Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

wdwfan4ver

I think not having Carsland is a good idea since there couldn't do RSR at DHS, but I don't like the fact Backlot Tour and Lights, Motor, Actions! isn't going to be touched.

The Backlot Tour is a former shell of its former self and it doesn't make any sense to keep it. The Backlot Tour made sense when there was working studios. The Space of the Backlot Tour is good enough doing a couple attractions, a shop, and an eating place.

rudyjr13

I think not having Carsland is a good idea since there couldn't do RSR at DHS, but I don't like the fact Backlot Tour and Lights, Motor, Actions! isn't going to be touched.

The Backlot Tour is a former shell of its former self and it doesn't make any sense to keep it. The Backlot Tour made sense when there was working studios. The Space of the Backlot Tour is good enough doing a couple attractions, a shop, and an eating place.

So do the fun radiator springs town with a couple places to eat and shop (and move/keep people back there) and the dark ride portion of the RSR. Repurpose the canyon to be the cars rock work. Convert the equally terrible fake street to Monstropolis and you give me a reason to spend more time and money with my kids there. Plus you keep Osbourne lights.

Cornballman

So do the fun radiator springs town with a couple places to eat and shop (and move/keep people back there) and the dark ride portion of the RSR. Repurpose the canyon to be the cars rock work. Convert the equally terrible fake street to Monstropolis and you give me a reason to spend more time and money with my kids there. Plus you keep Osbourne lights.

Yes this. Or perhaps even main square from monsters university campus?

MickeyPeace

So you're saying slap some characters on some things, add shopping and food without attractions? Very Disney 2012.

rckid

With the Hat, I think it would probably be best used at the entrance to Fantasmic since that show's advertisements involve Sorcerer Mickey taking on a dragon even though the show itself isn't that great imho when compared to Illuminations and Wishes. The hat does kinda ruin the atmosphere when you walk into the park and its "Main Street" has a 50's vibe, then you see a magical hat instead of the famous Chinese Theater recreation? I think the Great Movie Ride would get a lot more visitors as well if that was a focal point. As for the Backlot Tour, I wish Hollywood Studios would(instead of building a replica of Cars Land or a Star Wars Land to simply compete with Harry Potter Land at Universal) revamp the Backlot Tour to make it more interesting and more worth visiting. I still give Universal Studios Florida grief to this day for getting rid of their Backlot Tour because that should be a "movie studio" theme park's signature attraction that showcases behind the scenes movie magic. But of course I know Disney is about business first, so to compete with the popular Harry Potter Land, they'll just make lands themed after their own franchises instead of something a little bit better like a land themed to a movie genre instead of a specific series like maybe a sci-fi movies section, a section for horror, etc.

novawildcat18

^ I really like that idea. Since Sorcerer Mickey is the main character of Fantasmic, it would be really cool to have it be the entrance to the amphitheater. Only problem that I can think of is that it would take away from the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

Captain Neo

Half of DHS will truly be a construction zone within the next 8 months. This has been fast tracked so the announcements will steal a bit of HP2 thunder from Uni. I'm not sure how well that will work, since none of the SW plans are on the level of Gringott's or Forbidden Journey. But I do trust Kathy M.

welp

rckid

Not if they put the hat far back enough into the entrance of the show as to not obstruct pictures being taken on Sunset Blvd. of the Tower of Terror.

Captain Neo

Where is that info coming from? In one sentence you are saying that there will be no Studio's makeover, but in the next you talk about Star Wars land..I'm confused. I would consider Star Wars Land a makeover. What the source of the info?

I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from. Adding one or two new attractions and expanding Star Wars presence does not = Studios Makeover. A Makeover would be more substantial and revamp entire areas, expand, and open alot of new rides and attractions like DCA did.

Did you consider it an entire park makeover when they added Pixar Place and Midway Mania a few years ago?

Cardinals314

With the Hat, I think it would probably be best used at the entrance to Fantasmic since that show's advertisements involve Sorcerer Mickey taking on a dragon even though the show itself isn't that great imho when compared to Illuminations and Wishes. The hat does kinda ruin the atmosphere when you walk into the park and its "Main Street" has a 50's vibe, then you see a magical hat instead of the famous Chinese Theater recreation? I think the Great Movie Ride would get a lot more visitors as well if that was a focal point. As for the Backlot Tour, I wish Hollywood Studios would(instead of building a replica of Cars Land or a Star Wars Land to simply compete with Harry Potter Land at Universal) revamp the Backlot Tour to make it more interesting and more worth visiting. I still give Universal Studios Florida grief to this day for getting rid of their Backlot Tour because that should be a "movie studio" theme park's signature attraction that showcases behind the scenes movie magic. But of course I know Disney is about business first, so to compete with the popular Harry Potter Land, they'll just make lands themed after their own franchises instead of something a little bit better like a land themed to a movie genre instead of a specific series like maybe a sci-fi movies section, a section for horror, etc.

My only concern with that is that the hat is so large that it could possibly ruin the view of walking down sunset boulevard. If they had the hat deep enough on the trail leading to the amphitheater, then that would be good

WDW1974

Should have stated something else a friend reminded me of earlier: Disney has ordered all departments to stop using the BAH as the park icon in any/all materials.

That is your smoking gun that the time is finally drawing close to when that atrocity gets taken down. I'll go out on a limb and say that there's no way it sees 2015. Quote me. I have a very good record with these things, ask old Corrus.

Cardinals314

Should have stated something else a friend reminded me of earlier: Disney has ordered all departments to stop using the BAH as the park icon in any/all materials.

That is your smoking gun that the time is finally drawing close to when that atrocity gets taken down. I'll go out on a limb and say that there's no way it sees 2015. Quote me. I have a very good record with these things, ask old Corrus.

Do you know if there are there any plans of placing the hat somewhere else or getting rid of it completely?

the.dreamfinder

How long do they think it will take to fully demolish and repave the space where BAH is? Also, what are the odds Theme Park Connections charges way too much for pieces of BAH?

WDW1974

so star wars 2016
and no cars land ?

I'd say -- and this is without talking to my peeps -- that you're looking at Star Wars largely in 2017 (some parts may open in '16.

Avatar was supposed to be late 2017 BEFORE the latest delay, so I'm saying Spring 2018.

And I think you may see an element or two of Cars Land still, but the entire land isn't going to happen at this point.

WDW1974

Sorry to be that guy but I feel like I'm ready conflicting info on what Star Wars stuff would be expected to entail at this point...
1. Are the Streets of America expected to stay or go?
2. Are Muppets expected to stay or go?
3. Is Indiana Jones expected to stay or go?

I hate doing this because the same questions will get asked in multiple threads beceuas folks don't like reading.

But RIGHT NOW:

1.) Gone;
2.) Likely stay, but perhaps in a different form;
3.) 100% goner.

tirian

Could you give a rough idea as to how long the contracts have been renewed for?

I find it tough to imagine that they will build a significant Star Wars presence in DHS including the AIE space without the IJ plot being a part of it.

I checked with someone who told me 1 year. Don't use that as an official timeline, but it's definitely going to be replaced for Star Wars.

EDIT: The contracts were for stunt performers, and were renewed a few weeks ago.

WDW1974

Put down the pixie dust and stop with all this Pollyanna fanboi tripe. Since nothing was announced I guess I will return "in a few months". Meantime I off to my desert hunting grounds here in NM.

Anagodziih doleel

Didn't you use to be someone here once?

As to your NM home, I admit that binging on Breaking Bad has given me new appreciation of the beauty of your state as I have only been there once. All that crystal meth too, it's half of an Imagineer's fantasy.:eek::devilish::D

doctornick

And I think you may see an element or two of Cars Land still, but the entire land isn't going to happen at this point.
I hope that this is true. I have always felt that having some Cars presence at DHS is a must -- a ride (either the proposed dark ride or Maters), a merch store and possibly a restaurant. Find some way to incorperate the "living" Cars M&G and you are golden. No reason for a full land, especially if it would be half assed compared to California. If a Monsters Inc attraction gets added or the HISTK play area gets themed to Bug's, then you actually have the makings a Pixar Place that makes sense without being dominated by one franchise.

Then with the other space remaining (from LMA/Backlot Tour), down the road they can properly add more Pixar themed attractions.

HMF

Is it possible it will be gone before the year ends?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom