Is the Great Movie Ride next?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
There does seem to be a handful of movies that transcend age apart from Disney classics- GWTW, Casablanca, Wizard of Oz and, maybe, Citizen Kane, Singing in the Rain and King Kong. Glad to see that there is interest in classic Hollywood still! But really...no Chaplin in the ride? It never really dawned on me after riding the attraction dozens of times until I read this thread. Then...BAM. Where is Chaplin? A travesty that he isn't represented beyond a short clip at the end.

Yeah, 1939, that was a great year for movies. I was thrilled to see GWTW in the movie theatre, restored and shown in its original format. Just like I was excited to see the restored Wizard of Oz in the movie theatre after having seen it for years on TV. And that theatre was packed with families, all singing We're Off to See the Wizard when appropriate.

Iger, if you're doing a redo of GMR, how about a little Chaplin, Mr. Weatherman?

Marc Gil

They should replace the Fantasia screen with an Animatronic Mickey. Everything else is three-dimensional, so this part has never made any sense.
Well Fantasia is animated, so it makes some sense.

Just went on GMR last night. Honestly the show scenes should come first, but it's really the guide who makes or breaks the GMR.

My guide last night and "Mugsie" were both fantastic. I haven't seen such enthusiasm in a while.

Also, a few GMR CM's gave me the "Red Carpet" treatment right before I entered Grauman's Chinese.

They asked me who I was wearing, what's my next role in pictures, how is my work a departure from my previous work, and when is the release date for my new picture.

That was a huge unexpected treat! I had a lot of fun trying to answer.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I hope this rumor is true. That would be really special and an amazing move for the company to make.

Really? That would be a great move. And since TCM partners with Disney Cruise Line for their Classic Movies cruise, it would make sense.

The best GMR would be a mixture of the classics and those actors with the best of films from the last couple of decades.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Well Fantasia is animated, so it makes some sense.

Just went on GMR last night. Honestly the show scenes should come first, but it's really the guide who makes or breaks the GMR.

My guide last night and "Mugsie" were both fantastic. I haven't seen such enthusiasm in a while.

Also, a few GMR CM's give me the "Red Carpet" treatment right before I entered Grauman's Chinese.

They asked me who I was wearing, what's my next role in pictures, how is my work a departure from my previous work, and when is the release date for my new picture.

That was a huge unexpected treat! I had a lot of fun trying to answer.

Yup, it's the "human" factor that makes or breaks a ride, Disney.....

MattOrk

Sorry I confused you. Have a nice day.

I'm not from LA nor do I live there, as it seems you are from your post. We in the Midwest only know what the cows and hogs locally tell us about Hollywood.

Sorry, my chemo kept me from posting a while.

If you want to end this discussion it's fine. I was just enjoying watching Louis B Mayer's appearance at the gala for Grand Hotel.

216bruce

Sorry, my chemo kept me from posting a while.

If you want to end this discussion it's fine. I was just enjoying watching Louis B Mayer's appearance at the gala for Grand Hotel.
I honestly forgot what the discussion was about. Hope things are going better or best that they can with the chemo. I've been through that with both of my parents. Take care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom