Is the Main Street Trolley Show stuck in an "eternal winter"?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
I love seeing the Main Street Trolley Show at the Magic Kingdom. It's one of my favorite things to do at the park, and it really gets you excited for a day of fun. But today, something was revealed regarding the show that made my blood boil. See, today was supposed to be the day that the Spring incarnation of the show began performances. But from what I've seen on Instagram...this year's Spring Trolley is just Winter Trolley with a new coat of paint! And to make matters worse, they plan to keep it like that until freakin' Autumn comes along! So, Spring and Summer Trolley are just getting swept away! Why?! Why is this happening? What is going on here?

JoeCamel

I love seeing the Main Street Trolley Show at the Magic Kingdom. It's one of my favorite things to do at the park, and it really gets you excited for a day of fun. But today, something was revealed regarding the show that made my blood boil. See, today was supposed to be the day that the Spring incarnation of the show began performances. But from what I've seen on Instagram...this year's Spring Trolley is just Winter Trolley with a new coat of paint! And to make matters worse, they plan to keep it like that until freakin' Autumn comes along! So, Spring and Summer Trolley are just getting swept away! Why?! Why is this happening? What is going on here?
Are you ready to accept the "new" MK yet?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Welcome to 'Today's WDW' where entertainment is secondary to gross margin. Main St Trolley show has in all likelihood been consigned to 'Yesterland'.

jrhwdw

Typically the music and costumes change and they throw flowers or leaves on the trolley.
Looked at Instragram, The flowers are on the trolley but the winter show is still there????

Is it possible they just went to the outfits early? I thought the spring Show started when DST began.

IF this is the final result WHY?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? The Spring shlow is just as good and the summer show is perfection! This DOES NOT give me a good feeling as we move towards HEA! ESP with not even talk of the night parade replacement or more FOF for that matter! What next!: OUAT isn't down for referb this week and is just down for cost cutting?!?!?!?

Wrong park but it made me concerned last night: watched SW: AGS(Thanks to Streaming Disney!), really low on high pyro! Worst I've seen from SW: AGS! I'm hoping it was an off night!

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Looked at Instragram, The flowers are on the trolley but the winter show is still there????

Is it possible they just went to the outfits early? I thought the spring Show started when DST began.

No, it's been said that they're gonna keep doing the winter iteration of the show through till September, when they're gonna finally switch over to the autumn show.

Siren

Hopefully, Disney is just behind schedule. Don't give up hope yet. LOL.

Anyway, I'm totally embarrassed to say that I have never seen this show before. Probably racing to a ride or something. LOL.

I need to plan a "no ride" day or something like that at each park so I don't miss out on neat stuff like this. Seems kind of impossible though, since I cannot withstand Disney for longer than a week. LOL.

Last edited:

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Dans, Trolley, Skip, Mayor, Smokey etc. just the new streamlined MK. Get used to it, it is the new way.

What are you talking about? The Dans, the Mayor and the other Citizens are still there, and despite the loss of two seasons, the Trolley is still there, and there's no official news of them going away forever. Besides, it would be very stupid to just up and get rid of a Magic Kingdom cornerstone like the Dans...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That the season is locked until Fall is bad news because the Fall Trolley show was awful.

As awful as the Fall version of Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire Castle Stage Show.

'Cause, let's face it... there aren't any good Fall songs that aren't Halloween or Thanksgiving based (unless you want to go with a hymn of blessing of the harvest). And so, they sing a bland "hey, it's Fall" song that kills any joy and is as out of place as "It's May" in Camelot or "He Plays the Violin" in 1776. Boo!

I'd rather hear a recitation of Keats' "To Autumn" and contemplate my mortality than hear either the trolley or faire singers blather on with a completely forgettable song about the Fall.

Tip Top Club

I actually adore the Fall MRFF tag! Christmas I found bland. It's the opposite with Trolley shows, I don't like the seasonal variety there, I wish I was all just about Main Street. (Christmas Version is okay I guess)

VJ

IF this is the final result WHY?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? The Spring shlow is just as good and the summer show is perfection! This DOES NOT give me a good feeling as we move towards HEA! ESP with not even talk of the night parade replacement or more FOF for that matter! What next!: OUAT isn't down for referb this week and is just down for cost cutting?!?!?!?

Wrong park but it made me concerned last night: watched SW: AGS(Thanks to Streaming Disney!), really low on high pyro! Worst I've seen from SW: AGS! I'm hoping it was an off night!
Gooood. Gooooood. Let the hate flow through you!

COProgressFan

I actually adore the Fall MRFF tag! Christmas I found bland. It's the opposite with Trolley shows, I don't like the seasonal variety there, I wish I was all just about Main Street. (Christmas Version is okay I guess)

Well, the trolley show did run without the seasonal versions for a number of years. It was only in the last few years they updated the show depending on the season. I also prefer the original show, but absolutely appreciate that they were putting in the effort to refresh the show each season. If the costumes are updated and they trolley is appropriately decked out for the season, I'm not entirely sure the soundtrack change makes a huge difference.

mm52200

Yes, the costumes and decorations of the trolley show will change for spring and summer...but the show itself won't. Standard or "winter" trolley for nine months and then fall and Christmas trolley shows. Also the show has cut down from six couples to five.

jrhwdw

Yes, the costumes and decorations of the trolley show will change for spring and summer...but the show itself won't. Standard or "winter" trolley for nine months and then fall and Christmas trolley shows. Also the show has cut down from six couples to five.
Roll eyes! Must you do this MK! I'll admit, Sunday Clothes is perfect for MS and Easter Time but still!

JohnD

Okay, so they changed outfits and are still doing the Winter show. What's your point? If the Spring show begins when DST begins (March 12), then it would seem they are still on schedule.

Matt_Black

That the season is locked until Fall is bad news because the Fall Trolley show was awful.

... I like the Fall show. "That's the magic that can happen when it's Autumn!" Though you're probably right about the songs, though. Aside from Harvest Moon, all the fall songs I can think of that aren't about Halloween or Thanksgiving are all relatively modern.

Hmm... Maybe they can do a barbershop quartet version of November Rain?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom