Is the Magic Kingdom anyone's least favorite park?

Mander

In the Parks
No
I love all four parks but I've definitely ranked MK at the bottom before. The last time I was there was 2013 before New Fantasyland was open and it was absolutely my least favorite. It wasn't so much the things to do as the crowds. We enjoyed the other three parks but MK was draining. Epcot and Animal Kingdom have been my two favorite parks since my first non-childhood visit in 2003. MK and HS swap places though right now I'd probably give the edge to MK. I am looking forward to visiting again in January (it will be our first park, in fact) and seeing the expansion for the first time!

Retroman40

I love the Magic Kingdom since it brings back so many great memories. However, depending on crowd level I start to grow a little tired of the place after 3 or 4 hours and start looking for the exit. Right now I'd rather spend time at Epcot or the AK. I love what's open at DHS but there just isn't enough to do right now.

disneygeek90

This is exactly what I was thinking. I love the park (probably mostly for the nostalgia), but the experience is almost always ruined by the process of getting into and out of the park.
Precisely. Not to mention the horrendous monorail/ferry experience if you are leaving at park close.

ODU2K1

I'll preface things by saying I haven't been since 2008 but yes MK is my least favorite park. The entire park is super crowded and the only good table service spot, Liberty Tree Tavern, was greatly diminished when they removed the characters. There are aspects I love (CoP, Space, Mansion, Pirates, Jungle) but there are also some awful stuff/renovations (Toad > Pooh, Timekeeper > Monsters, I don't hate Stitch but Alien Encounter was better).

With all that said my favorite park has been MGM since I first visited it in January of 1991. It knocked off a still very dope EPCOT Center but there is no way a park with Star Tours and Indy was not going to take the top spot with a 14-year-old boy. Add in The Great Movie Ride and I was in love. Even with the awesome stuff that has left MGM (Monster Sound Show, Superstar Television, and the Backlot Tour) they have added to keep pace Tower, Rock 'N Rollercoaster, and Midway Mania. I'm gutted that The Great Movie Ride is closing. That is going to really bug me for a while. When I see MGM next without The Great Movie Ride it will be weird but Star Wars Land and, to a lesser extent, Toy Story Land will be open to soften the blow. I still think I will rank MGM tops. Epcot and Animal Kingdom will be in second and third.

Sketch105

After reading all of the DHS loathing I thought I was the only one who still enjoyed it.lol

Hollywood Studios is my second favorite park now..will most likely be our favorite when SWL opens.

Oh it's going straight to the top as soon as they open all the new stuff...but it might become my least favorite park due to crowds by then! Oh the trade off....:D

Tom Morrow

If you're lucky enough to catch MK on a light crowd evening, it's absolutely magical and euphoric. Some of the best evenings of my life were under these circumstances. If it were always like this it would easily be my favorite park. Unfortunately, it's a crapshoot and more often than not it's jam-packed and just too much of a headache.

haunt#73

Here's how you make MK your favorite park again:
Go to MK early in the morning for rope drop. Ride your favorite rides before crowds get there.
Set your fast passes starting 10:00 for whatever you didn't ride early.
Sign up for Express Transportation Option - it's $30 for whole week. It takes you from park to park with no security checks.
Park hop to your favorite park- eat and add another fast pass.
Come back to MK later at night through Express Transportation Option - time it with extra magic hours.
Beat the crowds, skip bad food and security lines.

Last edited:

Amidala

I feel the most personal attachment to MK. I enjoy spending time at the other parks (especially Epcot) but would rather view the parades and fireworks and walk around MK than eat at the finest restaurants and ride the best attractions across WDW. MK embodies the magic of Disney for me in a way the other parks can't compare to, as much as I love them. Still, I agree that MK is in desperate need of some TLC. New Fantasyland and Storybook Circus didn't leave much of an impression on me (and this is coming from someone who loves the princess franchise) and Tomorrowland has seen better days. I'm also crestfallen about Wishes retiring, and disappointed that MK likely won't be getting a new nighttime parade until 2021.

So all that being said, I totally understand the frustration w/ MK in its current state.

bh_trade

My ranking of the parks: EPCOT, MK, AK, DHS

That said, if you love crowds and getting cut off/run over by strollers MK will 100% be your favorite park

Edward M

Animal Kingdom is currently my favorite park thanks to added entertainment, great theming, and Avatar Land, which is the best land Disney's made in America. However, my nostalgia for Magic Kingdom is immense, and I love spending a day there so much. It's just not looking so good these days. My last visit looked like it was in chaos and mostly broken. Really hope they fix it up soon.

becca_

AK & MK are definitely tied for me for #1, then Epcot, and not surprisingly, last is HS.

MK has that nostalgic, magic, warm/cozy/familiar feeling to it that I really look forward to when I go to WDW, but AK has an overwhelming sense of wonder & adventure. With Pandora, AK climbed its way to the top of my list.

surfsupdon

Kind of. The wal mart-ification of stores, the crazy amount of strollers, the incessant crowds, and the removal of all quiet spaces have put MK on the bottom of my list. Yes. Hate to admit it, but it is my least favorite. But I still go. Pretty often too.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Really? For me, best food is hands down Epcot. Sunshine Seasons alone is magnificent, and then when you factor in all the spots in World Showcase....

That's following the original topic... Least favorite Park. MK is dreadful unless you want something composed of at least 50% sugar.

Amidala

It's interesting to see so many people citing crowds as a reason to avoid MK. It definitely makes sense, but I guess crowds never especially bothered me, w/ the exception of Christmas Eve/Day, New Years Eve/Day, 4th of July, etc. MK definitely isn't my go-to for a sit-down dinner, though. In terms of food, Epcot really does have something for everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom