Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

RAXIP

That was my point.
Your 'Future Additions' are the existing merchandise shelves, the two cash resister counters and the three gold swirls under the Hat.
sorcerers-hat-shop-00.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Sorry. MY mistake. It says "hub enhancements". But why? Honest question since I seem to have no idea about these permits. :oops:

Waiting for an argument? You're going to be waiting a while. ;)

Things like that are common on these documents, they are a brief description of the project. It's possible that they may be adding something in that area once the hat is removed, but this document doesn't show any details of what that would be.

G00fyDad

Because they're not just going to yank the thing out and call it a day. It's part of a larger project.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry about any confusion on my part. I got really excited when I saw that hub enhancement section and saw that it still looked like a nose. As many times as I've been to this park I've never noticed that the base of the hat is what actually makes up the nose. :happy:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wouldn't that be cool if they decided to demolish the old BAH and replace it with a bigger BAH on the same spot? They could move OMD to the new BAH and use the old OMD to expand Pixar Place. Having OMD in the center of the park would be very appropriate.

They way I see it, if they build something different in that location we will have to go through all the trouble of creating a new thread about "Is the clock ticking on X", but if they replace it with another hat we can just re-use this thread. So for the sake of efficiency I am hoping for a new hat.

Phil12

Sorry. MY mistake. It says "hub enhancements". But why? Honest question since I seem to have no idea about these permits.
Because after the BAH is removed they're going to build something else. Most likely it will be just big enough to block the view of the Chinese theater from Hollywood Boulevard.

Goofyernmost

I think "Hub Enhancement" just clarifies that that boxed area is in fact the area they will be demolishing. I see nothing to indicate what will be built. Only what is currently there (i.e. the swirly gold things)...
m_sorhat2.jpg

That is an as built drawing. There are no new additions shown. You can even see the stairs on the north side of the Hat.

Sorry. MY mistake. It says "hub enhancements". But why? Honest question since I seem to have no idea about these permits. :oops:

Because they're not just going to yank the thing out and call it a day. It's part of a larger project.
In my viewpoint just the removal of the BAH is a MAJOR HUB ENHANCEMENT. :happy: What more would be needed to make it a better place other then maybe a return of the flower beds.

They may not be thinking about putting anything else there, or they might be! I guess we have to wait and see.

Phil12

OMD should be the biggest and most prominent attraction in the entire park and it should be located in the center of the park. When you look back at the history of Hollywood, all the major studios suffered declines and were bought out by other corporations. TWDC is the only major studio that is still under the same corporation. I think that says something about the quality of the product they have produced over all these years and it's founders (Walt and Roy) should be showcased smack in the center of the park. And Ub Iwerks needs his own attraction within the park as well.

Phil12

They can fix OMD without moving it. They have room.
They could include OMD and TGMR within the framework of the new OMD. The entrance would be located in the area now occupied by the BAH and TGMR would be reworked so as to compare and contrast motion pictures in a chronological fashion to demonstrate the rise and the fall of the major studios. They could even go into the antitrust action brought against the major studios to break up the link between theaters and studios.

And all the while they could showcase how the small Disney studio slowly became a world wide behemoth in entertainment in film, radio, television, music, print, sports, theme parks and of course social media. It would be in the true tradition of Walt himself using a captive audience to sell his latest product. At the end of the show guests would get to see exclusive movie trailers about new Disney projects. And they can still do all of this with TCM sponsorship! I would imagine that the TCM sign will be huge so they'll most likely put it in the location of the BAH. The Ub Iwerks story could be told in the old OMD building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom