Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

AEfx

I still think "IF" Indy replaces Dinosaur...Then it will become the first steps of the name change and as I have stated before on this forum that it will be called Disney's Adventure Kingdom...

I think Indy replacing Dinosaur is merely a fan-created notion based on the fact it shares the same layout as Indy in California. I have no doubt that any new attraction will be, well, new. It doesn't make sense to make a clone 20+ years later, they would just be shoe-horning themselves in.

I also would be willing to place a wager that Disney isn't going to name any park using the word "Adventure". There was too much consumer confusion over having two "studios" parks, given the nearly limitless options, I just don't see them going down that route.

doctornick

I think Indy replacing Dinosaur is merely a fan-created notion based on the fact it shares the same layout as Indy in California. I have no doubt that any new attraction will be, well, new. It doesn't make sense to make a clone 20+ years later, they would just be shoe-horning themselves in.

I would hope it is not a realistic consideration. Dinosaur is a quality ride and there is no reason it would need to be changed. And DAK needs additional rides, not wasting money on existing ones that are perfectly functional.

Replacing Dinorama makes some sense if they want to improve the quality of the park in general (though it wouldn't be the top priority in my opinion, not until they add some more attractions elsewhere to deal with the loss of the two Dinorama rides during re-purposing). But Dinosaur doesn't have that issue.

Cmdr_Crimson

I also would be willing to place a wager that Disney isn't going to name any park using the word "Adventure".

Tell that to that western park about that situation...;)
Disney_California_Adventure_logo.png

Last edited:

AEfx

Tell that to that western park about that situation...;)

That has nothing to do with the Orlando situation.

They are not going to make the same exact mistake they made with the Studios again by changing their name from being similar to one UO park to another UO park.

It's not even sensible - drop the "Studios" moniker that confused guests with one Universal park, just to pick up the "Adventure" moniker from the other Universal park?

I mean, that's just stupid.

AEfx

I would hope it is not a realistic consideration. Dinosaur is a quality ride and there is no reason it would need to be changed. And DAK needs additional rides, not wasting money on existing ones that are perfectly functional.

Replacing Dinorama makes some sense if they want to improve the quality of the park in general (though it wouldn't be the top priority in my opinion, not until they add some more attractions elsewhere to deal with the loss of the two Dinorama rides during re-purposing). But Dinosaur doesn't have that issue.

Exactly. Dinorama can torn down and just have plant life added turning it into a walkway. Dinosaur is the only "thrilling" dark ride at the resort. And while folks give it a lot of crap because of various aspects, it's a ride in the dark with Dinosaurs...I honestly can't see Disney even considering removing/overlaying it.

jt04

Exactly. Dinorama can torn down and just have plant life added turning it into a walkway. Dinosaur is the only "thrilling" dark ride at the resort. And while folks give it a lot of crap because of various aspects, it's a ride in the dark with Dinosaurs...I honestly can't see Disney even considering removing/overlaying it.

You don't understand the Disney product then.

Cmdr_Crimson

It's the only ride with Dino's now since UoE closed...:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom