Pre-Trip It's My Birthday and I Will Go to Disney If I Want To :)

That's right...its me again :)
Do I ever really leave??
Time for another PTR!

Who?

Also not surprising! Just my Mom and I :) (Mary and Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7998863182.jpeg

When?
July 4 - July 14 :) It was supposed to be July 6 or so but somehow it crept up to the 4th! If anyone has ever been there on the 4th any tips will be appreciated :) I'm excited to see the 4th of July Fireworks even if I have to fight big crowds :)

Where?
The Polynesian!
I gave this away in my PTR but I was able to book a bounce back and got a pretty stellar deal on the Poly. I actually could not get it for July 4th though so we are staying at the Villas and Bungalows part (help @Tuvalu whats the difference from the resort?). We hate moving hotels so the solution was just to pay AP discount price for a night then just store our luggage at the desk and not worry about moving it :)
DSC_0896_1.jpg

DSC_0897_1.jpg

Why?
Well, as the title indicates its my Birthday! I always wanted to go to Disney for my Birthday and this summer seemed like the perfect time to go (and brave the heat) since I have a two month break after finishing residency and before starting my real job :) We renewed our APs before they expired since it was cheaper and so here we are :)

Next up: some actual plans !

blreinsel

ALMOST BOOKED!! been meaning to message you guys, but planning July 9-13 and even thinking maybe at least one night at the poly!
Scored a breakfast reservation on my birthday with Flynn, Eric, rapunzel and Ariel after we loved it so much last week :inlove: you guys wanna come?!
What a fun birthday week for us!!!

WOOHOO! I'm so excited for this meet up! See how I'm not saying hopeful meet up? Because its happening! I looked for that breakfast reservation and can't find it :(

YAY! Ummmm YES I want to come! Your pictures from last week looked like such a blast! @Doc Disney we must keep trying to score a reservation! Birthday shenanigans are so much more fun with Disney friends! :joyfull:

Perfect way to spend a birthday! I hope you get to meet up with @blgauger and @samantha788. Super jealous as I would love to meet them, too!

Someday!!! It's meant to be! :)

samantha788

YAY! Ummmm YES I want to come! Your pictures from last week looked like such a blast! @Doc Disney we must keep trying to score a reservation! Birthday shenanigans are so much more fun with Disney friends! :joyfull:

Keep checking!! When I first looked last week I couldn't get anything then randomly looked Wednesday night and one was available for 9am on the 10th!

Doc Disney

Original Poster

Keep checking!! When I first looked last week I couldn't get anything then randomly looked Wednesday night and one was available for 9am on the 10th!

Is that when the one is that you booked? The 10th at 9am? There were a few when I checked the other day but I wasn't sure when you were going!

The only time I can find for the 10th is 7:40 am :( I am going to keep looking!!! I booked it just in case haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Ok onto some plans :)
Dining Plans :)

July 4th - obviously we would prefer CG if we can find one but for now we have Liberty Tree Tavern at 5:40 :) Figured that was pretty patriotic of us :)

July 5th - California Grill :) 7:40 pm
Our favorite !
IMG_2017.JPG

July 6th - no dining plans! Trying not to overload us with reservations!

July 7th - Tiffins R of L dining package 5:45 pm. Obsessed with Tiffins and can not wait to go back :)
I said originally I would not do the dining package again but while I may not care as much about getting the dining package seating at R of L I think the value is good!
DSC_3065_1.jpg
DSC_3067_1.jpg

July 8th
no dining!

July 9th
Be Our Guest lunch 12:20 pm
While we may be taking a break from dinner here, we are excited to have some lunch (and French Onion soup) :)

July 10th
Possibly the Bon Voyage breakfast at Trattoria al Forno if I can find a better time :) @samantha788 @blgauger
Mama Melroses 7:00 pm :)

July 11th

Via Napoli lunch (shocker I know) 12:40 pm
IMG_1052.JPG
IMG_1053.JPG

July 12th
No dining :)

July 13th
It's my Birthday! After hemming and hawing and making several reservations and canceling them I have finally settled on Cinderella's Royal Table at 8:25 pm. Originally we were thinking about doing the Fireworks Cruise but since its not Wishes anymore we decided against it until we know if we like the new fireworks or not. Plus who doesn't want to spend their Birthday with princesses? Clearly I'm celebrating my 9th (er....29th) Birthday :p:p:p

July 14th
We have a breakfast at 1900 Park Fare because originally we thought my sister was coming with my nephew but they aren't so will probably cancel this

Next up: Fast Passes

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Love the ADR's!!!! So many good ones that are on my list. I'm so hopeful that our breakfast plans work out with @samantha788!!! :D Dylan says I need to stay home and help unpack (since we'll probably just be arriving on the 9th), but what's a few hours out to breakfast with friends going to hurt?? ;)

Pssht....its just a few hours :D Who needs to unpack?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
You're lying!!! Pinch me, I must be dreaming! :hilarious: We have to plan to meet up! Which resort are you staying at? I put our plans at the bottom of my last TR (link in my signature) if you want to look.

For sure a meet up will be happening!! We are staying at the Contemporary :) Its my Mom's B. Day trip! We dont have any hard and fast plans yet except for a dining reservation here or there

sheriffwoody

For sure a meet up will be happening!! We are staying at the Contemporary :) Its my Mom's B. Day trip! We dont have any hard and fast plans yet except for a dining reservation here or there
Perfect! Just a boat ride away :) So fun for your mom! I will have to do a birthday at Disney someday. Mine is in November and usually close to homecoming (I work at a school), so it's not a great time for me to travel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom