Is the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train a new "Mountain"?

Tonka's Skipper

I don't think it goes both ways at all in this case. I haven't seen one post here that said it looked like a bad ride or it was horrible. All I have seen is people (myself included) calling it what it is, simply a fun coaster, not an E ticket, not a mountain, and that Disney is over hyping it.

95% of people here on wdwmagic already know this. My post was in regards to the poop you see on DPB or FB, Disney fanboi sites, Lou, twitter, etc.

Morning 9000.

I agree with all you said, except if you look back on this and other sites a lot of people do believe its a E ticket.

However, as you very correctly commented before, at this point it's really doesn't make any difference, it time to just enjoy the attraction.

AKK

Last edited:

DisneyOutsider

Wait what? I hope I am misunderstanding you here... But people agree that BTMRR is a mountain? Well duh... since the word MOUNTAIN is in the title of the attraction...Big Thunder MOUNTAIN Railroad....

Whoa, big guy. You're real cool and snarky behind that keyboard, aren't ya? Take a few breaths before you come guns blazing without any provocation. I'm just suggesting that maybe WE are the ones making a "mountain out of a molehill" here and just debating over silly semantics that don't really mean anything.

Captain Chaos

Whoa, big guy. You're real cool and snarky behind that keyboard, aren't ya? Take a few breaths before you come guns blazing without any provocation. I'm just suggesting that maybe WE are the ones making a "mountain out of a molehill" here and just debating over silly semantics that don't really mean anything.
Not my problem your comment was stupid and made you look silly... What you said is akin to someone saying WELL PEOPLE SEEM TO AGREE AEROSMITH IS IN ROCK IN ROLLER COASTER FEATURING AEROSMITH... Well, again, NO DUH...

And no, Disney is the one making this a mountain out of a molehill... THEY are the one hyping this to more than it is, with of course the help of several paid advocates, lifestylers, and dusters on fan sites... all making this a "mountain out of a molehill".... Most of us, thankfully can see reality and see this for what it actually is: a nice little family D ticket coaster set in a mine in a hill located in a made up fantasyland forest which compliments a theme park land full of style and no substance... Most of us aren't making this to be bigger than it is, most of us aren't making mountains out of molehills...

DisneyOutsider

Not my problem your comment was stupid and made you look silly... What you said is akin to someone saying WELL PEOPLE SEEM TO AGREE AEROSMITH IS IN ROCK IN ROLLER COASTER FEATURING AEROSMITH... Well, again, NO DUH...

Well if you'd take the stick out of your rear for two seconds instead of puffing yourself up and attacking other users' intelligence without being provoked, then maybe you wouldn't have completely missed the point I was trying to make.

I'm saying that it seems to me that people in this thread have equated the designation of the title "Mountain" with the quality of the ride experience. I stated my opinion that I don't think it matters if it's called the "newest mountain" or not because I think we all expect it to at least be as impressive as BTMRR (which btw, isn't a terribly physically imposing structure to begin with).

I don't care if you dislike my opinion, but the way you came at me with your sarcasm attack was unwarranted and detracts from any sort of meaningful discussion.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I'm saying that it seems to me that people in this thread have equated the designation of the title "Mountain" with the quality of the ride experience. .

Im just getting sick and tired of the current Disney administration in general and now they want to put their cute LITTLE coaster in league with REAL mountain attractions that were actually built to be grand in scale and deserving of such a title. Just another lame attempt to make themselves appear better than they are or that they are anywhere near the level of theme park management as those before them. And for the one billionth time, my opinion is in regards to the people running the parks, not an attack on 7dmt.

Reddog

I don't know why people are getting upset about this. It's just a marketing gimmick. The same way Mulan and Pocohantas aren't really princesses. They start marketing 7DMT as a "mountain" and then next they're selling t-shirts saying "I conquered the Mountains" with pictures of all the rides or the mountains are the next Pin Trading set.

omurice

Im just getting sick and tired of the current Disney administration in general and now they want to put their cute LITTLE coaster in league with REAL mountain attractions that were actually built to be grand in scale and deserving of such a title. Just another lame attempt to make themselves appear better than they are or that they are anywhere near the level of theme park management as those before them. And for the one billionth time, my opinion is in regards to the people running the parks, not an attack on 7dmt.

Say... who said LITTLE around here?!?

grumpypoint.gif

EvilQueen-T

I was talking with a cm last week and she's ridden it. She said it's closer to thunder because of the sensation you get with the sway of the cart but not quite. Said it's more like thunder than being as mild as barnstormer. Basically she said it's in between but more like thunder than barnstormer. For what that's worth. I haven't watched the ride through videos since we will be there the first week of june.

Wikkler

Well if you'd take the stick out of your rear for two seconds instead of puffing yourself up and attacking other users' intelligence without being provoked, then maybe you wouldn't have completely missed the point I was trying to make.

I'm saying that it seems to me that people in this thread have equated the designation of the title "Mountain" with the quality of the ride experience. I stated my opinion that I don't think it matters if it's called the "newest mountain" or not because I think we all expect it to at least be as impressive as BTMRR (which btw, isn't a terribly physically imposing structure to begin with).

I don't care if you dislike my opinion, but the way you came at me with your sarcasm attack was unwarranted and detracts from any sort of meaningful discussion.
popcorn.gif

DisneyOutsider

Perhaps instead of an emoticon eating popcorn you should have posted one of a little child poking a bee hive with a stick, instigating as you are by quoting a weeks-old comment with no comment of your own.

And by the way, now that I've ridden it, I stand by what I've said. 7DMT FAR out-paces BTMRR in themeing and overall ride experience from my point of view. Especially considering the nostalgia effect that BTMRR can't have. Not as fast, but as we all now, fast is probably one of the least important factors in a Disney-themed attraction.

Scuttle

I was talking with a cm last week and she's ridden it. She said it's closer to thunder because of the sensation you get with the sway of the cart but not quite. Said it's more like thunder than being as mild as barnstormer. Basically she said it's in between but more like thunder than barnstormer. For what that's worth. I haven't watched the ride through videos since we will be there the first week of june.
I've ridden it 3 times and I'd argue it's just as intense as Big Thunder. It's just so short you never have the chance to fully soak in the thrill of it. The speed on the second phase drop/turn is as fast as any part of Thunder.

SJN1279

I've ridden it 3 times and I'd argue it's just as intense as Big Thunder. It's just so short you never have the chance to fully soak in the thrill of it. The speed on the second phase drop/turn is as fast as any part of Thunder.

It has better drops than Thunder Mountain and the turns are more intense. I feel it is a much better ride than BTM. I also feel the Mine Train is the perfect length for a coaster attraction, while BTM meanders a bit after the third lift hill.

EvilQueen-T

we rode it 7 times this past week always in the back (row 10). we thought it was a very zippy ride. we liked it better at night but that's just us. couldn't see the end scene with snow white dancing with the dwarfs during the day. it was a very very smooth ride which i liked. btm is my favorite mountain but i agree that the zippy dips and turns on this ride were a lot of fun. hopefully they'll get the bugs worked out, apparently it doesn't always like running after it's rained (per the cm working on the 11th not from me). we finally got to use our 3pm fp around 10pm it kept going down so often that first day were were at mk. it didn't seem to go down as often after that day tho.

EvilQueen-T

i really want to take a day trip to ride this.

how often does it go down?

id prefer to ride at night but thinking 1st time i may go at rope drop

any suggestions?

I didn't really keep count of the drops other than to say it seems like more than thunder. It takes off with a quick start not a slow build up and does that again after going slowly through the interior mine section (where you see the dwarfs and the hidden mickey you may have seen posted by others). With the quick starts and curves included with the drops it gives it a quick zippy feeling to me (way more than barnstormer) but not the big plunge of say EE.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It has better drops than Thunder Mountain and the turns are more intense. I feel it is a much better ride than BTM. I also feel the Mine Train is the perfect length for a coaster attraction, while BTM meanders a bit after the third lift hill.
Well I can't wait to ride it as BTM is my fav, but always wished BTM was TWICE as long....or like one time when they let us go twice in a row at night....now that to me was the perfect length for a coaster attraction.....not a less is more....I do like the queue seen on the walk/ride through on opening day...now if somehow you could connect the two....:D (BTM and SDMR).....woo hoo!!!;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom