Is Tinker Bell sometimes a guy?

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Talking with some friends who are convinced the Tink they saw fly from the castle recently was a guy? I never really gave it much thought, but I suppose it would not really matter if they met the physical requirements and could fit in the lighted costume. What do you think?

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I have read that Tink is a man :jawdrop:
In our conversation it was discussed that the Tink in the parade is definitely a lovely young woman, but then it was pointed out there is nothing to say it is the same Tink that flys. In fact, the Tink in the parade seems to be physically bigger/taller than flying Tink.

mergatroid

I honestly don't know but I'm sure a few years back somebody on here posted photographs from the area where tink launches to fly off from the castle each night. There were some pretty amazing pictures including some rude graffiti written on the inside of the castle up there! Don't know if others remember or can link it?

shipley731

It could be a man, but it would have to be a small man. During the KTK tour I took years ago, the guide said that Tink had to be between 100 & 110 lbs. lighter than 100 lbs., Tink wouldn't make to to the landing platform & the "hook" would need to used to pull her in. Any heavier, & Tink could get hurt upon hitting the landing. She essentially gets caught by a big mattress on the landing pad. I understand from the tour that Tink is generally a female.

Lee

Adventurer
It is often a guy...
TinkinWishes_X3.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Tink flew right over me during Wishes - definitely a guy. And a friend told me one of his male friends who worked at WDW was one of the CMs portraying Tink.....

MarkTwain

It's not always a guy but often is. It's a job that requires a lot of physical strength in case something goes wrong, and men are often selected for the part.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom