Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

articos

So it had sta(i)rs inside? What were they used for?
Anatomy of the inside of the Hat:

Inside the hand, you'll notice a whole bunch of duct work. That's the air handling for the electrical for the lighting (this generated a good amount of heat), which is sitting on the concrete inside the hand. There's also a cable tray carrying wiring from that same room inside the hand into the hat itself. Underneath the hat, there was a finished ceiling if you're looking up. There needed to be access to the empty space above that ceiling inside the hat. That is what the stairs are for, going to the circular catwalk inside the hat.

The project still has a ways to go.

Last edited:

Arthur Wellesley

I'd love to have a livestream of the sparks flying right now (12:40am, assuming they'll be at it)
As long as I'm not footing the bill, I love construction (or in this case demolition) when I know the final outcome will be designed well.
I was thinking that the other night how cool it would be to have a live webcam of the nighttime progress so we could log in & see the demolition as it happens. Of course I probably wouldn't get any work done if that were the case, but hey, priorities are priorities.

Expo_Seeker40

image.jpg
Mornin' my loves. More of the hand was removed last night along with parts of the brim of the hat. Remember that the crew is typically off Fri and Sat night. Expect to see changes Monday morning.

FoozieBear

I'll be in the park next Sunday and I was hoping to be able to see the theater by then. What are the chances that it'll be gone by the time I get there?

DisDan

I'll be in the park next Sunday and I was hoping to be able to see the theater by then. What are the chances that it'll be gone by the time I get there?

Slim to None.....there will still be steel structure left by that time I think. The last parts of the base of the hat are going to take time to cut through or dis-assemble most likely as they are pretty robust.

RayTheFirefly

It looks to me like they want every bit of fiberglass and plastic off of it first, so that they can bring out the torches/big-scale saws. So we might not see structural deconstruction of this part for a little bit.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That is a pretty big piece of steel under the brim, i was guessing it would be a matrix like structure under there. A bonus to the hat being taken down is actually seeing how it was constructed, since I never really came to forums like this during construction.
Further back in the thread you can find the link to wdwmagic's construction photos of the hat. Fun to look at

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I've seen mention of a stage being built in place of our favorite whipping boy hat. Is this confirmed in any way? And I mean "confirmed" in the loose sense. Not via Disney press release, but via consensus of the standard group of inside-folk. "Confirmed" as a general Disney rumor that most likely will come true with the chance of last minute change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom