Is it safe to fly Delta Airlines?

PattyBell

Original Poster
Please, help me...I have never flown by Delta Airlines...
We are leaving from Brazil to NY after a couple of days there we are going to Orlando and then back to Brazil.

Is it safe to fly Delta Airlines? Is it a good company?
I am afraid of flying and I am scared about some things I have read at the internet.

Thanks.

The Mom

Premium Member
My only complaint with Delta is that every flight from here has to go through Atlanta, which adds another 3 hours to my travel time, as you have to have more time than average between flights because of the airport.

So, I try not to use them. I don't think they've had more safety issues than any other airline? :shrug:

PattyBell

Original Poster
Thanks The Mon...as Delta is not very known here I am a bit insecure and, like I said, I have panic of flying I am a little afraid.

Some times I have take pills to sleep...only my live for WDW makes me be brave.

DisneyGigi

I have never flown on anything but Delta. They are great except as the Mom says the layover in Atlanta takes awhile here.

Disney_Belle

I love Delta. Delta and Southwest are my favorite airlines. Southwest is first choice, and Delta next, only because I cannot get a direct flight from Providence to Orlando on Delta lol.

I have flown 100+ times and many of those flights were on Delta, and I never had any problems with them. Always safe, friendly and on time :wave:

trav1921

Safe nice airline, being an airline employee I ve been on em all and delta is one of the best us based airlines there is not to mention the biggest. where are you flying from in brazil.

PattyBell

Original Poster
Safe nice airline, being an airline employee I ve been on em all and delta is one of the best us based airlines there is not to mention the biggest. where are you flying from in brazil.

We'll be taking a plane from Brasilia (Brazil's capital) to São Paulo and from there we'll go to NY, take a car and go to Washington. From Washington we will take a plane to WDW and will be staying there for 2 weeks.

We will leave on january 15.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
A Delta é hoje a maior companhia aérea do mundo. Eles nunca foram a minha companhia favorita, mas não é mau ... Eu só não gosto de fazer a conexão em Atlanta e em minha cidade, existem outras alternativas que o produto oferece uma melhor regionalmente. Com essas exceções, você não precisa se preocupar com nada. Eles voam aviões modernos são regras E.U. da aviação e vôos internacionais, que oferecem um serviço comparável a qualquer outra companhia aérea grande.

PattyBell

Original Poster
A Delta é hoje a maior companhia aérea do mundo. Eles nunca foram a minha companhia favorita, mas não é mau ... Eu só não gosto de fazer a conexão em Atlanta e em minha cidade, existem outras alternativas que o produto oferece uma melhor regionalmente. Com essas exceções, você não precisa se preocupar com nada. Eles voam aviões modernos são regras E.U. da aviação e vôos internacionais, que oferecem um serviço comparável a qualquer outra companhia aérea grande.

Obrigada, adorei ler um post em português. Vc é brasileiro?
Vou pagar nossas passagens amanhã, o preço é que é meio salgado:
U$ 1260 cada passagem.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Obrigada, adorei ler um post em português. Vc é brasileiro?
Vou pagar nossas passagens amanhã, o preço é que é meio salgado:
U$ 1260 cada passagem.
Eu sou de Porto Rico, mas estudou Português na faculdade por 2 anos. Os preços parecem ser razoáveis, mas o que eu recomendo que você verifique as tarifas oferecidas por outras companhias aéreas. Dois sites que eu recomendo para isso são sidestep.com e kayak.com

PattyBell

Original Poster
Eu sou de Porto Rico, mas estudou Português na faculdade por 2 anos. Os preços parecem ser razoáveis, mas o que eu recomendo que você verifique as tarifas oferecidas por outras companhias aéreas. Dois sites que eu recomendo para isso são sidestep.com e kayak.com

Obrigada pela dica, dei uma olhada nas páginas e as passagens etão mais caras.

Parabéns por escrever tão bem em portugês.

Disneybird

I haven't flown on Delta in years, but my husband flies on it very often.

For anyone wanting to know, my daughter reserved seats on Southwest from Baltimore to Orlando for 1/1/10, for $59.

I can certainly sympathize with your fear of flying. I have been afraid to for years, but this past January, my oldest daughter offered me a chance to go to Disneyland if I would fly. Believe me I did alot of praying before, during and after my flights, but it wasn't bad at all. I just decided that I could either start flying or sit at home. My husband and I returned from a trip to Vegas and Calif., last week, flew on Frontier (great flight) and Amer. Airlines (also a good flight). That's twice for me in one year. So I'm definitely getting braver. I found that it helped if I turned the air on me while taking off, tried to remember what the bumps were near the beginning of the flights (wheels), and eventually started looking out the window at the scenery. Just remember what your goal is at the end of the flight (WDW), and good luck.

Uncle Lupe

I have only flown Delta, and have been flying them for 25 years. Never had any issues. I do miss the wing pins they would give you as a kid. Not all flights have to go into Atlanta. Sometimes just switching airports can get you a direct flight.

PattyBell

Original Poster

Obrigada pela sugestão. Olhei nesses sites e as passagens estão mais caras do que o preço que vou pagar.

PattyBell

Original Poster
I haven't flown on Delta in years, but my husband flies on it very often.

For anyone wanting to know, my daughter reserved seats on Southwest from Baltimore to Orlando for 1/1/10, for $59.

I can certainly sympathize with your fear of flying. I have been afraid to for years, but this past January, my oldest daughter offered me a chance to go to Disneyland if I would fly. Believe me I did alot of praying before, during and after my flights, but it wasn't bad at all. I just decided that I could either start flying or sit at home. My husband and I returned from a trip to Vegas and Calif., last week, flew on Frontier (great flight) and Amer. Airlines (also a good flight). That's twice for me in one year. So I'm definitely getting braver. I found that it helped if I turned the air on me while taking off, tried to remember what the bumps were near the beginning of the flights (wheels), and eventually started looking out the window at the scenery. Just remember what your goal is at the end of the flight (WDW), and good luck.

When I travel I go praying all the time, sometimes crying. I really don´t konw what is wrong, I feel my heart racing madly and when there is turbulance sometimes I feel like I can´t breath.

On my trip to the WDW in november/2007 I was ok onthe fly going there, but from Miami to São Paulo (coming back) I came crying with my DH holding my hand and the flight atendent holding the other one and my DD sleeping on my lap.

After that I have flown inside Brazil, just a little crying but it was ok.

On abril/2009 went to WDW again, this time no crying I was really brave.

Last week we went to the beach (Fortaleza) and I was OK, just a little afraid, but for the next trip we will be flying for +-12 hours to NY, and I am panicing a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom