Is the Boathouse worth it?

MikeCat95

Original Poster
Hey guys..my family is going to Disney in December, and we are wondering if the Boathouse is worth burning two dining credits for? Has anyone been there and have any advice? Thanks in advance!

katie123

We are on the DDP and have a reservation there in a few weeks.
Looking at the menus, I think it will all depend on what you order- worth it for steaks but not the cheaper end of the menu such as burgers.
Considering paying OOP depending on what we order-eight credits is a lot to spend on a single meal if only having four burgers!

bethram

Personally, I don't think it is worth it. The entrees don't come with a side, so we had to pay for our sides out of pocket even though is cost us 2 TS credits. We did enjoy the food, but if we were to go back we would not use the DDP there.

disneyfirstLJ

My daughter and I have eaten at The Boathouse twice and we loved our meals both times. The first time we ate in the bar area in-between lunch and dinner soon after it first opened. I had shrimp cocktail, a burger and my daughter (11) had the chicken. Our food was great! The next time we went for dinner and I had the cedar plank salmon and my daughter (12) had the filet minion. It was outstanding. This was the best meal we ever had at Disney World. I would highly recommend it. I paid out of pocket as the dining plan isn't worth it for us. So I can't say if it is worth the credits but it is worth going for the food.

sheriffwoody

I love the restaurant and the food, but I wouldn't use dining credits on it. Like @bethram pointed out, entrees don't come with a side. We were fine with that and just ate our entrees and the bread, but for two credits, I would expect a bigger meal. I would definitely recommend it sometime when you aren't on the DDP though!

Dr.GrantSeeker

It is a great restaurant! Love the food, it is a little pricey though. I wouldn't go there and get burgers, but the steaks and seafood are very delicious. Never had any problems with service and every one is very friendly. The only complaint is that my family and I weren't a fan of their mixed drinks menu. We found they were a lot more expensive and weren't thrilled with how they tasted. But I don't think that is a deal breaker at all.I definitely wouldn't use the DDP while dining there. Just my 2 cents.This has become my families last supper tradition, formally it was the Yachtsman.

katie123

Anyone tried the club sandwich or fillet sliders? From the pictures I've seen, both look delish and reasonably priced- would love to hear from anyone who has tried either please.

durangojim

We ate there in March as a group of 6. I had read so many wonderful things about the restaurant that I was really expecting to be wowed but when were were there it was very underwhelming. Service was slow and inattentive and the seafood was average. The highlight was the baked Alaska but aside from that it was a disappointment. I'd probably go back again with just my wife and maybe sit at one of the bars and just try some food there, but I don't think I'd go back and eat at a table.

hiddenmickey75

We were there in October 15' as a family of 4. We sat inside but would of rather sat outside on the water. I would not use the DDP there and if we did it again would get several things to try and split them. The food was above average but not great. Portions were good but just not worth the 2 credits.

JusticeDisney

Just ate there a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Great atmosphere, the service was fantastic and the food was phenomenal. I have no idea if it is worth it as far as the DDP goes because I never use that, but I would otherwise highly recommend it.

21stamps

We did the DDP last year and did 3 meals OOP - I found it better to pay out of pocket for meals that required 2 credits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom