Is the 7 month window enough to get AKL during the slow seasons?

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am looking at the resale market for DVC. We would like to stay at AKL most of the time, but I am having trouble finding the deal I want. If I was to buy SSR or some other resort, what are my chances of getting a room at AKL in May, Aug, Sept or Oct?

disneyeater

The safe bet - buy where you want to stay. The right resale contract will eventually come along.

Agree with this. While I have never had a problem getting into AKL @ 7 months, it is not yet sold out, so it is possible that won't hold true. If you are sure you will stay there most of the time, your best bet is to buy there.

Also, if you are interested in the standard view or concierge rooms, home resort advantage is a must.

tissandtully

AKL is pretty easy to get, it's always coming up as available when I search for dates that are pretty close to when I'm looking.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I think everyone is correct. Your safe bet is to buy where you want. However, AKLV aren't hard to get into (especially since they built the new wing). Whether or not that will always be the case is an unknown.

Disneykidder

I just booked AKL Kidani Savanna view last week for our August trip (split stay with BLT) and it is 5 months out. Jambo, on the other hand, was booked. AKL is easier to get than most other resorts. SSR always seems to be available, too. But, as others have said, you should purchase where you'd like to stay the most. We purchased BLT because my hubby really likes that resort and the location to MK, our fav park, is perfect. BLT is hard to get so that's why we did that.

Good luck and welcome to the DVC family.:)

awilliams4

If you aren't set on a standard view, I would say that 7 months out for AKV should be no problem at all except during the busiest times of the year.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
AK seems to have a lot of availability on the resale market. Something will probably come up soon that interests you. It's a long time commitment so it's worth waiting to get what you want for the next 40+ years.

StarWarsGirl

You probably could; we have a friend who got it five days in advance (he was joking around with his five year old grandson about going to Disney, and his grandson started packing, so he just called up, got a room, hopped in the car and drove down. Anyway...) but like the earlier advice said, buy where you want to stay. It's the safest way to go. You don't want to get stuck staying someplace you really don't want to be, or worse yet, waiting and then not being able to get something.

disneyfan1995

I think AKL is pretty easy to get. We just stayed there, only for one night, but booked it in like January and this was during the peak spring break season.

Southampton11968

I purchased my DVC from resale and got a GREAT deal about 2 years ago, my home resort is OKW. I've been to WDW several times (including the AKL) and Aulani twice with no problems getting my reservations. The 7 month window is fine if you go on off times, mainly when kids are in school. You should have not problem getting into the AKL in Sept or Oct.

dreamfinder

This is the BEST advice :).

Now - having said that.... AKL is routinely on the WDW "Discount List" for reduced room rate discount offers. This occurs when WDW can't get people to stay at a place - they don't discount rooms that they can get full price for.

So - CURRENTLY, I suspect you would have no problem at ALL booking AKL at 7 months... or even 3 :).

I think this is actually flip flopped based off of recent discounts. The most recently announced discount is as follows

• 5% off - All-Star Movies, Coronado Springs (suites), Port Orleans-French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savannah view), Animal Kingdom Villas, some Deluxe suites
  • 15% off - Art of Animation (family suites), Pop Century, All-Star Sports, All-Star Music (standard rooms)
  • 20% off - Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs (standard rooms only), Port Orleans-Riverside, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge
  • 30% off - Deluxe and Deluxe Villa rooms other than listed above
Which to me indicates that people are actually wanting to stay at AKV.

OP - will you be able to get something? Most likely. Especially if you are a bit flexible with your dayes. However odds are it may be Savannah view Kidani. Nothing wrong with that, but it will take more points than a standard room, so keep that in mind when thinking about how many points to buy.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Original Poster
We have put a deposit on 211 points at AKL through The Timeshare Store. They have been great. We love AKL but wouldn't stay there if we couldn't get a Savannah View room. I'm glad to hear that they are the last to go. Thank you all for your help.

toolsnspools

If you're going to stay at AKL, get the savannah view. It is worth the extra points. There's nothing quite like watching giraffes having breakfast while you're enjoying your morning coffee on the veranda.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom