Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

RSoxNo1

I'll put this out there as speculative, but for those of us that love this view of the Chinese Theater, enjoy it while you can. The TCM deal is for 5 years and the attraction is rumored to be among the last things receiving an overhaul as part of the DHS redux. I haven't seen an indication one way or another than the theater facade is leaving, but now that the view is back we shouldn't take it for granted.

G00fyDad

10996793_10152593116062035_8696103096531679970_n.jpg

The Rocketeer

I'll put this out there as speculative, but for those of us that love this view of the Chinese Theater, enjoy it while you can. The TCM deal is for 5 years and the attraction is rumored to be among the last things receiving an overhaul as part of the DHS redux. I haven't seen an indication one way or another than the theater facade is leaving, but now that the view is back we shouldn't take it for granted.
We shouldn't take anything for granted. The parks should always be testing and growing. Sometimes those things that they "test" just stay too long. ;)

I only hope everybody falls in love with the view.

wogwog

And in that same breath, how many, in a few months or years from now, will even know a hat stood there? Not many but I can only imagine the cast members reacting to customers who don't know any better. LOL
Oh I could not work there and not mess with unknowing guests in a few months asking what happened to the hat. What hat? Never seen a BAH around these parts.:happy:

Bing Bong

If we're talking about Cirque shows, my favorite is KA at the MGM Grande. I didn't really care for "O". ZED at Tokyo Disneyland Resort looked like a lot of fun too... :(

Skippy

And in that same breath, how many, in a few months or years from now, will even know a hat stood there? Not many but I can only imagine the cast members reacting to customers who don't know any better. LOL
Time heals all wounds..

But remember, at this point the Studios have had the sorcerer's hat in front of the theater longer than it has not.

Skippy

I don't speak for everyone, but I was more upset with the misplacement and egregiously theme-breakingness of the hat than I was upset about not seeing the theater. If the facade leaves to be replaced by some other icon, I would not be automatically opposed to it. If a new icon compliments the surrounding theme of the area like the hat never did I can get on board.

ChesterKiwi

Linkin Park. They have a song in almost every genre except for maybe country music.
Even though I am the most obsessive Linkin Park fan most people will ever know, a good chunk of their discography would be generally unsuitable for Disney if you ask me. Their first two albums and their latest album are too heavy, and their fourth album is too ambient and experimental. They're not a Disney-compatible band.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Is Stitch as popular with kids today as the kids who liked him when the movie came out? I suspect the days of there needing to be a Stitch attraction somewhere are gone now.

I've seen the Tokyo Tiki Room, Stitch isn't too out of place, not compared to Iago in MK anyway, but you could easily do without him - it's a bit like Lightning McQueen in LMA, a movie promoting cameo that doesn't really add much.
LMA?

Kman101

I'm not taking the view for granted at all, and will enjoy the moment in time that the view was restored, but it's silly to me to worry about that may or may not happen 5 years from now. It'll stay in the back of my head but can't we just enjoy it for now?

And I actually don't have a problem with a replacement for GMR as long as they deliver on said replacement. Too many times a replacement attraction has under-delivered and has been shoe-horned into the existing attraction (Nemo, Caballeros, etc.). Replacements at Disney worry me for that reason. A replacement, to me, should be even better than what was there before.

Goofyernmost

OMG, we just barely got rid of the hat which represents a major investment, you could see that in the effort it took to just get it down below fence level, and already we are discussing and getting all verklempt about 5 years from now and TCM contract end. Let's contemplate that they will renew. However 5 years from now I will either be 72 or gone, so I'm not sure it will matter one way or the other to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom