Issue with site freezing up while posting

~Experiment 626~

Original Poster
Since I joined yesterday I have been experiencing issues with the site freezing up and the lagging of the words to appear while typing my post on many occasions. This has only occurred while using my laptop where I use Chrome Browser and not my phone. What exactly starts to happen is in the upper left hand corner of the page where there is the little blue square logo of the forum it starts flickering and it becomes really hard to post with lagging typing and eventually the entire screen freezes up. I know this is not my laptop issue as it only occurs on this site and no where else while I am browsing the internet.

Minnesota disney fan

OP you are using the malware that I am. It is supposed to be the best for PC's.
I'm glad you brought this up, as I am having a lot of trouble with this site on my laptop. Other sites I frequent have NO issues and are quick.
Therefore it has got to be something with this site.
I have trouble with the "back" key working. I go to a thread and read for a while, then try to get back to the original postings, and it. will. not. go. back, at all. I have to go to the top of the page, repunch in home, and start all over!!!! What a PIA!
I hope the moderators are reading this and will fix this, as it is very irritating.
OP, I also had the trouble with posting too, but this is better. Grrr........................

~Experiment 626~

Original Poster
OP you are using the malware that I am. It is supposed to be the best for PC's.
I'm glad you brought this up, as I am having a lot of trouble with this site on my laptop. Other sites I frequent have NO issues and are quick.
Therefore it has got to be something with this site.
I have trouble with the "back" key working. I go to a thread and read for a while, then try to get back to the original postings, and it. will. not. go. back, at all. I have to go to the top of the page, repunch in home, and start all over!!!! What a PIA!
I hope the moderators are reading this and will fix this, as it is very irritating.
OP, I also had the trouble with posting too, but this is better. Grrr........................
I hope someone does get this message as it seems it is not only me that is having this issue and it certainly seems to be related to the site not the individuals laptops. I am on th Chit Chat thread as well and several of the members there have experienced the same issues.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Can any of you with this issue try disabling Flash, and see if that makes any difference.

To disable Flash in Chrome, type chrome://plugins in the address bar. Then click Disable by Adobe Flash Player.

Thanks.

Tony the Tigger

What helped me with that (and I think I got the suggestion from someone on here) was to download Adblock Plus. It's not perfect, but considerably better. (I had the same situation, it would get really really slow after a few minutes on Chrome, but no issues on my phone.)

~Experiment 626~

Original Poster
What helped me with that (and I think I got the suggestion from someone on here) was to download Adblock Plus. It's not perfect, but considerably better. (I had the same situation, it would get really really slow after a few minutes on Chrome, but no issues on my phone.)
Did the little blue site logo flicker up in the left hand corner of your screen?

Tony the Tigger

Did the little blue site logo flicker up in the left hand corner of your screen?

I don't remember ever noticing that, but possibly.

It would just start to get really slow after a few posts. Like waiting several seconds between each letter I typed showing up on the screen. (And never mind if you had to backspace or move the cursor - it was very frustrating.)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

A note on Adblock.

It is of course up to you, but the site is only able to operate through earnings from advertising. By preventing advertising from running with Adblock, you are eliminating our funding source.

An alternative to running adblock is to purchase a WDWMAGIC upgrade for $5 per month, which removes all ads from the forum. More at Account Upgrades

~Experiment 626~

Original Poster
I don't remember ever noticing that, but possibly.

It would just start to get really slow after a few posts. Like waiting several seconds between each letter I typed showing up on the screen. (And never mind if you had to backspace or move the cursor - it was very frustrating.)
It was doing that. What wdwmagic suggested disabling Chrome Flash has seemed to resolve that issue, but now when I post the page keeps flipping to the top of the page in the middle of posting. I guess one problem solved leads to another problem. :)

~Experiment 626~

Original Poster
A note on Adblock.

It is of course up to you, but the site is only able to operate through earnings from advertising. By preventing advertising from running with Adblock, you are eliminating our funding source.

An alternative to running adblock is to purchase a WDWMAGIC upgrade for $5 per month, which removes all ads from the forum. More at Account Upgrades
I am giving this consideration, but since I just joined yesterday I am not going to jump into a $5 per month commitment right now.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It was doing that. What wdwmagic suggested disabling Chrome Flash has seemed to resolve that issue, but now when I post the page keeps flipping to the top of the page in the middle of posting. I guess one problem solved leads to another problem. :)
The only thing that could be causing the return to the top is the grey up arrow icon in the bottom right corner. Can you click on that and see if it is the same action?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom