Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

The Rocketeer

Well Disney has been on a nostalgic kick the last five years. Would be on Par with the Poly returning to the nostalgic retro name The Polynesian Village Resort.
Speaking of names, I wouldn't mind at all if DHS became Disney MGM Studios again. That obviously wouldn't happen as the MGM company is a huge shell of what it once was and even went bankrupt recently. Hollywood Studios is a more fitting name, in my opinion, and it took me years to finally get used to calling it that anyway.

Goofyernmost

Something I still don't get...Why is the tip of the hat still there? Are they going to reporpose it for a smaller version of the hat for the planter in the front entrance plaza for the BAH Lovers they've "Oh-So" Wanted? Frankly I'd Know what I'd do with it....
tumblr_ms2uawfs0w1qf5hjqo6_250.gif
How do we know it isn't all still sitting there behind the wall. We haven't seen any overhead shots since that first piece was taken down. It may all still be there laying flat on the ground waiting to have it done in one trip.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
How do we know it isn't all still sitting there behind the wall. We haven't seen any overhead shots since that first piece was taken down. It may all still be there laying flat on the ground waiting to have it done in one trip.

Actually we heard from one of our members this week that it was all still there behind the wall. She has been down there over a week while it has been coming down.

pumpkin7

I'd also like to point out that on DisneyStore.com that the merchandise they are selling from the park is showing more and more of Earffile Tower being the icon for the park..Also Notice that Epcot is being called Epcot Center......Hmmm?
7505055880545-1

They've also listed it as Disney's HS not Disney HS. The 's makes a big difference! Change it back!

sloppy.joey

View attachment 80243

Love this view..... Welcome back!
As much as I enjoy hearing about how crazy one state is in a crazy world itself, getting back on topic... Great picture! This view right here shows how much more you are "transported" than when you had a giant sorcerer's hat sticking out in the middle of Hollywood. The only hat that's fine by me is the topiary one on Mickey's head! :)

Goofyernmost

No need for pictures today, last night was Saturday they would not be working. I know a lot of people are in a hurry for it to be gone, but, you all are going to get ulcers carrying all that anxiety around until this project is done. I'd say, at best, there will be at least another 5 weeks before the walls come down, if not longer. As much as we would like to see it gone, there is no emergency to remove it and they are not about to pay overtime to demolish this critter.

Sage of Time

I'd also like to point out that on DisneyStore.com that the merchandise they are selling from the park is showing more and more of Earffile Tower being the icon for the park..Also Notice that Epcot is being called Epcot Center......Hmmm?
7505055880545-1
To be fair, you can't go by merch. The merch team just creates what they think will sell and they make errors all the time. DL just sold a shirt with Kilimanjaro Safari's logo on it for their 60th.

View attachment 80243

Love this view..... Welcome back!
I just got goosebumps.

MagicHappens1971

This is last years vinylmation which included the water tower as the icon instead of the hat. Was that because the hat was already on it? Also if they were to change the icon back to the water tower... They should make the park look like a working studio. All attractions should be housed in soundstages and wait time screens could be say "film running time" or something like that. And fast pass could be the "VIP Lounge" or something. If they weren't to do all that it would make sense to keep calling it Hollywood studios. It would be better to call it Hollywoodland and change the icon to Gramans theatre.
image.jpg

Last edited:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is last years vinylmation which included the water tower as the icon instead of the hat. Was that because the hat was already on it? Also if they were to change the icon back to the water tower... They should make the park look like a working studio. All attractions should be housed in soundstage and like wait time screens could be put in like film running time or something like that. And fast pass could be like the VIP Lounge or something. If they weren't to do all that it would make sense to keep calling it Hollywood studios. It would be better to call it like HOLLYWOOD Land and change the icon to Gramans theatre.
View attachment 80278
Could you say "like" one more time please?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom