Is the clock ticking on the Leave a Legacy monoliths at Epcot?

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
Glad to see this post pop back up after a while...even more satisfying is the notion that this could actually come true...I'm just interested in seeing that clearer view of SSE.

EvilQueen-T

I bet half the people saying "take them down" would still jump and add their pic or message if they opened it up again. We got ours as part of the magic my way ticket package in 2004 so we like that there's something of ours always in the parks. Do I like the half finished look of them...no. I wouldn't care if they moved them but I hope they don't just trash them. But for us it's like the bricks so many people have around magic kingdom. My granddaughter made me take the time earlier this month to find ours. The trip when we got to add ours was only a few months after she was born and she'd never seen it before. The trip was myself, my then teenage daughter, my sister, and her daughter. My mother surprised us with the trip (all expenses paid) so we used ours to thank her with the date, a line for each of us and the last line saying thanks mammaw (just had to leave out an 'm' for the space available lol).
13876283_1207282775983825_6011042598373384277_n.jpg

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
Ok...two things...

A. If this becomes a real thing...(fingers crossed, chicken blood and a little a voodoo ritual...) any real ideas as to what will become of the tiles? Is there any kind of plan in the works to have them re-positioned somewhere else in the park?

B. If this becomes a real thing...(little more chicken blood...rub the belly of the Buddha statue) will my thread get bumped back into the "news and rumors" section?

:)

brb1006

Ok...two things...

A. If this becomes a real thing...(fingers crossed, chicken blood and a little a voodoo ritual...) any real ideas as to what will become of the tiles? Is there any kind of plan in the works to have them re-positioned somewhere else in the park?

B. If this becomes a real thing...(little more chicken blood...rub the belly of the Buddha statue) will my thread get bumped back into the "news and rumors" section?

:)
What's the thread called?

Paul Joseph

He is correct. We (my wife and I) have a picture from our first visit during our honeymoon right out front. we signed a contract with Disney for the picture to be there for 20 years. after this time, they can move the pictures to anywhere in the park area they wish. I like the entrance with them, I wish I could get a stone at Magic with our names on it.

RobidaFlats

He is correct. We (my wife and I) have a picture from our first visit during our honeymoon right out front. we signed a contract with Disney for the picture to be there for 20 years. after this time, they can move the pictures to anywhere in the park area they wish. I like the entrance with them, I wish I could get a stone at Magic with our names on it.

Just to clarify, the contract states that they can relocate it at any time. After 20 years it can be removed entirely.

Seabasealpha1

Original Poster
What's the thread called?
Like...this whole discussion...back when we started...which was around the death of the DHS Sorceror's Hat, this got bumped over to general discussion.

I guess it doesn't matter whether it gets put back into rumors or not...just figured I'd ask.

Goofyernmost

View attachment 155950 Yea, something like that. I know it did say 20 years. I personally hope if it moved, its still in the park somewhere.
I don't mean to be demeaning at all, but, seriously, to me, after the first one was displayed I was so shocked by the atrocious quality of the pictures that they couldn't have paid me to put mine up there. I look bad enough real, that depiction would not be pretty at all. :)

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Sorry for the late reply; I've been on an island all weekend with hardly any internet.

Now you've seen the Innoventions announcements (which is what I referring to), work can slowly begin on the central spine of Fututeworld which will include a lot of the "look" of the future park.
Good change or bad where can I get the details?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom