Is RnRC TOO short a ride?

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
One of my favorite rides throughout WDW is the Rock n Roller Coaster. How can you not love that initial blast of speed and those Aerosmith tunes blasting in your ear as you race through the ride? My only real problem with it is how short a ride it really is (1:22, not including the pre-show which is 3:12). I can't imagine space issues were part of the planning here as they have ample space in that area to have made it at least a 2 minute+ ride. Anyone else feel the same?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
yeah it's pretty short. thank goodness for fastpass :) I still <3 RNRC and would love to ride it with the lights on sometime!

The Empress Lilly

To me it's not so much too short. The problem is more that the climax is at the beginning, followed by the funnest ride parts, and from there it just sort of fizzles out.

Still a great ride though.

slappy magoo

I can't imagine space issues were part of the planning here as they have ample space in that area to have made it at least a 2 minute+ ride.

Just because there appears to be ample space within the building doesn't mean they had enough space to make the necessary turns and/or loops to make the physics of a bigger roller coaster ride work. It's not like they could make a sudden right angle to jam as much track in the space as can fit and still expect the coaster to function.

acishere

It seems about the average length for a launch coaster. They have to take physics into account when making these. To launch at that speed it can only travel so far before it becomes too slow to really be any fun.

graphite1326

It seems about the average length for a launch coaster. They have to take physics into account when making these. To launch at that speed it can only travel so far before it becomes too slow to really be any fun.
It gets pretty slow as it is. I think the ride is about the right length of time. Any longer and it would get boring. However, they would have to add another song.

DisneyPrincess5

For me its perfect. I have a touch of a claustrophobia issues so I don't like being in a ride with shoulder harnesses but the ride is really great so the length of time for me is perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom