Is the Magic Kingdom anyone's least favorite park?

Lad

Original Poster
Currently planning a trip with someone who has never been to any Disney parks and the one they are most excited about is the Magic Kingdom as I'm sure is the case with many first time visitors. Got me thinking - is this park anyone's least favorite? If so I would be interested in reading your perspective.

correcaminos

Not our least, but not our first. We go there for some magic and they do have a lot of rides in one place, but it isn't our first stop or our last anymore. It's full of pushy people sometimes and that destroys the magic for me. I like seeing the castle and some of the classics but it lacks the good food choices and space to move that I like in all the other parks.

Well except DHS now. that park is awful to be in right now with all the construction

DfromATX

It's my favorite park and I love just about everything there, but it's one of my son's least favorite. What does he know anyway... I will agree that it's my least favorite for dining.

NeedMoreMickey

MK has been the park we spend the least amount of time when traveling with just my husband. Last trip we shopped on Main St to Adventure land to Frontier land and back down Main Street. Don't need to spend a lot of time in the park but do need to see Main Street and the castle every trip and I'm good. I've always loved Epcot the most even now when it seems to be falling behind the other parks.

PineapplePrincess

As helenabear stated, it's full of pushy people and that does ruin some of the magic. I totally understand that the "one day-ers" are trying to get the most out of their one day, but it makes it hard to relax and soak in the atmosphere. That being said, MK is still the park that gives me the most feels.

tractor tipper

DHS from worst to best in two years? We shall see. Our main return trip is Dec. of '19 and will be doing two days at DHS and probably just one at MK.

JIMINYCR

Its been reported that MK is the favored park for guests to do on their first day of their trip. Id assume its that way being their favorite... as it is mine.
With a variety of lands, the parades and fireworks, character M& G's.... Disney has built it up to be the #1 of their 4 and I doubt any other park will come close to toppling it from first place.

Last edited:

Spectro

Used to be my favorite but now my kids are all over 18 and they took away spectro magic parade and on our September trip splash mountain is down it's Defo down my list. It needs some love big time although the castle and fireworks will always be magical - edit it's not our first park anymore ak is as I've always loved the nature and animals in this park followed by adrenaline of hs rides

Marc Davis Fan

I've actually been thinking about this recently: MK has the most well-rounded lineup of attractions, and perhaps the greatest sense of "magic." The conundrum, however, is that (IMHO) the very top most impressive things at WDW are in the other three parks: ToT at DHS, World Showcase at Epcot, extreme detail/immersion and now also Pandora at AK. So while MK might be the best option for a single day at one park, it could in a way also be considered the "least impressive."

Mrhappyplace

I call MK my least favorite park. It's the park I enjoy being in the least, has the lowest amount of food options I want to try, tends to have the longest lines on attractions that frankly I can live without riding but my DW wants to ride. That isn't to say I don't enjoy anything about it or the time I spend there but I could visit WDW not enter MK and still feel like I had a complete experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom