Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Sam Magic

If they really want Indy in the park just turn Dinoland into the long desired South American land and put the Indy ride from TDS in and allow for room to talk about South America's unique biodiversity in the land. Take the section of empty land above Asia and turn into a lost worlds kinda thing with dinosaurs and prehistoric but lost creatures/fantasy creatures. I'll just post S.W. Wilson's idealbuildout for DAK because that should happen:
Blog%2B-%2BAK%2B2016.png

Kristamouse

I think I have read all 40 pages, is an AK Indy attraction confirmed?
And I though Indy was both and Anthropologist and Archeologists...

SoManyWasps

Oh I remember it well. There were only a few of us pushing back. I think most of Imagineering had doubts too. Indy is much less controversial by comparison.
Indy is also really versatile in terms of adaptability (though I find the inclusion of a dinosaur on an Indiana Jones adventure a stretch). The key will be if and when the next film actually happens. If it ends up in development hell, I doubt Indy to AK actually happens.

FigmentJedi

Indy is also really versatile in terms of adaptability (though I find the inclusion of a dinosaur on an Indiana Jones adventure a stretch). The key will be if and when the next film actually happens. If it ends up in development hell, I doubt Indy to AK actually happens.
As mentioned earlier, there have been tie-in books of Indiana Jones encountering living dinosaurs and apparently George's original idea for a second Indy film was going to be a dinosaur movie.
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/little-known-sci-fi-fact-lucas-wanted-indiana-jones-2-be-dinosaur-movie

SoManyWasps

Disney Lover Addie

I think they choose IJ because the IJ ride at Disneyland CA has the same track layout as dinosaur. Wish it would go to DHS though. Cmon Disney! You have thousands of great ANIMAL I.P's. Just think, Lion King, Zootopia, maybe Robin Hood. Anyone have Disney Animal I.P's? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

The Duck

If they really want Indy in the park just turn Dinoland into the long desired South American land and put the Indy ride from TDS in and allow for room to talk about South America's unique biodiversity in the land. Take the section of empty land above Asia and turn into a lost worlds kinda thing with dinosaurs and prehistoric but lost creatures/fantasy creatures. I'll just post S.W. Wilson's idealbuildout for DAK because that should happen:
Blog%2B-%2BAK%2B2016.png
I would pay to see that.

Amidala

I think they choose IJ because the IJ ride at Disneyland CA has the same track layout as dinosaur. Wish it would go to DHS though. Cmon Disney! You have thousands of great ANIMAL I.P's. Just think, Lion King, Zootopia, maybe Robin Hood. Anyone have Disney Animal I.P's? Would love to hear everyone's thoughts.

We've seen so many Lion King shows but I'm shocked that we've never had a quality TLK dark ride or coaster or "ride." It's got to be one of the most recognizable Disney movies to come out of the 90s renaissance, or to come out of Disney period...and it's one of the few IPs that truly does fit DAK. I'm iffy on Zootopia and Robin Hood, though, which are stories about animals who look and act like people.

Jungle Book would definitely make for a cool ride (although I'm assuming they would be hesitant to try this after the Jungle Book show). Tarzan obviously works and has been used (to some extent) at DAK in the past. And Bambi would be a solid tie-in to conservation, but I don't think the location & kinds of animals found in that movie are "exotic" enough to fit DAK. Same w/ Fox and the Hound I guess.

Mike S

Blog%2B-%2BAK%2B2016.png
Hmmmmmmmm.

Me likey. Maybe South America could include a walking trail and a new family friendly area with a cool D Ticket based on Shanghai's Peter Pan:

Paradise Falls.

Also Nemo should move to DHS.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think I have read all 40 pages, is an AK Indy attraction confirmed?
And I though Indy was both and Anthropologist and Archeologists...

Not confirmed. And if it is coming, probably at least two years from even starting.

Just read Indy's Wiki page, no mention of paleontologist.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
They can include an homage to the Dinosaur attraction by having a T-rex snap at the car as it zooms by a crevice in the wall...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom