Shark Reef to close at Typhoon Lagoon

BrerJon

Well, like I implied, I don't know what exactly is going on, save for that I don't recall any safety concerns with the area. But yeah, if nothing else comes in, it's a monetary decision. Which is curious to me, because I always thought the water parks were fairly profitable....

It's been running for 20+ years without incident, if there were safety concerns I think we'd know about it by now.

wedway71

upload_2014-10-25_10-32-24.jpeg

This is horrible news!!!
After experiencing this attraction as a kid, I became a snorkel fanatic! Since then I have visited reefs all over the world to satisfy my hunger. It was the Shark Reef that gave me my wonder about the oceans and exploring. I can't help but think of how many kids may never have the same chance for a life changing experience like I did. I really hope this isn't true...

Lucky

If they add more slides than I am cool with it. Crush n Gusher is one of my favorite rides at Disney. Seems like water park rides are getting more advance, so hopefully we will see something new. Although,you think someone would have mentioned something by now if a new attraction was in the works.
More body slides or tube rides aren't a substitute for Shark Reef. I don't think people go to Shark Reef just because the lines are too long at Crush 'n Gusher.

BrerJon

This is horrible news!!!
After experiencing this attraction as a kid, I became a snorkel fanatic! Since then I have visited reefs all over the world to satisfy my hunger. It was the Shark Reef that gave me my wonder about the oceans and exploring. I can't help but think of how many kids may never have the same chance for a life changing experience like I did. I really hope this isn't true...

How many people do you meet, in day to day life, who can legitimately say they've swam with sharks? That's a pretty amazing thing for anyone to say (you don't have to tell people how big they are!) and for kids it's an absolutely mind-blowing thing to be able to claim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom