Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Nemo14

The Hat was supposed to be a temporary thing anyway, as was the wand at Epcot. Think about it. If they keep the temporary items forever we'd still have this: :eek:

a27e415148ffea20ba8cbfadbada9e87.jpg

animated-smileys-puking-01.gif

Frankie The Beer

With DHS losing so much I hope its safe to assume the park is going to get, or is in the planning stages of a serious overhaul. I'm just a little sad Disney didn't maximize the potential of a "movie" park, DHS should have been, especially with all the IP's they have scooped up over the years, one of the best parks on the planet but right now it seems like wasted oppertunity.

I recently had an argument in the park with my cousin (who is apparently a 'hat lover' of the new school park-goer). After several annoyed sounds everytime we got close to the perimeter of the hat, she finally asked what I was doing. Then, after ranting for several minutes about the temporary hatastrophy, she came right back with her own. Seeing as her first trip was after the hat, to her - it is the symbol of the park.
Ugh. I replied with more reasons for its 'out of placement' in front of a true icon for Hollywood and film.
And as I am tickled pink about its demise, I do feel a twinge of sadness for her and the others who have come to know this as their symbol.
But not that bad ;)

Sam Magic

I recently had an argument in the park with my cousin (who is apparently a 'hat lover' of the new school park-goer). After several annoyed sounds everytime we got close to the perimeter of the hat, she finally asked what I was doing. Then, after ranting for several minutes about the temporary hatastrophy, she came right back with her own. Seeing as her first trip was after the hat, to her - it is the symbol of the park.
Ugh. I replied with more reasons for its 'out of placement' in front of a true icon for Hollywood and film.
And as I am tickled pink about its demise, I do feel a twinge of sadness for her and the others who have come to know this as their symbol.
But not that bad ;)
It was my symbol, and probably always be, but I grew to hate it and look forward the the theater taking it's rightful position as the parks icon.

G00fyDad

Why when you have the theater which IMO should be the parks icon.

I like the idea of using the theater, but if Disney goes another route with the theme for the park then the theater may not suit. Besides, it is still an icon from another franchise (sort of) and Disney will likely want to use something of their own, or something new and unique.

flyerjab

Seeing as I don't share the lengthy history that some of you do with the parks in Orlando, it will be nice for me so see this part of the park as it was meant to be (even if it is for only the next few years:)).

Now that the GMR facade will be exposed again I did start to wonder about the rumor @Disneyhead'71 put out there, not to mention what the proposed future theme of the park is supposed to be (somehowo_O). If I am correct about what rumors have stated here and elsewhere, the park will be called Disney (or Disney's) Hollywood Adventure. If the intent of the park is to have one experience the various Disney IPs, a ride such as a GotG LPS trackless ride through would actually fit that concept rather well.

If the ride is basically an experience of you appearing at a movie premier and then being taken into the movie for an adventure, isn't that pretty much a microcosm of what some are posting the new direction of the park is supposed to be?

Also, to add to this idea, I do like it very much. I am not opposed to a good mix of AA-based rides, screen-based rides, as well as the various other A,B,C,D Ticket attractions. I also have seen the Ratatouille Ride POV videos on YouTube and I think it looks really good IMHO. This could be the first park in WDW to have an LPS based ride, and to have it based on GotG would make it a double-whammy and a HUGE draw.

All along I have felt that this park simply won't be getting Star Wars and Pixar additions only. That would make for a very strangely balanced park. Also, regarding Jim Hill's info on the changes coming to DHS, one thing that he did say regarding the GMR - aside from the fact that it will be good - was that it isn't on the initial slate of changes. That at least seems to coincide with what @PhotoDave219 has stated regarding the current safe state of the attraction. Interestingly enough, though, @articos posted earlier in this thread that those that like the ride should definitely make an attempt to ride it on their upcoming trips next year.

Whatever happens, though, it will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next 3-5 years.

One random thought to end with on this subject. I just was on the WDWThemeParks site and watched the video that was made regarding the construction of DisneySprings. Although I find it odd that they actually made a video regarding said project, that video was extremely well done. It would be nice if they made something like that for the future transformation of DHS.:D

carolina_yankee

Maybe with the money they are about to pour into this park that they will go ahead and fix the Silhouette and blinds of my beloved Roger rabbit.

It continues to look worse and worse. And it would not take much to fix Maybe two days of somebody knowing what they were doing.

One of many things in that park I consistently overlook. Where is this?

PhotoDave219

With DHS losing so much I hope its safe to assume the park is going to get, or is in the planning stages of a serious overhaul. I'm just a little sad Disney didn't maximize the potential of a "movie" park, DHS should have been, especially with all the IP's they have scooped up over the years, one of the best parks on the planet but right now it seems like wasted oppertunity.

That's the general assumption, yes.

Frankie The Beer

Also, to add to this idea, I do like it very much. I am not opposed to a good mix of AA-based rides, screen-based rides, as well as the various other A,B,C,D Ticket attractions.

Personally I hope they keep the screen based attractions to a minimum. That's Universal's gig and they do it well but I feel they also rely on it too much and I don't want Disney to break away from the AA-based attraction.

flyerjab

Personally I hope they keep the screen based attractions to a minimum. That's Universal's gig and they do it well but I feel they also rely on it too much and I don't want Disney to break away from the AA-based attraction.

The best for a GotG LPS ride would be a mix of both, similar to Mystic Manor. Besides, an advanced AA of Rocket would be a must.

Last edited:

Frankie The Beer

I wonder if Disney could build a faux mountainside behind the park and put up the Hollywood sign so it's visible behind the Chinese Theater when entering the park....... Can someone here with photoshop skills do this?

Do you know where there is a sharp picture of the old park before the hat preferably with a high resolution? I googled MGM 1989 and only got some really blurry pics that would have me sitting on Photoshop for hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom