Isn't Disney truly the happiest place on earth

DfromATX

WDW is said to be the "most magical place on earth" because Disneyland is said to be the happiest place on earth. Don't know if that is true, but am going out there in February to find out and will let you know. :) I'm guessing both places are pretty swell.

I would like to hear what it's like to go in February compared to other months. Please let us know. Hope you have a great time!

rucifee

I dont live in Canada and we have that here as well, it's called cheddar & broccoli soup.

You can make it at home too, Disney has published the recipe. No need to go to a $$$ restaurant for it. Which reminds me, I haven't mad it in a while. Off to the store!

rob0519

I think the entire Disney experience either at DL or WDW may still be the happiest and most magical places for some people, most those under the age of 18 who don't have to plan or pay for the trip. The continuing excessive inflation of prices, the over crowding of the parks, the need for planning dinner 180 days in advance and what attractions to ride 60 days in advance have turned "happy" and "magical" into a stress filled commando type adventure in which most people spend the entire time trying to get the most in for the amount of money paid.

I was just in WDW for the last several days and I still enjoy the smiles and laughter of the children as they see the magical world and meet their favorite characters. It is truly what Walt would have wanted. However, the comments and looks on the faces of the parents and other adults as they navigate the crowds tell a different story.

Example. We were at the last of 4 bus stops in Saratoga Springs, so the buses are pretty crowded by the time they get to that stop. A woman was there with her husband and two children waiting for a bus to Epcot. I guess one or two buses were too crowded and passed the stop. She began badgering this poor young woman from transportation demanding free unlimited fast passes for the day, a shuttle to Epcot in a DVC van and who knows what else. No happiness or magic for this woman or the cast member on that day.

The Tuna

It's my happy place, my families happy place and first choice for vacations when we can. But i can say Jamaica was a happy place when i was there, Cruises are great, other Caribbean destinations as well. England, Ireland, Vancouver/Whistler. Loved them all, but there is something about WDW for me. We went to Universal as well and I think I had more fun there due to the thrills, immersive lands and the cool factor of things like Krusty Burgers and Butter Beer, but for whatever reason its WDW for me if I had the choice.

HRHPrincessAriel

I really love WDW and would visit many times in the year. That being said there are also other places I love to visit with my family. WDW is not the only place I want to give all my $$ to. NOLA was a fantastic family vacation and any ski slope just beckons us.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I think it's the total resort you have to evaluate , and when you do you have to be amazed at the sheer scale of the operation and what they do there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom