Starbucks Trolley Car Cafe on Hollywood Blvd at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

The Empress Lilly

Understood. But I just feel with it being close to when you enter in the morning, and on the right side of the street, my opinion is that it will take away business from Starring Rolls and they will eventually close that shop.
WDW's audience has changed over the years. It is now a permanently gnawing and drinking mass of human bulk. There is enough increased appetite to add instead of replace f&b places.

misterID

WDW's audience has changed over the years. It is now a permanently gnawing and drinking mass of human bulk. There is enough increased appetite to add instead of replace f&b places.
I have to say, you're taking this very well. When you found out about Starbucks taking over the Main Street Bakery I'm pretty sure there were some casualties...

The Empress Lilly

I have to say, you're taking this very well. When you found out about Starbucks taking over the Main Street Bakery I'm pretty sure there were some casualties...
Eh, no point in repeating oneself. At some point one has exhausted all there is to say about Starbuckses being introduced into themed environments. Besides, much of it was directed against the misinformation and hysteria that led to such Orwellian doublespeak as 'MS Bakery to include Starbucks products'. We now call a spade a spade and simply name this for what it is: Starbucks to HB at DHS. Instead of 'L.A. Prop Cinema Storage shop to feature Starbucks products'. Reason always wins out. ;)

WDWtraveler

A look over the fence at the Starbucks construction area at Hollywood Studios. Not much to see, but they are pouring a new concrete pad outdoors. Appears to be low "barrier" walls in line with the store front next door, to separate the sidewalk from the Starbucks waiting area. Photo as of Friday, October 10, 2014.

IMG_3118.JPG

WDWtraveler

Starbucks' Trolley Car Café at Hollywood Studios. Photo updates as of Tuesday, December 16. An "over the wall" view of the front entrance. The low wall and fence implies that a seating area will be separated from the sidewalk. Inside, the counters and overhead lighting are being installed.

IMG_4200.JPG

Detail on the ironwork entrance roof. You can see "TCC" on both center pillars which matches the name "Trolley Car Café."

IMG_4202.JPG

Overview of front.

IMG_4201.JPG

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

A few daytime pictures of the Trolley Car Café building at Hollywood Studios. Photo update as of Tuesday, Dec 23. Not trying to "upstage" 'pug' at all. Just adding some detail to his wonderful pictures which alerted me to this opportunity.

IMG_4352.JPG

Is the "Pacific Electric' sign at the top of the building leftover from the original building?

IMG_4353.JPG

Full construction walls still surround the back of the building and the awning over the old Cadillac is still there.

IMG_4357.JPG

pug

A few daytime pictures of the Trolley Car Café building at Hollywood Studios. Photo update as of Tuesday, Dec 23. Not trying to "upstage" 'pug' at all. Just adding some detail to his wonderful pictures which alerted me to this opportunity.

View attachment 77294

Is the "Pacific Electric' sign at the top of the building leftover from the original building?

View attachment 77295

Full construction walls still surround the back of the building and the awning over the old Cadillac is still there.

View attachment 77296
I think at night the sign is lit up I don't really know thou :)

WDWtraveler

Hollywood Studio's Starbucks photo update, as of Saturday, Jan 10. The front of the building looks the same. In the back, the construction wall has been removed, revealing about the same presentation as before the shop closed. The awning is still there, but the Cadillac is gone of course.

IMG_4441.JPG

A close-up of the rear door, which won't be used by guests, because it would lead right into the cast member's work area. See next two photos.

IMG_4440.JPG

The side windows were uncovered, so here is a view of the inside.

IMG_4438.JPG

The last side window looks right into the back of the service counter.

IMG_4439.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom