Is it worth visiting HS during the Christmas season?

My family is going to WDW for 3 & 1/2 days during December. We have never been during the Christmas season. Is there any reason we should visit HS? Are they doing anything for the holidays? Any feedback would be appreciated!

wdwfan4ver

There is rumors of DHS having 2 new showsduring the Christmas season this year, but that hasn't been confirmed by Disney. The only thing Disney confirmed is having Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! returning.

Upvote 0

Cowboy Steve

Jingle Bell Jingle BAM is a good idea in concept, but the layout of the viewing area (for me anyway) kinda made it hard to find a good spot to see the show. Unless you wanted to camp out your spot an hour before the show. We have done 3 days before... once... but never again. We split our week long trip between Universal and WDW - 3 days at each. We did a full day in MK and AK, and split the third day between HS and EPCOT. Ugh... left feeling incomplete lol! As it turned out, 2 weekdays in early December would have been plenty for Universal, as December is very slow. Heck I could have laid down on the curb during one of the parades and not come close to touching another person. Felt like I was watching a rehearsal :D

Upvote 0

Herdman

We went during the Christmas season for the first time also last year, but we had 5 days in the parks. We enjoyed JBJB, but I would agree that the viewing area is not the greatest. I don't quite understand the good people of this forum who talk about HS being a nothing or a half day park. Does anyone not ride their favorite attractions more than once anymore? We always ride the big 3 at least twice. We go to all the shows, go to Fantasmic. We're always there from rope drop to close, and living with two females we don't even do any of the Star Wars stuff except for Star Tours. But that's just us.

Upvote 0

Rudyard Kipling

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, at this point I think we planning to skip it, even though Fantasmic is my favorite. For our trip I'm planning to do one full day at AK, one full day at MK with the Party, a full day at Epcot, and the half day at MK.

Upvote 0

Cowboy Steve

We went during the Christmas season for the first time also last year, but we had 5 days in the parks. We enjoyed JBJB, but I would agree that the viewing area is not the greatest. I don't quite understand the good people of this forum who talk about HS being a nothing or a half day park. Does anyone not ride their favorite attractions more than once anymore? We always ride the big 3 at least twice. We go to all the shows, go to Fantasmic. We're always there from rope drop to close, and living with two females we don't even do any of the Star Wars stuff except for Star Tours. But that's just us.
Totally agree with you here. I can easily spend the entire day at HS. Disney Fiancé and I are both HUGE Star Wars fans... so we have to shoehorn all that in as well as everything else. In fact, we have an extra 1/2 day scheduled for either AK or HS. Just depends on how things go at AK, as we have some things we would like to do there we have not done before. This trip is just the 2 of us, so we can dedicate a little more time to what we want to do that didn't necessarily interest other family members on previous trips. Plus Pandora is open, so that will eat up some extra time. Wish the park stayed open a little later in December!

Upvote 0

SSH

We're going for 4 days in Dec and think we're going to bypass HS entirely. It'll be the first time we don't go in all the years since that park opened. Osborne was amazing and one of the main reasons we visited multiple times in one trip.

With that gone and so much construction, I'd rather wait until mid/late 2018 when some of these projects will be done. We love AK, so I'd rather spend the extra time there and visit Universal.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Like all the parks, it will be decorated for Christmas - big tree at entrance, lights, wreaths, music. If there are rides your family enjoys, by all means visit. But I wouldn't make it a "our vacation will be ruined!" plan primarily because of all the construction and the retirement of the Osborne lights. It will be a completely different park in 2019 - the IP park...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom