Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

FullSailDan

I don't know that I'm really in the minority here as I've heard many people say they feel similar to what I do:

I don't enjoy Dinosaur at all, I'm a thrill ride junkie, and it's the only ride I've ever told a group to ride without me. The ride effects and "theme" currently make it not fun. Most of the ride is in the dark, being whipped around, and really loud noises go off suddenly with little connection to what you're seeing. There is a sprinkling of dinosaurs through out and the quality of their motion is poor. I much prefer the indy ride in DL.

So I'd welcome ANY sort of upgrade this may receive.

Can we also discuss the height requirement for Primeval Whirl being higher than everest? I'm the first to defend adult rides, but.. it's a mouse coaster that should be attracting kids in an area of a park designed to keep kids busy, and most of them can't ride it.... Dinoland is so messy.

Notes from Neverland

I'm split on this. Personally, Indy in AK makes a lot of sense to me. Beyond the jungle theme which I already tie to Indy, the idea of conserving the past is a major theme with Indy. He's trying to protect the artifacts of old. That's not the exact same as conservation and animals, but it's at least along the same lines.

That being said, something original and unique would be fun too.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm split on this. Personally, Indy in AK makes a lot of sense to me. Beyond the jungle theme which I already tie to Indy, the idea of conserving the past is a major theme with Indy. He's trying to protect the artifacts of old. That's not the exact same as conservation and animals, but it's at least along the same lines.

That being said, something original and unique would be fun too.
Totally agree. Arguing what's "suitable" for AK is like arguing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Bottom line, it's Disney's park, and if the Bobs and/or someone else in charge like the idea, then Indy will be coming to AK.

YodaMan

This sounds plausible. We all agree Dinoland and its inclusion of Dinorama is one of the last "weak" spots of DAK. And there's currently no real way to take out Dinorama and flesh out Dinoland using the current model of "there has to be an IP." So instead of creating a dinosaur-related franchise that could be used in the land or shoehorning in an IP that has nothing to do with dinosaurs, the whole land will get redone.

That being said, if we get an entire Indiana Jones Land right after we just got an Avatar Land (especially with a park across the way dedicated to film-based lands from acquired IP), I'll be disappointed. BUT, if they really turn Dinoland into South America by re-theming Dinosaur to Indiana Jones, giving us a new ride or animal trail in the Dinorama plot that's based on real South American animals, and finally tie Theatre in the Wild into the rest of the land and give us a new show, then I'm on board.

Nickels5

Like I said, I don't know what IP were talking about but it wouldn't surprise me.

Avatar is in a jungle. Indy goes in the jungle. DAK has jungle. That'll be enough.
Is there any scenario where the dinosaur theme stays at they just update Chester and Hester's? call me crazy but I feel like Dino's merchandise moves way better then indys. Dinosaur is a unique ride that we only have at wdw and I would hate to lose it to a clone on the west coast.

hpyhnt 1000

Good grief, when will this madness of stuffing square IP franchises into round theme park holes end? It's bad enough we just lost Universe of Energy and The Great Movie Ride to (likely) thematically and technologically inferior replacements - can't the Bobs and the rest of corporate Disney take 5 minutes and come to their senses?

I know this is all rumor and not remotely set in stone, but heavens if it doesn't feel like another punch to the gut.

TiggerDad

DinosaurEggs_e.jpg
oooh, camels and a dog! :p

FigmentJedi

This sounds plausible. We all agree Dinoland and its inclusion of Dinorama is one of the last "weak" spots of DAK. And there's currently no real way to take out Dinorama and flesh out Dinoland using the current model of "there has to be an IP." So instead of creating a dinosaur-related franchise that could be used in the land or shoehorning in an IP that has nothing to do with dinosaurs, the whole land will get redone.

That being said, if we get an entire Indiana Jones Land right after we just got an Avatar Land (especially with a park across the way dedicated to film-based lands from acquired IP), I'll be disappointed. BUT, if they really turn Dinoland into South America by re-theming Dinosaur to Indiana Jones, giving us a new ride or animal trail in the Dinorama plot that's based on real South American animals, and finally tie Theatre in the Wild into the rest of the land and give us a new show, then I'm on board.
Considering Indiana Jones's pulp adventure tone and Lucasfilm's desire to have their parks stuff tell new stories instead of retreading past ground, I could definitely see this being an "Indiana Jones and the Lost World" thing more then them just doing South America. Especially if Rohde wishes to maintain the "Extinct Animals alongside Real and Imaginary ones" thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom