Starbucks Trolley Car Cafe on Hollywood Blvd at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

Master Gracey 5

My only concern is how much of the patio space behind the shop they would potentially take away. I like the bench behind the shop and just off of Sunset as a place to relax for a few minutes and eat an ice cream. The old car there helps provide a buffer and the plants make it slightly more tranquil. Putting Starbucks tables there would be a shame.

ABQ

My only concern is how much of the patio space behind the shop they would potentially take away. I like the bench behind the shop and just off of Sunset as a place to relax for a few minutes and eat an ice cream. The old car there helps provide a buffer and the plants make it slightly more tranquil. Putting Starbucks tables there would be a shame.
Adding tables...well, assuming they had seats, would be unprecedented. WDW never adds seating.

Magenta Panther

I would have nominated the Writer's Nook for a Starbucks - it's one of my fave places to rest my feet, have a cuppa, and peruse some books. But the coffee there is none too good IMO.

Still, if this new location is chosen, I HOPE that Disney will allow indoor seating areas. Make it a real coffee house. People will enjoy the park much more if they have a spot where they can cool off, rest, and gather their energies for further explorations.

dreamfinder

I doubt they'll remove Starring Rolls considering it's small size... Why are they building a Starbucks if they have The Writer's Stop?

Why did they just build a Joffrey's kiosk at Pixar Place if they already had The Writer's Stop/Starring Rolls/the pending announcement of Starbucks? People like coffee, and more and more people are choosing "real" coffee over "blah pot of coffee that was sitting on warming plate for hours" coffee.

Next Big Thing

I would have nominated the Writer's Nook for a Starbucks - it's one of my fave places to rest my feet, have a cuppa, and peruse some books. But the coffee there is none too good IMO.

Still, if this new location is chosen, I HOPE that Disney will allow indoor seating areas. Make it a real coffee house. People will enjoy the park much more if they have a spot where they can cool off, rest, and gather their energies for further explorations.
So you're vehemently against anything to do with Disney owned properties such as STAR WARS and MUPPETS being expanded to improve the parks, but when it comes to improving coffee selection, Starbucks gets the ok by you? Hmmm....

ABQ

Why did they just build a Joffrey's kiosk at Pixar Place if they already had The Writer's Stop/Starring Rolls/the pending announcement of Starbucks? People like coffee, and more and more people are choosing "real" coffee over "blah pot of coffee that was sitting on warming plate for hours" coffee.
The Joffrey's kiosk is not bad. I used to love the Writer's Stop, and especially liked it in the winter for a cup of cocoa prior to looking at the Osborne lights, but it's gone down hill. The coffee has not tasted very good over there in a while. Thankfully, though I'm not a fan of all their roasts, Starbucks has been consistent.

Magenta Panther

So you're vehemently against anything to do with Disney owned properties such as STAR WARS and MUPPETS being expanded to improve the parks, but when it comes to improving coffee selection, Starbucks gets the ok by you? Hmmm....

"Improve" the parks - with that junk? You just blew your forum cred, dude.

Oh, by the way: https://movies.yahoo.com/news/box-office-divergent-tops-while-muppets-flop-215516938.html

Can't post that ENOUGH.

And really? You're dissing me over COFFEE? Maybe I missed something, but when did Disney ever make its own coffee? What difference does it make what coffee brand it uses? :rolleyes: Hmmm....

images

SoupBone

I agree. Infact, I really don't like starbucks in any of the parks. When you are in the parks, what you want is to be transported to a new place and immersed in what is around you. With starbucks there, something that is common in the outside world...idk...for me it kinda just takes something away...

Disney really has started to build up some generic look like all other theme parks. It's a shame.

As far as Starbucks goes, I like the idea of having one because I really enjoy their products, but not at the cost of themeing.

Maybe they'll at least make it look like the era of the other storefronts.

Mickey_777

Glad to hear Starring Rolls may stay. We were there on Wednesday and the baked goods and cappuccinos were as good as ever. On a related note, we ate identical items at croissant moon the next day out at IOA and it was terrible. Some of the worst danish I've had.

dreamfinder

Is it too much to ask for all that space outside to be converted into seating? Covered or non, a bunch of seats would be nice. Something that has been missing in the other FL conversions.

DisneyDebRob

Adding tables...well, assuming they had seats, would be unprecedented. WDW never adds seating.
They added seating to Fantasmic.:-/

Anyway, all this news about new Starbucks,M&G's,dance parties..etc.. Is it me or is it tough to get excited about things anymore in the world? I know, this is coming in 3-4 years.. This may be coming in 5-6 years. I'm watching myself get older while I wait. Think I need a drink.:)

roj2323

They added seating to Fantasmic.:-/

Anyway, all this news about new Starbucks,M&G's,dance parties..etc.. Is it me or is it tough to get excited about things anymore in the world? I know, this is coming in 3-4 years.. This may be coming in 5-6 years. I'm watching myself get older while I wait. Think I need a drink.:)

they don't need to add seating to fantasmic, you just need to go to the second showing.

Anyway

I agree that it has been difficult to get excited about new Starbucks locations, improvements in efficiency and new bypass walkways. I am itching to see new attractions and previously closed attractions reopened or replaced so the parks (especially DHS and Epcot) don't feel so lifeless and empty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom