Is this Poly quote over-charged??

Disneymad

Hi

Some friends are hoping to travel to WDW next march and they have received this quote -

March 17th - March 22nd 2004

Total = $3,750

They have 3 children (5,15,13) and this price includes park admission for the duration of their stay.

Thanks for your help.

Disneymad

Original Poster
Their Number one choices are Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge.....But it wouldn't be cheaper at all, because they would requrie two rooms. Standard Rooms at these two resorts sleep a maximum of 4 so they would therefore need to have another room which would really boost the cost.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Originally posted by Disneymad
Their Number one choices are Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom LodgeStandard Rooms at these two resorts sleep a maximum of 4 so they would therefore need to have another room which would really boost the cost.

Thanks.

Was not aware of that. Makes sense with the smaller rooms and all.

Upvote 0

s25843

Their Number one choices are Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge.....But it wouldn't be cheaper at all, because they would requrie two rooms. Standard Rooms at these two resorts sleep a maximum of 4 so they would therefore need to have another room which would really boost the cost.

Thanks.

There are some rooms at Port Orleans Riverside that sleep 5, this would be much cheaper

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Ok.... here's a question to all you veteran resort guests....

Can you book a room for 4 and have 5 people stay in it? especially if one of them is a young child.

Depending on what features you'ld use witht he Ultimate Park Hopper pass (like disney quest, water parks, etc.) Would it be worth booking the dream maker package for 4 and buy a 6 day park hopper plus for the 5th person?

I'm just asking this in case I'm ever in this situation some day.

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by Moustronaut

Can you book a room for 4 and have 5 people stay in it? especially if one of them is a young child.

Depending on what features you'ld use witht he Ultimate Park Hopper pass (like disney quest, water parks, etc.) Would it be worth booking the dream maker package for 4 and buy a 6 day park hopper plus for the 5th person?

It depends really, Disney does not set the room limits, the fire Dept does (Fire Codes etc...)

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Moustronaut

Depending on the age of the child...it would work. Legally, if the person is over three then they count as a person. This means if they are the fifth person in a four person room (moderate, WL, AKL) then it is not allowed.

Now the question is, do people follow that. If the child is say 4 or 5 years old most people will not spend extra money for a room for five or another room. When you call to make your reservation, you don't have to mention the extra person. They won't get a room key and their name won't be on the reservation, but if they are young tht won't really matter. If you are doing a package with the Ultimate Park Hopper then it may become a problem. But like you said here you can always get a regular park hopper ticket for the extra person.

so to answer your question...legally no you can't have more people. But no one will stop you if you have that extra person.

Upvote 0

ethac

I am a travel agent in Idaho. We are just starting to get prices for next spring for WDW. I would watch the prices for a month and see what comes up. Many of our package suppliers do not have rates yet. This means you will get rack rate quotes until the special prices come out sometime in August or September.

If travel doesn't improve, you could see some great deals.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Thanks for your help.

Apparently, if they arrive one day later then the rates will drop by around $65 dollars a night, so I think this is there next option to try!

This can be delt with. I have never done it, but I've read here that others have. You have two bookings. One for the single day, and the rest on the cheaper rate.

I know I've read at this site others doing that, so this could also be a helpful way to save some $.

Upvote 0

Clemster

Unfortunately they are tied to those dates, as here in England you really aren't allowed to take children (especially older children) away from school during term-time.

That sucks!

I remember when I was at school I'd often miss several weeks a year to go on holiday with my parents during term time, I never fell behind in any of my classes, besides it's not like your friends kids would miss much with the state of the education system over here!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom