Is it worth buying park to park tickets just to see both HPW?

disney_exotic101

Original Poster
I've never been to Universal orlando and I don't know how big the park is. I really want to see both Harry potter parks but not sure if I will have the time to explore both parks or even worth the price. I only have time to stay there for one day.

If you say only visit one park, which park would you recommend going? Diagon alley or hogsmeade?

Texas84

I thought the park to park was worth it to experience the Express. Did Diagon first, then MiB, Express to Hogsmeade, rode that one, had lunch, did some IoA rides, Express back to London, more rides in US. Had an hour left and wanted to see Springfield but it was all closed. Then went to Despicable Me and it had a 50 minute wait.

You can't do it all in both parks so pick your must-sees. If it's off peak you probably could do everything in 1.5 days.

My cousin was new to both and she liked Hogsmeade better. They are both amazing.

disney_exotic101

Original Poster
I thought the park to park was worth it to experience the Express. Did Diagon first, then MiB, Express to Hogsmeade, rode that one, had lunch, did some IoA rides, Express back to London, more rides in US. Had an hour left and wanted to see Springfield but it was all closed. Then went to Despicable Me and it had a 50 minute wait.

You can't do it all in both parks so pick your must-sees. If it's off peak you probably could do everything in 1.5 days.

My cousin was new to both and she liked Hogsmeade better. They are both amazing.

Thanks for the input. You gave me some good ideas to go off from.

danpam1024

yes- totally worth it- I don't think a park to park is even that much more. DA is my fav HP "land" when it comes to detail, but I LOVE FJ and the Public Conveniences in Hogsmead

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ok thanks for the input. Where you able to explore both parks in one day?
You'd be able to walk both parks in one day, and do quite a bit of the rides, but there's no way you'd be able to fully experience both parks in one day. There's just too much to see and do. I'd say each park really needs about a day and a half each to truly appreciate.

Bairstow

No I don't really like rollercoasters. And I'll be going in the winter time so wet rides would be a no-go.
Any other suggestions?

Hm. In that case you may be better off just doing the Studios.
Without Hulk, the Dragons, Ripsaw Falls, Jurassic Park, or Bilge Rat Barges, Islands becomes a lot less attractive.

On the bright side, if all you're going to do is ride the Hogwarts Express over and to Forbidden Journey and Spiderman, it wouldn't take too long.
If you end the day at Islands, which I recommend you do, you could enjoy seeing Hogsmeade and the Jurassic Park area at night, both of which are really impressively lit.

Texas84

Agree on Spiderman. It's fun and not that extreme. It's cartoony enough that the effects don't bother you much. We also did the Poseidon's Fury show but that would take up a large chunk of time. Really cheesy show but I love it. It's like a show within a tour.

danpam1024

Ok thanks for the input. Where you able to explore both parks in one day?
I am a passholder and go all the time. I'm never in any kind of hurry, so could I personally see everything in one day in BOTH parks- no. I could probably hit all the main attractions if I had to but I don't like going balls to the wall on vacation (anymore) :)

Frankie The Beer

We visited Universal on our last trip a couple weeks ago and both parks were pretty dead. Several wait times were drastically incorrect, for example Gringrotts supposedly had a 25 minute wait and it was a walk on every time we rode it, so I wouldn't buy any kind of express pass unless I knew for sure the parks were legitimately busy.

As for getting tickets for both parks, if the parks are not busy you can pretty much get through both of the high points for each park pretty fast with a lot of time to spare to check out the lesser attractions or repeat your favorites.

rd805

Yes it is worth it. Just like a parkhopper, if one seems full, YOU GET TO RIDE AN ATTRACTION to go to the other park. If it's a hot day, hop on over to Islands of Adventure for Water Rides.

I did Transformers, into Diagon Alley, to MIB, Simpsons, then hopped over to Islands of Adventure for Hogwarts, Spidy, other big ones.

DO IT!

Bairstow

In mid October, in one day, we were able to do:

Escape from Gringotts (wait was ~80 minutes due to breakdowns)
Mummy (twice)
Men in Black
Hogwarts Express
******PARK CHANGE*****
Fire Dragon
Ice Dragon
Forbidden Journey
The Cat in the Hat
Hulk
Doctor Doom's FearFall
Spiderman
Jurassic Park
Camp Jurassic
Ripsaw Falls
Bluto's Bilge Rat Barges
****PARK CHANGE****
Simpsons Ride
Transformers

Now keep in mind this was using Express Pass, early park entry, and going at full park-commando pace all day until park closing.
We also had a second day to mop up anything we didn't get done on the first one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom