It's been almost 10 years...

Philo

Once upon a time I was fairly active on these forums, but it's been 10 years since my last WDW trip so I haven't really been following anything other than the big changes (FL expansion, Pandora, Disney Springs, Rivers of Light etc)

I've been fortunate enough to visit DLP, TDL and DL in the years since, so I don't think I've lost touch entirely, but my focus did slip away from WDW.

However, in 3 weeks I will be returning to WDW as part of a big family group. We're all set in terms of ADR, FP and general planning. For 12 of the family, it'll be their first ever trip to WDW so they'll be very content just exploring the parks and experiencing the attractions etc. However, for my wife and I, we want to find the small, interesting things that have changed since our last visit and enjoy them.

An example is the change of narration on the TTA that happened about 8 years ago (I love that ride, so hearing that the narration changed makes me a little nervous, but I still want to experience it)

So, what small things have changed over the last 10 years (for better or worse!) that you think are worth experiencing for two Disney parks fans? I welcome all suggestions!

Weather_Lady

This isn't a small thing -- but Avatarland in the Animal Kingdom, for sure.

Also, Mission:Space (mild side) and Soarin' both offer a different film/experience than that of 10 years ago. Maelstrom has been completely re-themed to "Frozen Ever After." In addition to new/re-themed restaurants, there are new walk-up lounges (Tutto Gusto Wine Bar in Epcot's Italy Pavilion, Nomad Lounge in the Animal Kingdom, and the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge at HS) to enjoy, as well.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom