Is the Peoplemover the only futuristic thing in Tomorrowland?

Is the Peoplemover the only futuristic thing in Tomorrowland?

• Total voters

EnergyKing

Ideally, the space currently occupied by the Speedway would have been "Fantasyland Expansion: Arendelle" with a Frozen Bobsleds ride, since we're never going to see a Matterhorn on the east coast.

And this is why I'll never understand some of the boneheaded decisions Disney makes. What you describe would've been perfect and would've made sense. Instead, they are putting a Frozen ride in a park where it doesn't belong, killing one of the only remaining classics at Epcot to make that happen, and using the New Fantasyland expansion for sadly underwhelming attractions that don't hold a candle to past rides based on the same source material (Snow White, Little Mermaid). What's next? A 2nd teacup ride where the Carousel of Progress is?

Last edited:

imagineer boy

And this is why I'll never understand some of the boneheaded decisions Disney makes. What you describe would've been perfect and would've made sense. Instead, they are putting a Frozen ride in a park where it doesn't belong, killing one of the only remaining classics at Epcot to make that happen, and using the New Fantasyland expansion for sadly underwhelming attractions that don't hold a candle to past rides based on the same source material (Snow White, Little Mermaid). What's next? A 2nd teacup ride where the Carousel of Progress is?

I think it actually would've made even more sense to put Frozen in the former spot of Snow White. I know it's the princess meet n greet thing there now, but that would be easy to dismantle.

Kevin Kuhl

This thread actually got me thinking:

Imagine if they were to modify the PeopleMover and add another station for some kind of transport system around Tomorrowland? Obviously theres not enough space and since the boarding is in the center of Tomorrowland it would be kind of pointless, but I think that would be pretty cool.

Goofyernmost

I was in the park in 1972 and the place was fairly futuristic. Problem is most of the stuff there in 72 is still there. Some will argue that but noooo. Back then space was a big deal BTW since landing on the moon wasn't in the past then. Same with the speed way, the US interstate system was new for the most part and that was also a big deal to be able to travel long distances in your car easily. That's when the "car culture" was in full swing. The kids still like cars, the noise, the smell etc whether you do or not.

The people mover it's self is dated to me just because I've seen bigger version of that being used for real. Most people have never seen that I guess so it would be new to them.

Tomorrow Land isn't so tomorrow more a museum to me.
I'm afraid that landing on the moon happened in 1969. Old news by then. That is why they changed it to Mars. That would still be futuristic when it comes to general people transportation there. Mission: Space also has the Mars journey. But, with all this talk about the quality of things at WDW, the fact that this was one of the cheesiest attractions there, plus it was all (excuse my language) screens we tend to lose sight of that. It's to bad that the quality and imagination of the New WDW is lacking compared to then.

I have not, however, had the chance to witnessed in person a little blue alien or a group of monsters doing stand-up, or had the opportunity to shoot at aliens to help save the world. Nor have I been on a space ship zooming around in the darkness of space.

Foltzy

Honestly.
Just the feel of tomorrow land makes it futuristic, robots everywhere, stuff like that's our future.
And yes. peoplemover is the most futuristic thing. But space mountain can be leading to something we may see soon.
If we really are looking for ways to colonize on the moon and we are looking for alternate life forms. Then traveling through space could become a norm

ArtificialArtist

Who knows if alien types like Stitch or "monsters" aren't part of the future. From the words in the song... Hey, it could happen! Space Mountain could be considered future travel, I'd think. Even the Tomorrowland Raceway is the future for the kids that love to ride them. It's there first taste of driving and driving will probably be their future.

If the future will be about millions of little naughty Stitchs running around talking like Jar Jar Binks i don`t want to have a part in that future. ;D

And yeah, of course driving is their future, because walking, and walkways, are unknown to most Americans :,D
(i was 400ft. away from Downtown Disney and had to walk 2 miles almost because in Florida walkways are just Science-Fiction.)
Those kids would never find anything to eat without a car. :)))))))))))

Prog

This thread actually got me thinking:

Imagine if they were to modify the PeopleMover and add another station for some kind of transport system around Tomorrowland? Obviously theres not enough space and since the boarding is in the center of Tomorrowland it would be would of pointless, but I think that would be pretty cool.
They should build a full-size PM from the TTC to the MK to relieve the monorails and ferry, which would allow them to improve the monorails and operate them under capacity for the duration.

Cmdr_Crimson

Imagine if they were to modify the PeopleMover

They Did that at Disneyland Once....
img0008.jpg

tumblr_lpm6m6tKeC1qm6oc3o5_r1_500.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom