Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Goofnut1980

Gotta keep the thread going. With the removal of the BAH, brings on discussion on installing the spires, cleaning the Chinese Theatre, improving the re-opened hub, etc.

I hope they see that a real hub is needed. Like they are doing at MK. It helps guests navigate better and not end up in a cluster bottleneck.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I hope they see that a real hub is needed. Like they are doing at MK. It helps guests navigate better and not end up in a cluster bottleneck.

It seems likely that whatever the refresh of that park ends up looking like over the coming years traffic flow of guests will change dramatically throughout. They still need a large space in front of Chinese Theater for the stage they use for Star Wars weekends, and other special events and at least now, that area will be larger because they can push the stage back to where BAH was instead of in front of it.

KDM31091

Is this the first time in a decade plus that the lights on the roof of the GMR have been lit? It doesn't seem like there would have been much point to lighting them before since you could barely see it.

It looks great!!

TomP

It seems likely that whatever the refresh of that park ends up looking like over the coming years traffic flow of guests will change dramatically throughout. They still need a large space in front of Chinese Theater for the stage they use for Star Wars weekends, and other special events and at least now, that area will be larger because they can push the stage back to where BAH was instead of in front of it.
I think we will see a big change in traffic flow as they re-do DHS. But I wonder if they would/could/should include a stage area IN the SW expansion for weekends. When do they have a need for a stage in front of Chinese Theater (I'm so glad it's back to prominence) other than for Star Wars Weekends?

Grumpy1973

Looks naked without the BAH... Spires will likely fix that and hopefully they have been reconstructing them backstage as to be a quick reinstall... At least until the giant inflatable Olaf is installed...

BrerJon

I think we will see a big change in traffic flow as they re-do DHS. But I wonder if they would/could/should include a stage area IN the SW expansion for weekends. When do they have a need for a stage in front of Chinese Theater (I'm so glad it's back to prominence) other than for Star Wars Weekends?

What does Star Wars Weekends use the stage for except for Hyperspace Hoopla? I'm pretty sure that's been cancelled now (was it last year they ditched it or is it just this one coming?). I'm sure they can do SWW quite fine without one.

I actually don't mind the big metal temp stages, as long as they're just that, temp (and I mean the true meaning of the word temp, not the Imagineering meaning of a decade plus), with the stage being removed the moment an event finishes and only going up a day or two before.

JohnD

What does Star Wars Weekends use the stage for except for Hyperspace Hoopla? I'm pretty sure that's been cancelled now (was it last year they ditched it or is it just this one coming?). I'm sure they can do SWW quite fine without one.

I actually don't mind the big metal temp stages, as long as they're just that, temp (and I mean the true meaning of the word temp, not the Imagineering meaning of a decade plus), with the stage being removed the moment an event finishes and only going up a day or two before.

They have a Symphony in the Stars show and fireworks now featuring characters and the weekend's guests. Prior to it is Lobot's dance party with Lobot as the DJ. Other character appearances on the stage throughout the weekend.

Sthebest

I can get use to this!

Attachments

• IMAG2511.jpg
    IMAG2511.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 255

ToInfinityAndBeyond

They have a Symphony in the Stars show and fireworks now featuring characters and the weekend's guests. Prior to it is Lobot's dance party with Lobot as the DJ. Other character appearances on the stage throughout the weekend.

DJ Lobot is a legend. If you have never seen this man--er--bot, you are missing out on a party. It was amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom