Starbucks Trolley Car Cafe on Hollywood Blvd at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

ToTBellHop

I agree. Infact, I really don't like starbucks in any of the parks. When you are in the parks, what you want is to be transported to a new place and immersed in what is around you. With starbucks there, something that is common in the outside world...idk...for me it kinda just takes something away...
Well, to be fair, you have a Starbucks next to an Edy's ice cream parlor in one park and a Starbucks that replaced an Edy's ice cream parlor in another. Edy's is pretty common by me (and these types of sponsorships have always been in the parks). I find the two in-park locations to be pretty unobtrusive.

Good pick for the Studios. Now I'm just left to wonder about DAK. But perhaps they are waiting for the demolition of The Oasis and construction of some sort of "main street" there?

DinoInstitute

Well, to be fair, you have a Starbucks next to an Edy's ice cream parlor in one park and a Starbucks that replaced an Edy's ice cream parlor in another. Edy's is pretty common by me (and these types of sponsorships have always been in the parks). I find the two in-park locations to be pretty unobtrusive.

Good pick for the Studios. Now I'm just left to wonder about DAK. But perhaps they are waiting for the demolition of The Oasis and construction of some sort of "main street" there?
Yah, I never like the edy's either, and for that matter, same with all the "sponcered by's".

It will be especially weird in DAK though. I suppose the best place to make it work would be near Restaurantosoarus area, although rumor has it that it will be where creature comforts is

Marc Gil

I doubt they'll remove Starring Rolls considering it's small size... Why are they building a Starbucks if they have The Writer's Stop?

Then again, enjoying a Iced Caramel Macchiato while waiting for Fantasmic to start sounds pretty awesome to me...

Kman101

Not that it wouldn't surprise me, but why have one big Starbucks and then another literally around the corner at Starring Rolls? (even though there are literally Starbucks next door to each other in the 'real world'). Disney Springs/DTD, sure, but THAT would be overkill and I don't even mind Starbucks being there. Happily used the Main Street one several times. It's hardly intrusive. IMO.

I do see the idea behind Starring Rolls though. Maybe on it's own it does fine though? I'm glad they're replacing a generic store that sells all the same crap that you can find everywhere else. And I'm sure Starring Rolls wouldn't really change much, just to include Starbucks. They seem to be decent at keeping some offerings that were already in places before and theming is minimalistic and works with what's there. I guess it wouldn't be too awful. I just like the place as is, I'll admit that but I actually trust it to be done right if they did chose it for a second location.

Kman101

I doubt they'll remove Starring Rolls considering it's small size... Why are they building a Starbucks if they have The Writer's Stop?

The Writer's Stop is very tiny. And the location, IMO, wouldn't be very good.

Starbucks sells well. That's why they're building Starbucks everywhere. And it's nice to have decent coffee in the parks for a change. Joffreys was also a nice choice for the other locations.

TowerOfTerror

Well since Planet Hollywood is leaving DTD, I would imagine all the merchandise from L.A. Prop Cinema Storage would move into the Planet Hollywood store at DHS. And viola a starbucks!

jdmdisney99

Funny, I wandered into this store on my trip last month for no apparent reason. I walked in and wondered, "Why am I here?" Guess I needed to see a "before" prior to the change...fate is strange thing.

The Empress Lilly

They proved they could do it just fine in DCA. I think it's time to stop trying to be a stick in the mud and just move on
And DL's 50th also showed that anniversary structures can be great, but that didn't mean we moved on and stopped going on about the BAH.

People who understand the fine art of designing immersive thematic environments with some sophistication know the worth of shoehorning in Starbuckses:

Eddie Sotto @boss_angeles · 9 feb.
Now that MSUSA has Starbucks, will Adventureland get Trader Joes? Just a thought.

jmmc

I think all these locations so far are nice buildings. I just wish they'd do something more like "Hollywood Coffee" with "featuring Starbucks Coffee" with smaller logo below. Something like that. Or maybe even keep the name but work with Starbucks to create a themed version of their logo.

I guess we could blame this on some poor corporate decisions, but I also feel like blaming this on people's extreme coffee obsession/addiction. Come on, it's Disney World. You can't break out of your morning routine for a few days? You need YOUR coffee or life is over? :)

71jason

I think all these locations so far are nice buildings. I just wish they'd do something more like "Hollywood Coffee" with "featuring Starbucks Coffee" with smaller logo below. Something like that. Or maybe even keep the name but work with Starbucks to create a themed version of their logo.

Not much of a West Coast history buff ... so 1930s Hollywood was characterized by shelves and shelves of plush outside every shop on Hollywood Blvd.?

jmmc

Not much of a West Coast history buff ... so 1930s Hollywood was characterized by shelves and shelves of plush outside every shop on Hollywood Blvd.?
No, but neither did medieval Europe and we still wouldn't want a Taco Bell next to Cinderella's Castle.

But I suppose a specially-themed "Ye Olde Taco Belle" may work. :)

plaz10

Not that it wouldn't surprise me, but why have one big Starbucks and then another literally around the corner at Starring Rolls? (even though there are literally Starbucks next door to each other in the 'real world'). Disney Springs/DTD, sure, but THAT would be overkill and I don't even mind Starbucks being there. Happily used the Main Street one several times. It's hardly intrusive. IMO.

I do see the idea behind Starring Rolls though. Maybe on it's own it does fine though? I'm glad they're replacing a generic store that sells all the same crap that you can find everywhere else. And I'm sure Starring Rolls wouldn't really change much, just to include Starbucks. They seem to be decent at keeping some offerings that were already in places before and theming is minimalistic and works with what's there. I guess it wouldn't be too awful. I just like the place as is, I'll admit that but I actually trust it to be done right if they did chose it for a second location.

Maybe they will just nix the coffee and keep the sandwiches, pastries, CUPCAKES, etc...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom