropical fruit cream puff. All yummy, but my favorite was the grey stuff.

Then we toured the castle-my pictures didn't really turn out in the West Wing, but DH liked it well enough that next time he wants to eat in there.

Best I could do to capture the snow

Then we met the Beast, our gracious host!

Loved these guys!!

All in all, Be Our Guest turned out to be our favorite ADR though we had some other great ones that we liked as well. We were just so happy, maybe it was being honeymooners in a castle on a beautiful night, I don't know. But we loved it.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Continuing on...

After a delightful dinner, we wandered toward the Circus Area, and stopped in the shop, where I bought myself a silver sequinned Minnie ear headband to wear for the Halloween party the following night. DH and I really enjoyed looking at all of the Big Top sweets-if we weren't full from dinner....

DH is prone to say "Mike Wazowski!!" all the time, so he particularly liked these:

We wandered over toward Little Mermaid and discovered no wait, so on we went! This was one of those times that I wish the line wasn't so short, so that I could have explored a bit, but oh well. Enjoyed it for a dark ride, but man oh man, were Ariel's eyes messed up!! They were entirely up in her head!! Everyone in the shells around us was laughing! Poor Ariel, my favorite :(

When we came out of TLM, Wishes! was going off! We stood along the 7 Dwarves Mine Train construction wall there by the Beauty and the Beast area and just watched. I enjoyed watching them so much from NFL that I don't think I need to see them again on Main Street, these were up close and personal, all around. Simply amazing, we felt like we were standing among the fireworks. Right as they were ending, I looked on my MDE app and saw that BTMRR had a short wait, so we booked it over there. When we got there, the sign still reflected a short wait, but I think it changed as we were entering the line because all the other people had the same plan as us. So I would say we ended up standing for about 30 minutes. But I do like riding BTMRR at night! After it ended, we made our way out of the park and back to the resort.

The night that Zac, DH and I headed back to DHS in the evening for Fantasmic, I wore a newer pair of shoes into the park, because I figured it would only be for a little bit...yeah stupid idea! Anyway, of course I developed blisters (which isn't new for me, every new pair of shoes, even at home causes them). Well after getting back to our resort and getting into bed this night, they hurt so badly I had tears in my eyes. My feet were starting to get red all around the wounds which had me kind of worried, too. They were hot to the touch. I figured this had to do with not only having very bad blisters (I am talking about 2 inches long on one foot, and a 1 inch long one on the other), but then because my feet dangled while I rode on the boat back to the resort. When my feet can't reach the floor, they tend to swell up. Does that make sense? Anyway, I finally had to ask DH if he would go get some ice out of the hallway machine so that I could elevate my feet on a pillow and ice them, they were so swollen. This worked wonders, and I finally fell asleep. In the morning, other than needing some antibiotic ointment and bandaids (which I had to buy another box of at the gift shop at the resort one of the days), my feet never bothered me like that for the rest of the week. But I feel very dumb for breaking Disney expert Rule #1, doh.

So thus ended our Disney Day! Next up, Animal Kingdom day and MNSSHP!

Last edited:

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
I thought about it seeing as how my birthday was only a few days away...but the purse I use for my Disney trips was doing a great job. ..it held a hoodie and bottles of water too which that one wouldn't have. It was just so darn pretty!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Tuesday, October 22
Today was Animal Kingdom day! We got there right after opening (this would be a theme), and found the entrance line to be much longer than any I've seen before...we came to find out that it was due to many of the RFID readers being down, CMs were having to manually scan KTTW cards or Magic Bands with the ipads or whatever. The line moved much faster than you would think, looking at it (though I humbly attribute that to my skill of finding lanes that for reasons unknown to me, people do not move up into).

So, shortly we were in!

As my family was not there yet, DH and I headed straight to Asia, to ride Everest to use our FP+s. I love the feeling of going backwards on this ride!

Everest selfie!

DH felt a little queasy afterwards, but quickly recovered.

My Mom's hands-down favorite thing in Disney is the Festival of the Lion King, and it's my absolute favorite show, so it was a must do. Through texting, we discovered that Mom was over there then, so we headed over.

The CMs kindly let DH and me join Mom's party (Aunt Sal, Zac, Dad and Mom) in the ECV section. Bobbie called before the show started and we found out that they were in the section directly across (we were the warthogs, so I think that made them the elephants?

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
And my favorite show begins!!

My Aunt Sal loved it, and Mama was happy :)

After the show, Mom's family and Bobbie's family joined up so that they could head to Rainforest Cafe for their lunch ADR. DH and I kept Zac, and he had a burning desire to go to the Boneyard. He loves that place! DH and I ate a quick lunch at Pizzafari first. I was pleased to discover that the menu here on Magic was incorrect in not listing the Hot Italian Style Sandwich, it IS still on the menu! So we each had one of those. Then it was off to Dinoland USA...

Love my little brother so much!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Zac wanted to go see if DeVine was out, and he wanted to bang the drums on that same path, so off we went.

Sure enough, she was out! Lots of pics, I love taking pics of her.

We decided that even though the wait for the Safari said 30 minutes, we'd give it a shot. DH and I actually had FP+s for it, but we couldn't figure out how to work it with Zac, especially since Bobbie was even having trouble getting FP+s for Mom's family, even though she handles their account. Gladly, the wait was nowhere near 30 minutes, more like 10 or 15, plus it was shaded (yes, another hot day) so we were happy with our plans. Zac asked if he could take the pictures of the safari, so much like Fractal's trip where Toni took the Safari pics, I made certain that the strap was securely around his neck, and let him snap away.

So, all Safari pictures are courtesy of Zac. He was SO proud! He even took some of the queue...

And I must point out that apparently, since he took a pic of it, Zac at 10 years old, knows the importance of the rules. Clearly the folks in the back of our vehicle did not, because our driver had to say no less than 4 times that everyone needed to stay seated or she couldn't move. Some people, ugh.

Oops...have to upload more pictures to photobucket.

Coming up- The Safari continues!

JillC LI

Great Trip Report. Congratulations on your Disneymoon. That turtle cheesecake photo from SciFi had me drooling! I'm glad your mom was doing well enough to enjoy the trip with you.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
OK, continuing on...I know we've seen Safari pics lots of times, but I can't begin to tell you how proud Zac was of himself! He got some pretty decent pics, I think:

And at the beginning of the walking trail

Then my boys needed to bang on some drums again

We met Mom's family and Bobbie's family at this point, back in Dinoland; Ryan and Bennett were riding Triceratops Spin, and the rest were bench-sitting. When we met up with them, Goofy and Pluto came out for their M&G there, and Mom and I RAN to the line. You see, Mom's goal this trip was to dance with Pluto, like she did on our last trip in 2011. It was a very impromptu dance in Magic Kingdom, Pluto grabbed her hands and spun her around, it's been her facebook profile picture forever, and she just loved it. I told Pluto that my Mom was looking forward to dancing with him, and here are some of the results (photopass has the rest)

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
We all went to the next show of Finding Nemo, which the family liked. Then the plan was to head out to our respective resorts and rest up or swim, then reconvene at Magic Kingdom at 6pm for MNSSHP. Took this on the way out:

Dave and I decided to hit the pool for the first time together at the resort-the waterslide was a big hit with him!

Here is DH's apparel for MNSSHP, he was a Redshirt!

OK a preface---this evening had some disappointments. One of them was that we didn't anticipate the amount of people who would be waiting in line for the boat to MK from our resort...so we were like 30 minutes late to meet everyone. Another would be that everyone kind of looked to me for the plans, and I wasn't sure what everyone's priorities were. I told them my 2 goals were 1) to M&G Flynn Rider, and 2) see the Headless Horseman kick off the parade. The gum in the works there was that Mom didn't want to stay until the 2nd parade-she knew she'd be tired, and Zac wasn't having the best-behavior night.

Chrissy's family (2 small boys, remember) had the priority of Trick-or-Treating, but stuck with us for awhile. Bobbie wanted to meet Flynn as well, so we headed that way. The wait was quite long, but as it was one of my two must do's, we decided to wait.

When we FINALLY got up to the front of the line, the woman asked how many in our party. Instead of saying "11", and letting them split us how they wanted, but being sure that all of us would get in, we each pre-divided into our separate groups--Chrissy's group of 4, Bobbie's group of 3, and our group of 4 (me, DH, Mom, and Zac). So they took Chrissy's group and Bobbie's group in. And then the line basically stopped. And we waited. And we waited. And we waited. We finally asked what was taking so long, and we were told that Rapunzel and Flynn were taking a break and would be back soon. It was getting REALLY close to the time where I knew if we didn't get a spot for the parade, we wouldn't get to see it. So we finally (heartbreakingly) made the decision to leave the line. I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of upset that that was my must-do, and everyone else got to experience it, and not me. There may have been a couple tears, mostly just out of frustration of trying to manage a large group.

So we headed down to Liberty Square to see if there were spots available in the handicapped seating area, and there was space for Mom in her ECV, with Zac on her lap, and 2 very kind women in ECVs told DH and I that we could sit in front of theirs. So I THOUGHT that I'd have enough time to run to the restroom quickly. I was trying to hurry, still somewhat upset, and so the only ones I could come up with were the Tangled ones. Yeah I know...I probably should have gone backwards to Frontierland. Anyway...I come back and the opening in the crowd at the crossing area is now closed over and rows deep (it was VERY crowded). I couldn't get across to my family and then I see it. Barely. The Headless Horseman was riding and I missed it!

Dave did manage to get these pictures quickly when he realized I wasn't gonna make it back

Everything combined...I burst into tears. I am bawling my eyes out at what is supposed to be my happy place, but I wasn't happy at this point. I was worried that I was going to have to wait for the parade to be over to get back with my group, but after the HH rode, the CM did let people cross in both directions, so I got back. But they could tell instantly that I was upset, I felt so stupid but I was so emotional about everything. Sigh. I was 0-for-2 on my must-do's.

The parade began and I did start to feel better-I mean, it's a great parade!!

I was wearing the silver sequinny Minnie ears headband I'd bought the night before. The Mad Hatter came over to me and jiggled them, saying "can you hear me better with these things??" and it cracked me up. DH got it all on video.

So I was feeling a bit better after the parade.

I have to end here tonight, but coming up next time, the Halloween Party continues (and sadly so does another disappointment)...thanks for reading!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
MNSSHP continued...

So I mentioned that the party was insanely crowded. But Zac really wanted to ride Buzz, so we headed that way, and rode it. Zac's behavior after that was getting a little iffy. He sometimes gets in moods where he gets very demanding, and he would demand what we should do next, and then get irritated if we didn't listen, or had other plans. So finally my Mom, who is pretty strict with Zac, had had enough, plus she was very tired. (her chemo treatments, while they don't make her sick, at least as of yet, do make her quite tired) So Mom told Zac that it was time to go, and rest up for tomorrow, which of course he didn't care for. So he started to get a little mouthy, and at that point, Mom said something like "when he acts like this, I just want to go home" (meaning home home) and it upset me...this trip was not as relaxing for Mom as I had hoped (mostly because she is the one who supervises/does things with Zac...Dad isn't always the greatest help in that aspect). So I was tearing up again, as we walked them back toward Main Street to exit. Zac was getting more upset because I was crying-it always unsettles him. I think of that thread in the General Discussion forum on here...the one about "Has it ever been your child?"...and yes, this night, it was my brother :( He put on quite the display while walking through Tomorrowland, and I'm sorry to any fellow Magic'ers who might have had to witness it! :eek:

So anyway, it was SO incredibly crowded in the Hub/ Main Street area because the fireworks were starting in literally 3 minutes, that we just decided the best course would be to stop and watch them, then Mom and Zac could leave. So we did just that, right on the little walkway near the water, between Tomorrowland and Main Street. After the fireworks (which admittedly I didn't really get to pay much attention to because I was still upset-I didn't ever plan on hearing the words "I'd rather be at home when he acts like this". I get very defensive about my little brother, and sometimes feel Mom is TOO strict, but I also knew that it was hard for her to care for him when he was so tired, and there wasn't anything I could do to help much at this point because of being at different resorts.

After the fireworks, all had calmed down somewhat, and hugs all around were given. Mom assured me she'd be OK getting back to the resort with him, he could ride on her lap so that they'd stay together, but I texted my sister (who had gone back to the resort with the 5 year old) to make sure someone could meet her at the bus stop at the resort and give her some help getting back to the room in one piece. She also assured me that it wasn't my fault.

So DH and I were on our own at the Party. DH felt bad that I didn't get to meet Flynn or see the Headless Horseman, and asked if I wanted to try for Flynn now, so we headed back there. After walking in a sea of people, fighting the crowd to go around the castle on the Tomorrrowland side...no go-I don't recall what the exact wait was, but it was big. Also, it was sprinkling, and I knew they wouldn't send the HH if it was wet (can anyone tell me if they did? Tuesday, October 22nd, did the HH ride during the second parade?)

So what to do? What could end my night on a more positive note?? This did do the trick:

I believe we both got the pineapple dole whip soft serve...though DH said he wished afterwards that he would have gone with the float. But still, yum.

Swiss Family Treehouse nearby

This also helped...

(the chili one is mine, and the pulled pork one DH's)

We spent some time hanging out at a table by Casey's; DH couldn't finish all of his hot dog, so we figured out a contraption using both of our fry cups, so that he could take it back to the resort (he's a very waste not kind of person). And with that, we meandered down Main Street, and left for our resort.

All in all, I LOVE MNSSHP, but I decided that I would not be trying to get us all coordinated at an event like that again...just too hard. Also, I would plan for more of a break in between, or maybe not do a park at all in the morning on our MNSSHP day, especially if Mom and Zac are involved anymore. It did just break my heart some, because this party was the big reason I always wanted to get Zac there in October. It was just too much with the way Mom was feeling, and there's no one to blame, it just was. Lesson learned though (and the trip as a whole was full of wonderful memories, so I guess one bad evening isn't too bad-bound to happen with that many people, I suppose).

On to happier things!!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, October 23rd
Guess where we went today???

Now, usually it is my least favorite of the 4 parks, but in advance, I'll say, I quite enjoyed our combined Epcot days this trip :)

Sister 1 and Mom's family had morning appointments at Pirate's League, so they would be joining us later. First up,

I pulled paper fastpasses with DH's and my KTTW card, because I figured by the time everyone got there, they would be too late to ride. DH and I rode Stand-by. The wait seemed a bit longer than posted, but altogether I'd say it was about 15 minutes? Enjoyable, as always.

We then decided on:

DH and I really enjoyed this, nice and relaxing and educational. We liked looking for the various Hidden Mickeys on this ride.

Here's on! The mesh in the shrimp tank

Hmmm, is there one in this picture?

Here's another, in the test tubes

Carrying on, through the Land pavilion, and out...

Toward the Seas!

We did Turtle Talk, which I always find adorable, and I bought and sent to our resort a Squirt plushy for my nephew (one who couldn't come on the trip) Joey back in PA.

This shot was almost what I wanted, except for the Dude-who-walked-by-right-then's head...

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
After checking the Test Track wait (faaaaar too long), we headed over to World Showcase. I must say, I really enjoyed exploring all of the countries with DH. He is pretty well-traveled (he was in the Navy), and I like to hear his stories about being in other countries, so this was just fun for us, I thought. Plus, Food and Wine!! DH was looking forward to this. We had our Festival guide and had things in mind we wanted to try, but were also open to whims and cravings :D

Mexico was up first! DH was attracted to the colors on the pottery and things in the marketplace. He also said he remembered being inside there on his trip as a child.

Mariachi outside!

Norway next!

We rode Maelstrom, my first time in several trips. Hidden Mickey!

Looks like I'm being stabbed...

First F&W selection was from Singapore...Seared Mahi Mahi with Jasmine Rice and Singa Sauce

Verdict-Delicious first option! DH usually isn't big on huge ginger flavor, but we both enjoyed this selection. Yay us!

Next up, China! We hit our next F&W booth here. We got the Black Pepper Shrimp with Sichuan Noodles. I'm not always a huge fan of shrimp (have to be in the mood, and I wasn't) but I really enjoyed the noodles, and DH liked the shrimp. Had a bit of a kick, but a good one. Good second choice!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Pretty beads at the Outpost. I'll admit, I was trying to be artsy :p

Germany! I love looking around the Christmas shop, though we didn't buy anything.

My Dad was stationed in Germany for a short time when he was in the Reserves, and bought himself a German cuckoo clock while there, and DH's Dad collects antique clocks, so we went and looked at the clocks in Germany.

Artsy again :p

Next F&W selection- Poland! We got the Kielbasa and Potato Pierogi with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream, and then also the Zapiekanki. We forgot to take the picture right away and may have taken some bites before we remembered...Verdict? Not bad. I don't like pierogies, but enjoyed the onions (DH doesn't eat them much) and a bite or two of kielbasa, in addition to the Zapi (that as mostly mine because of the mushrooms-DH also doesn't do them). We also decided to be adventurous and live up to the "& Wine" portion of F&W, and ordered the Temptation Zinfandel. We are NOT wine drinkers and this solidified it for us. But we had to try...

We sat near the model train to enjoy our selections

America!

While here, we got a text from the rest of the crew that they were in Epcot, and we decided to all meet in Canada. So we booked it over there (though we did get stopped by the DVC guy for a few minutes...)

Snapped a picture of Mary Poppins while we passed by

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
And this is what we were greeted with!!

They did an AMAZING job on my brother, he looked so awesome! I can't begin to count the amount of compliments he got from random people for the rest of the day. According to Mom, when they were leaving MK earlier after having their makeovers, the CMs at the gate acted like they weren't going to let Zac leave, because he belonged in PoC.

My nephew Bennett all Pirated up:

Did I mention that mom, Bobbie and her husband Ryan all got the Pirate treatment too? They did! We are currently working with the Photopass people on getting those photos to my account so I can put them on the cd. But here you can see Bobbie in this picture

Some got a little snack of popcorn while sitting in Canada, while DH and I and Bobbie got a F&W selection there at Canada. I got the Cheddar Cheese Soup, DH got the Seared Rainbow Trout with Bacon, Frisee, and Maple Minus 8 Vinaigrette, and Bobbie got the "Le Cellier" Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce. Yummy!! I had been WAITING for the soup. It did not disappoint! BUT, we forgot to take pictures...meeting up with the fam got us out of our flow :p

Seriously amazing work.

So, we began working the other way around World Showcase...Great Britain! DH and I, and through us, Zac, like Doctor Who...so we had to check out the merch.

We checked out our family crests..."Laird" (my maiden name) is Scottish for "land owner or land lord". DH was pleasantly surprised to see that "Zaremski" was represented (though we spell ours with a "y" on the end).

On to France! Bobbie and Ryan got Bennett's profile done

Sister 2, Chrissy, and her younger son, Corbin

Ah, here's Piratey Mom, as we waited for Bennett's profile, and Dad

Aunt Sal and DH bonded this week over finding shade and/or benches and/or shady benches. Or water fountain ledges, whatever.

In Morocco

In Japan, I briefly thought about doing the Pick-a-Pearl thing, and we even went inside to watch a little bit of it. But I don't wear much everyday jewelry, and don't have much cause to wear it too much in general, so even though Chrissy offered to pay for a day-early birthday present, I decided against it. The CMs sure look like they enjoy doing it though. Zac liked looking around the Pokemon stuff, and Aunt Sal bought herself a fan, on which a CM wrote her name "Sally" in Japanese for her.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
I seem to be on a roll, so I'm just gonna keep on going...hopefully you are all still there!

So now we have made it back to the good ol' U.S. of A. I knew my Dad would enjoy Voices of Liberty, so we went in about 20 minutes early and got a good spot with the scooters. There wasn't anyone else waiting, so Bennett and Corbin enjoyed the open space in the middle

Seriously, Bennett looked SO much like his Dad with the addition of facial hair!

As always, the Voices put on a beautiful show!

After the show, it was pretty close to Mom's, Chrissy's and Bobbie's families' reservations at Rose and Crown, so we walked back that way, and DH and I kept Zac again (since he wouldn't have eaten anyway). We decided that he and I would use the paper fastpasses that we pulled earlier, while DH waited. The FP line had a bit of a wait, and I felt bad for DH just sitting on a bench but I knew we needed to ride some things with Zac. He loved Soarin'-he remembered it from last time.

Zac always enjoys looking around Innoventions. He remembered the fire truck area and wanted to go there. But once we got there, it definitely didn't have the appeal for an 10 year old as it did for an 8 year old, apparently. But we did find the Great Piggy Bank Adventure and Zac and I did that. Good news! We saved enough for Zac's college education!! Poor DH, sitting and waiting again :(

We didn't know what to do next, but Zac and I both wanted to do TT-me because of the update, and Zac because he liked it last time-it's basically the biggest thrill ride he does so far. It had a slightly significant wait, I want to say 30 minutes or so, but we went for it. I definitely liked the older queue better, had more to look at, but once we got to the interactive area, it kept Zac pretty occupied. Once we got into the design room, well, we were in Zac's heaven! He designed us the most powerful, but inefficient vehicle, but spoiler alert: it took first in 3 of the 4 categories! He was so proud of himself!

After this, we got the text that the rest were done with their meal, which they enjoyed. We met up at Nemo.

Dad and DH elected to sit it out, so the rest of us entered The Seas with Nemo and Friends. As we were whipping through the queue (and my Mom got pretty daring and dangerous with the switchbacks!!!), the saying in my thread title was born. My brother in law, Duane, was telling Zac about his meal. To that, Zac said "whoop de doo" and Duane said "oh no, it wasn't whoop de doo, it was whoop de WHOOOO!" which cracked us all up. After riding through Nemo, we went to Turtle Talk.

It was cute, yet again. None of my boys got picked but a good time was had-Bobbie had her big belly laugh going again!

After this, apparently the rest of the group headed back to the resort. DH and I headed across to Club Cool; I had been telling DH about the taste testing. So we did that, but he wouldn't try Beverly. He liked the watermelon flavor. However we are sad to see that we missed the new flavors that have just come out.

We headed to Mouse Gears for some browsing and shopping. We still needed to buy our newly married ornament, by orders of one of our wedding guests. We found one, and DH got some candy.

Heading out, we decided to visit the Art of Disney store. I fell in LOVE with the Thomas Kincade square paintings! I really want the Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King and Snow White ones. I think it would make a lovely wall in my house!! We saw so many things we really liked. Someday when we're lottery winners, I suppose!

And thus ends the day, back to the resort we went.

Disneyfan21257

I wish my whole family could go to WDW together. My grandma was planning one for October 2014, but my aunt said no because it wasn't "educational". So I guess it'll just be my parents, my brother and I.

Raven66

Congrats on your wedding! Love the pictures and report. Sorry you didn't get to see Flynn. That would really have made me so mad. But the moral I got from that story is ME FIRST!!:D It sounds like over all you had a wonderful time. And to spend your disneymoon with your family must have been great.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
I wish my whole family could go to WDW together. My grandma was planning one for October 2014, but my aunt said no because it wasn't "educational". So I guess it'll just be my parents, my brother and I.

It really is quite an adventure, great memories were made for sure! Be forewarned though, it can be hard to coordinate for everyone, lol! But I highly disagree with your aunt! It can be very educational, on many different levels. But I'm sure you'll have fun, and we'll look forward to a Trip Report!

Congrats on your wedding! Love the pictures and report. Sorry you didn't get to see Flynn. That would really have made me so mad. But the moral I got from that story is ME FIRST!!:D It sounds like over all you had a wonderful time. And to spend your disneymoon with your family must have been great.

Aw, thank you!! Glad you're following along :) Yeah, I was really looking forward to it, as the movie holds a special place in my heart, and I always like to do the things at the Halloween party that can't be done on a typical day in the MK ya know? I'm glad my sisters and nephews got the chance, but yeah, we will definitely rethink how I do the M&Gs :p We did, and it was...thanks again!!

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
Original Poster
Great Trip Report. Congratulations on your Disneymoon. That turtle cheesecake photo from SciFi had me drooling! I'm glad your mom was doing well enough to enjoy the trip with you.

Oops, think I missed this, sorry! Thank you so much! And yes, that cheesecake was wonderful! Mom did excellent on the trip, she just got tired, but hey-that happens to non-sick people at Disney too. Thanks for reading!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom