Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Do I sense sarcasm?
Fact found.

My job is done here.

image.jpg

Phil12

Riiiggghhhttt..

So when I queued in the exterior switchback and then the interior queue in 1990 that was because no one cared for it?​
Indeed, that was a common complaint back in those days. Many people thought you had to watch JII before you were allowed into Captain EO.

Goofyernmost

Because the sponsors pulled out?

Because the sponsor wanted a different, hip direction?

And because the sponsor wanted a more reliable ride system but didn't want to pay what was needed?

If we're talking about the Omnimovers.
OK, but that had to be because they were no longer pulling in enough people to satisfy the sponsors. If they are getting even perceived results that were positive for them, they would not have changed it.

I know, or at least heard, that Kodak had an original agreement, in their contract, that after a specified amount of time Disney had to re-imagine the Imagination pavilion. Maybe true, maybe not, I don't know.

WoM had GM as a sponsor and they wanted something "more hip" and got Test Track #1 and #2. The second was more because of GM reorganization making Chevrolet the main focus.

WoL lost their sponsor.

Horizons lost their sponsor. HP, became one but didn't want Horizons and like magic we have Mission Space.

I'm not sure which one you are referring to when you say "wanted a more reliable ride system... wouldn't pay. Fill me in on that one if you would.

ABQ

Riiiggghhhttt..

So when I queued in the exterior switchback and then the interior queue in 1990 that was because no one cared for it?​
The massive crowd in that monorail clip posted earlier was insane. Unless they were all there for Eo. Yikes, hate to think that's true.

Phil12

Just stop while your ahead...you won't win against Marni who is like the master of all things Epcot, especially old Epcot Center.
I don't wish to bruise anyone's fond memories. I suppose I was never enamored with JII since it was so geared to children. It was my experience that the attraction was always a walk-on while other nearby attractions such as The Land and The Living Seas had busy queues. I must admit that I was never a Figment fan and the Dreamfinder impressed me as being a disturbing and untrustworthy character. I think that is why Disney got rid of the Dreamfinder in the later versions of Imagination.

G00fyDad

The massive crowd in that monorail clip posted earlier was insane. Unless they were all there for Eo. Yikes, hate to think that's true.

I was thinking that the crowds may have been due to the opening of a new park that year (D-MGM), and there were only three parks then and not four.

RAXIP

I'be been browsing through old posts on this thread and found this (from Page 55, Aug 21, 2013):
Should have stated something else a friend reminded me of earlier: Disney has ordered all departments to stop using the BAH as the park icon in any/all materials.

That is your smoking gun that the time is finally drawing close to when that atrocity gets taken down. I'll go out on a limb and say that there's no way it sees 2015. Quote me. I have a very good record with these things, ask old Corrus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom