Is the Magic Kingdom anyone's least favorite park?

IanDLBZF

For me, Hollywood Studios is worth only going to if you are planning a half-day or plan to park hop. I actually enjoy park hopping and let me tell ya it is quite fun. Though from time to time, I occasionally only go to one park for a half-day (usually for the morning/early afternoon period).

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
How I rank the parks from best to worst:

1. MK, it's still the best park for rides and kids unless you're hungry. If you're hungry it falls down to #3.
2. AK, a solid #2 now that Pandora is a thing. If you're hungry this park is #1.
3. EP, 3 and 2. It's an antique, it's dated, and unless you're a hard core WDW fan it's a big joke. Still better than HS though. It's the second best place to eat, unless you have large wallet and reservations 180 days before you get there.
4. HS, just don't. Please. You may have a better time at the outlets up the street, and that's saying something because they're terrible too.

Karakasa

Going back to a time prior to the construction beginning at HS or once TSL and SWL are complete... Yeah, I'd probably say so. Especially after experiencing Disneyland proper- it simply can't compare. It's still great fun of course, but I'd say I'd be most willing to miss it if I could only go to three of the four parks- again, this if I had a time machine.

Currently HS is just not fulfilling from an average touring perspective. It can be stretched to a single day if you don't actually get to the park by 11 or so and go on Star Tours more than once, but that's just piling on to extra conditions. So MK is safe from that title- for now.

Sketch105

Hollywood Studios and AK are my favorite parks- variety of food items, beer, thrill rides and atmosphere all kind of combine them to be there. of

I do like a day at Magic Kingdom, but the extra effort it takes to get there combined with long lines for Space/Big Thunder and Splash kinda make it less of a priority.

John park hopper

MK for us is still the best and I have to disagree there are some good places to eat if you look. my only complaint is it can be so crowded and the Crystal Palace we could not even get into without reservations. AK is second on the list followed by EPCOT we still enjoy the world show case and enjoy the varied restaurants (Coral Reef, Grand Dragon, Britians fish and chips) HS for us was a big let down from what I remember it being in the early 90s as MGM (really missed the back lot) hopefully the new Star Wars will change that when it opens

Cmdr_Crimson

I always think that Epcot is the Priorty as it was the original intention for the Entire WDW Resort itself. Granted it was a dramatic change from it's original intent and changed to the constant World's Fair..MK Was made to keep the Bankers happy with the Disney Organization by adding the DL Style park....So I think Epcot is a better entity for people who want to take a look at Different perspective Disney wanted to take being it's 3rd park ever created in the organization..

Incomudro

When it was only MK, MGM and Epcot in their glory years - Epcot was clearly my favorite.
I considered Epcot the park for big kids.
Right now, I'm not sure where MK sits for me...
It's the classic park.
It's the park I made sure I took the kids to first on their first WDW vacation.
I wanted their introduction to WDW to be a walk down Main Street with the castle in the background.
It's still a sentimental favorite and the family loves it.
For me, AK is my favorite park now - and I haven't even seen Pandora yet.
MK is probably second.
With Epcot and HS following largely because those two parks are in need of and undergoing renovations.

Jabbas

It's my husbands least favorite park, but he's also a 40 year old man. So there's that. Personally, MK is Disney for me. I love the other parks (except for HS) but Magic Kingdom is magical. I'm currently expecting a little boy so I'm sure my MK days will be over in 6 years. That's how it was for my step son at least. I'm going to enjoy while I can.

danheaton

Not as long as the Hollywood Studios still exists. The Magic Kingdom has actually passed Epcot and become my favorite at Disney World. It would take a lot for it to drop to 4th.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
The day following my visit to DAK for my Pandora preview, I visited MK. I kept thinking the park is crowded, full of pushy rude guests and just didn't have the magic for me any more. I'd fallen in love with Animal Kingdom all over again. So for me, DAK is #1, with MK #2, Epcot a close #3 And DHS, well.... But that will change when SWL opens in 2019.

But MY castle park is and always will be DLR. Because it was my first. And that's where my princess's castle is.

Incomudro

It's my husbands least favorite park, but he's also a 40 year old man. So there's that. Personally, MK is Disney for me. I love the other parks (except for HS) but Magic Kingdom is magical. I'm currently expecting a little boy so I'm sure my MK days will be over in 6 years. That's how it was for my step son at least. I'm going to enjoy while I can.

Congratulations!
But your MK days over in six years???
My wife and I have twin 15 year old sons, and they are far from finished with MK.

disneygeek90

I’m gonna be honest right now. I currently live 15 minutes from Disney. MK is absolutely, no question, the park I go to the least. I think there’s a couple reason that is happening. For one, commute. I can leave my apartment and be at the front gates of DHS in 20 minutes. If I want to go to MK, it’s going to be at least an hour by the time I park/tram/monorail over. That’s 2 hours of commute back and forth (maybe even worse when leaving at night). Another reason is the crowds. I hear about this “decline” in park visitors. I would actually like to see that in person. Lately, the lines and crowds have just been maddening to me. I go to the parks alone a lot, I use it as a way to de-stress and relax. The crowds are not relaxing to me.

I haven’t been to MK since the premiere of Happily Ever After (May 12?). I have been to all other parks multiple times since then, usually at least one park a week. While I would absolutely recommend it for tourists, for me, it’s simply not worth going as often as the other parks if only for convenience and enjoying a relaxing beer around the world. AK is probably my favorite in it's current state.

Last edited:

21stamps

Hollywood Studios and AK are my favorite parks- variety of food items, beer, thrill rides and atmosphere all kind of combine them to be there. of

I do like a day at Magic Kingdom, but the extra effort it takes to get there combined with long lines for Space/Big Thunder and Splash kinda make it less of a priority.

After reading all of the DHS loathing I thought I was the only one who still enjoyed it.lol

Hollywood Studios is my second favorite park now..will most likely be our favorite when SWL opens.

Stitch_Fan_NJ

After reading all of the DHS loathing I thought I was the only one who still enjoyed it.lol

Hollywood Studios is my second favorite park now..will most likely be our favorite when SWL opens.

I agree DHS (will always be MGM to me) will always be in my top 2 regardless of it's sad state right now.

My favorite parks:
- Epcot
- DHS
- MK
- AK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom