Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Kman101

I don't know if I see F! going away anytime in the immediate future, but if/when it does, they could always use that theatre in the same way that Universal uses their Music plaza stage. They could have a seasonal event where they get big name bands to perform as a part of some sort of festival, which tbh, would be a great idea to prop up attendance during all of the construction.

That's a good idea. I'd like to see that happen. I agree that I can't see F! going away in the near future, but like GMR, once the makeover is complete, I can see them wanting to do something there.

Marc Gil

Since Fantastic's biological clock is ticking and BAH is being demolished, can we see the original version of Sorcery in the Sky make a glorious return?

Thanks.

Donald96

Confirmed that it used to be...
Actually when they say "...the Earfful Tower, the icon of DHS, back in 1987." The commas indicate a break in the scentence so it reads as if there were parenthesis around "the icon of DHS." Thus saying that this is the icon as it was in 1987, not as if it used to be the icon. So technically they confirmed it is the current icon and are pretending it never changed. Lol I hate grammar it gets so confusing sometimes.

Last edited:

Clamman73

Actually when they say "...the Earful Tower, the icon of DHS, back in 1987." The commas indicate a break in the scentence so it reads as if there were parenthesis around "the icon of DHS." Thus saying that this is the icon as it was in 1987, not as if it used to be the icon. So technically they confirmed it is the current icon and are pretending it never changed. Lol I hate grammar it gets so confusing sometimes.
OK. I see that now. I take back what I said...my apologies to @CheekBoys

Kman101

At the end of the day though, just because the water tower isn't CALLED the official icon of the park, it's not as if they are using the Chinese theater (and I could have missed a post on their blog about that), and you can see it visually on the road. It's the icon of the park until the rip it out (and I doubt they would). IMO. And considering it's used a lot on merch, and other things ... I consider it the icon of the park. I doubt they'd go through the trouble of explaining the water tower for nothing, but it also doesn't really mean much either.

Seabasealpha1

I had a hunch that a big reason they wanted the hat down was firework viewing. Over the last year or so there have been a lot more fireworks done at DHS and a big complaint was that awful eyesore in the way. It seems reasonable they might be planning something fireworks related in the future.

I don't know if I see them getting rid of the water theater that houses Fantasmic!, but really, wouldn't that be a great future expansion plot? It's a big area. Maybe they're thinking along those lines? (That along with the Theater of the Stars area)
But what about all those new benches? :( ;)

Kman101

It's sort of interesting how they give up on things when they are planning to either rip it out or refurb it sometime in the future. Can't say I blame them for certain things but it's noticeable in attractions too.

G00fyDad

Are you implying that being in a landfill is the rightful place for World of Motion, Horizons and Journey into imagination!?

That's the way I read it too, but I was in a bad mood this morning and chose not to respond so I wouldn't come off sounding like a horse's rear end. However, that is exactly the way it reads. I'm sure they did not mean it that way.

Phil12

Are you implying that being in a landfill is the rightful place for World of Motion, Horizons and Journey into imagination!?
Of course not. That would be wasteful. I would hope that Disney is smart enough to repurpose parts of those attractions, auction off some of the other parts to the highest bidder(s) and recycle the remainder in accordance with appropriate environmental policies. I'm sure there is a lot of valuable scrap metal, plastics, wood and glass that TWDC has been able to make a few dollars from while simultaneously helping to save the environment.

And wouldn't it be super cool if some of the recycled material from those old worn out attractions was used in the construction of more popular attractions such as Soarin', TSMM and the new Frozen attraction in the WS? Perhaps new attractions at WDW could come with a label that reads: "Sixty percent of this attraction was built using recycled material from the old Horizons building, infrastructure and sets." That would really be in the true spirit of Horizons. There's a heck of a lot of aluminum in the BAH!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom