Is the pull out sofa bed at DVC Villas comfortable?

BigHero4

Original Poster
I'm thinking about renting points at a DVC Villa next year - a studio at either AKL or WL. How comfortable is the pull out sofa bed? Or even that cool little table/bed at WL?

s&k'smom

Just last November we were at the Contemporary and my 5'11 son used the sofa bed and he thought it was very comfortable.

boilerpicc

I have slept on the sofa beds many times with my husband, and we both thought they were OK. It wasn't as comfortable as the normal bed, but it was way more comfortable than the sofa bed we had at home.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
We were at Saratoga Springs last November. The pullout might be ok for children, but for an adult it was pretty uncomfortable and difficlut to get in and out based on the layout of the furniture.

I've never met a sofa bed that was comfortable.

My thoughts exactly.

I concur with the comments above. For a child, they are fine. For an adult, they could be classified as a torture device.
Really? I've slept on both the Murphy bed and the pull-out at Art of Animation and both of them were fantastic. I'm a big guy (6', 240), too. I can't imagine the DVC resorts are worse than what they have at AoA, unless it's been awhile since the last hard goods rehab.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Really? I've slept on both the Murphy bed and the pull-out at Art of Animation and both of them were fantastic. I'm a big guy (6', 240), too. I can't imagine the DVC resorts are worse than what they have at AoA, unless it's been awhile since the last hard goods rehab.
Well you are genetically superior cap so you are probably even comfortable sleeping Klingon style.

EOD K9

My daughters won't sleep in pack n plays anymore, but sleep in their own cribs fine. That being said, the wife and I have to each take a baby and sleep in separate beds on vacation. I took the pullout at SSR last week and it wasn't terrible. They don't unfold like standard pullouts and the room came with a cloth quilt topper. It is no memory foam topper, but it will work for a night or two. I don't know if I could do a week on one though,

Minthorne

My experiences

OKW grand villa in 2013 - couch was terrible
SSR studio in 2014 - couch was terrible
Kidani studio in 2015 - couch was fine
BCV studio in 2015 - couch was fine

graphite1326

Thank you for these comments. I have tried to sleep on one of these before but not at WDW. I was wondering if theirs were any better. Our next trip there will be 5 of us and I was looking into a suite. Guess we will look at just having two rooms instead.

NormC

My oldest daughter sleeps on the couch and has not complained about it at BLT, Kidani or WL. My youngest gets the chair sleeper and she enjoys it. They are usually so tired though that they would probably sleep in the tub.

Raineman

I've experienced the pull out bed at AoA as well, and for a pull out bed it was OK. Having said that, the rest of the time, I just slept on the couch. Didn't try the Murphy bed.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I've slept in the sofa beds at both Bay Lake and Wilderness Lodge. For sofa beds (and I'm remembering that old blue naugahyde sofa bed in our den), both are comfortable. Didn't sleep in the sofa bed at Saratoga Springs, but my daughter and her BF said it was okay. As @DisDadWoz mentioned, I brought a foam mattress topper I picked up at Bed, Bath & Beyond - they said it made it a little better.

The most comfortable sofa type bed I've slept in at Disney was the murphy bed in the Ft. Wilderness cabins. It has a very thick foam mattress on a wood platform so you didn't have those squeaky springs like you do in a sofa bed. Sadly, they are removing the murphy beds in the cabins as part of the refurbishment and replacing them with sofa beds.

The pull down bed in the table at WLV is really meant for a child - or a very short petite adult. It's more like a murphy bed (thick foam mattress on wooden platform) than a sofa bed (mattress on sofa springs, basically). They have the same type of bed in the rooms in the Alligator Bayou section at Port Orleans Riverside. Just be warned that you will loose the table in order to use the pull down bed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom