it feel more like fall ( liz hurely ribbon run)

imagination30

Original Poster
so its almost the end of Oct. you Know what that means , Carmel apples , bonfires, cooler weather... and oh this little race . called the Liz Hurley ribbon run.. its a put on by our local News anchor , she's a breast cancer survivor . and its in its 11th year .. and what do I mean by little , Heck its a big race .. with a another record crowd this year of over 6 thousand!!..and so this was my third year doing this race. its so fun.. , it feel more like every year I compete against my self to make me better.. and this year I got back to where I was 2 yrs ago.. It was so cool ... temp. wise. so it was a perfect day for a race.. "so sugar we're going down.". One thing I learned from last year... was not to be in the front .. and it helped me again this year. , Last year I tightened up right out of the gate.. , but this year I was so much better.. I managed to hit the first mile at 7:50 , which was fine for me .. but sadly I wish I could hold that for a whole ., ( maybe if I had dorthy's red slippers.. ;) ,but I was fine with my pace and time moving along ... as we continued the community and volunteers where very spirited ... even the police directing traffic where getting into the fun.. , Next up was a little hill ( I remember water stop here last year) , sadly it wasn't there.. umm.. ( spoiler alert coming soon) , so I keep tucking.. . next mile was mile 2. , for some reason I like this mile not bc its close to the end. just bc it so layed out that when you round the corner you can see runners coming up to the hill on the next street.here comes the spoiler alert , yes I know a cardinal rule in a 5k is your not suppose to take a gel , but I did ... --- cringe.. , so sue me .. but I did this for a the simple reason of mustering enough to be able to sprint the final straight away.. so Onward and upward we go.. the lastwater station I took water and took my mocha cliff shot.. and I began my jog / sprint toward the finish line.. , going as fast as my legs would take me to set a new pr or try to set a new pr. but the cold in my lugs wasn't helping much .but I managed to cross at 25 :57 which was close to my pr from 2 yrs ago.. so I would say fall weather was my friend today.. -- and everybody's for that matter. bc the winning time was 15 something and the top girl came in at 16 something.. and I came in 224 overall ( men.):happy: , so im quite pleased by my performance today!!- like my mom said if I would have trained more I could have been up around the teens today in time!:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom