Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Karakasa

You also do not go to a Zoo to see dinosaurs
*smug grin*

AAAAAACTUALLY, most animal scientists agree birds are a type of dinosaur and- *is shoved into a locker*

Seriously though, it's sad to see so many people conflate Dinorama with Dinoland as a whole. I guess since you have to see it whenever you want to get to Dinosaur it cannot be helped... But still...

Sam Magic

Hmmmmmmmm.

Me likey. Maybe South America could include a walking trail and a new family friendly area with a cool D Ticket based on Shanghai's Peter Pan:

Paradise Falls.

Also Nemo should move to DHS.
They should just expand the Sea's by adding a theater and putting Nemo there. Epcot needs a good people eater show anyways in Future World. Not to mention, it wouldn't require a rethemeing and would give more to do in the pavilion.

RSoxNo1

The name DisneySea is a play on the name Disneyland. Haha, get it? Someone thought they were funny. The original concept fit the name more, but now, I suppose just as Disneyland isn't about land, DisneySea isn't really about the sea.

You could argue that the theme is does have is vague, and I agree, but the fact that it's a stellar park in only a two-park resort makes that less of an issue. I honestly do not think that a four-park resort can thrive without more distinct themes. Of course there's no example to point to, and I hope WDW doesn't become that example.
Each land is tied back to the Sea and in some ways S.E.A. in a few different ways. My concern has been that many additions tear away from that like the Toy Story pier area and the Nemo Searider. Conversely though, the way they're integrating Soarin' seems to be a perfect fit, it just eliminates that from a 3rd park called DisneyAir.
Can't wait for DisneyAir!!

View attachment 223365
Get out of my head.

RSoxNo1

Kali has the conservation of nature angle. When it opened, you started in a "forest" but then moved into an area that was being clear-cut, complete with simulated fires that actually smoked and the sound effects of running chainsaws cutting more. It was supposed to expose you to just how destructive the clear-cutting process can be. My memory is a bit vague, as I haven't ridden it in a very long time (I dont like walking around soaked, and that ride isn't worth it), i also cannot say how many of these effect have been removed or turned off.
That's a fair point as the only real scene of the attraction. I don't think it's overtly clear but that scene can be jarring I guess.

RSoxNo1

Recently added to AK:
  • Oct 2015: Water Buffalo
  • Dec 2015: Painted Dogs
  • Dec 2016: Rare Lion-Tailed Macaques
  • Jan 2017: Animals that were removed from the Discovery Island Trails around the Tree of Life were returned (they could have just been removed permanently). These include: red kangaroos, lesser flamingos, white storks, lappet-faced vultures

What species does AK not have that you think they should add?
They added Hyenas at the same time they added the African Wild Dogs.

I fully flushed out Asian Safari could add a lot more to the park, but it seems unlikely. As beautiful as the Maharajah Jungle Trek trail is, I feel that it and/or Kali could go away/be re-designed to incorporate more Asian animals like Asian Elephants, Snow Leopards, Orangutans, Red Pandas and Giant Pandas. However, there seems to be a belief that Disney does not want to open a new/major animal exhibit for fear of backlash.

Amidala

Hmmmmmmmm.

Me likey. Maybe South America could include a walking trail and a new family friendly area with a cool D Ticket based on Shanghai's Peter Pan:

Paradise Falls.

I really do love this idea. I remember saying a while back that a Paradise Falls recreation (w/ Carl's house w/ the balloons on top) would be a really great addition to a South American area of DAK (maybe including some of the plant-life seen in the movie, and Kevin), but an actual attraction would be even better.

Definitely a pipe dream though.

Do we have any idea how solid the rumors on Indy taking over Dinosaur are at this point? Still leery on this, but I would be able to make my peace w/ Dinosaur being rethemed if it means that entire area will get an overhaul along w/ it (and look and feel as thematically impressive as all the other areas of DAK by the end of it).

BenJacobs

I really do love this idea. I remember saying a while back that a Paradise Falls recreation (w/ Carl's house w/ the balloons on top) would be a really great addition to a South American area of DAK (maybe including some of the plant-life seen in the movie, and Kevin), but an actual attraction would be even better.

Definitely a pipe dream though.

Do we have any idea how solid the rumors on Indy taking over Dinosaur are at this point? Still leery on this, but I would be able to make my peace w/ Dinosaur being rethemed if it means that entire area will get an overhaul along w/ it (and look and feel as thematically impressive as all the other areas of DAK by the end of it).

The rumours aren't solid at all, they only seem solid because they've been talked about more than usual.

No Name

If they really want Indy in the park just turn Dinoland into the long desired South American land and put the Indy ride from TDS in and allow for room to talk about South America's unique biodiversity in the land. Take the section of empty land above Asia and turn into a lost worlds kinda thing with dinosaurs and prehistoric but lost creatures/fantasy creatures. I'll just post S.W. Wilson's idealbuildout for DAK because that should happen:
Blog%2B-%2BAK%2B2016.png

I mostly like that plan because the park gets a South America land, but Dinosaurs (and exctinct animals) are still represented. And it all feels more natural than DinoLand, which is set in the present day, and therefore Dinosaur, which has a heavy science fiction premise.

Only gripe is, I think extinct animal attractions should be divided into their respective continents instead of having their own land, and that plot can be saved for Europe or Australia. Expedition Everest in Asia really changed the park organization, and it would be messy to now go against that. Especially when there are so many unrepresented continents.

Of course leadership would have to drastically change if any of that were to happen. And oh, just want to echo that SW Wilson is a great artist with this stuff.

fgmnt

Gotta wonder why they'd be led to turbo overlay an existing ride and theme an existing land instead of following through on the Boneyard roller coaster while detonating dinorama

sedati

Simple solution:
Indiana Jones 5 sees Dr. Jones heading off to the Congo River basin in search of the "one who stops the flow of rivers," also known as Mokele-Mbembe.
Disney's already been to this well before, certainly you all remember 1985's "Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom