Is Disney World ours? And therefore,"those People" shouldn't be able to enjoy what we can't afford?

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Just wanting hear everyone's take on this. A recent article repeatedly referred to "those people" and indicated the after hours event was so "those people" wouldn't have to rub elbows with commoners.

Why is the heartburn so severe? Is it Disney World is ours? And we shouldn't be shut out of special events or anything else way to pricey? Or is there more to it than that?

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I don't understand the issue. If you can afford it, then you get to do it, just like literally everything else in the world.
I'm with ya.... as of late it just seems a lot of people are having issues with the state of Disney and the price increases, special events, etc...

And how have you been? Its been a minute....

rufio

I'm with ya.... as of late it just seems a lot of people are having issues with the state of Disney and the price increases, special events, etc...

And how have you been? Its been a minute....

Haha! I've been good, but away from the boards for awhile. I was a little surprised by all the doom and gloom I walked into! We actually moved to Orlando last October, so I'm much closer to the World now! ;)

epcotisbest

Just wanting hear everyone's take on this. A recent article repeatedly referred to "those people" and indicated the after hours event was so "those people" wouldn't have to rub elbows with commoners.

Why is the heartburn so severe? Is it Disney World is ours? And we shouldn't be shut out of special events or anything else way to pricey? Or is there more to it than that?
When I first read about the after hours events I thought it was an interesting idea, then I read the price and immediately decided it was not for me. If someone else wants to pay that for a less crowded few hours, I am happy for them, and for Disney. I don't see it as a Disney money grab as so many were quick to refer to it. It is another choice I can make or refuse.

JIMINYCR

Sooooo sick of hearing people cry and complain that they cant do things others can do because of the cost. Nothing is being done to shut "those people" out. Any event or any extra thing comes with a cost. Its available for anyone that wants to pay the price.... which means saving for it. Ever since I was a young child I learned nothing was going to be free and everything you wanted in life had to be earned. So if I want to do an after hours event I'm going to have to find a way to save for it, work for it and then when I've met my goal I'm going to enjoy it more. Too many people now want or expect everything to be either given to them for free or if someone has something, they think they are entitled to having it too. But the ones who have, have worked for it... you havent. So stop crying like a baby and get to work earning your way.

Goofyernmost

I guess I feel that way as well. I have mentioned that Disney has priced me out now, but, I don't have any kind of feeling for those that can afford it. Let's face it, anyone with a remaining balance on their credit cards think they can afford it. I have about 20K available on my credit cards, but, I have no intention of spending it for that, even if I wanted too, and I won't. When I stayed onsite I could have used EMH, but, I didn't want to even though it didn't cost any extra for me. It is easier for me because I have been there so often, I have no desire to spend extra to see things I have already seen multiple times. For those that really believe that this is a one and only trip... maybe it is worth it for them.

DManRightHere

I prefer extra ticketed events as opposed to "skip the line" deals. I feel like that can directly effect the folks who do not want to pay extra when in the park.

I just hope this does not negatively change EMH for resort guests. I've already been told it will though.

Goofyernmost

Well, since I own Disney stock, the place is mine, and therefore. ..... I feel as if we should have –" a family park where parents and children could have fun- together.” I don't know where I heard that before though.
Yup, some fairly insane person came up with that saying. What did he know? It's a park for adults and all children should be banned or at the very least all of DHS should be trashed and changed into a huge daycare. Were families can leave their children to play on the swings and monkey bars while the parents have fun together. The place is too good for children.;)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Disney has definitely bumped me out of my price range now... But that's just how things go. Especially if it isn't hurting them at all and there are STILL more people coming.

It just won't be me... I'll have to get used to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Luckily, that's a gorgeous park.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
When I first read about the after hours events I thought it was an interesting idea, then I read the price and immediately decided it was not for me. If someone else wants to pay that for a less crowded few hours, I am happy for them, and for Disney. I don't see it as a Disney money grab as so many were quick to refer to it. It is another choice I can make or refuse.
Well said....

It's a choice. You can choose to do it or not. I choose not.
Is it price? Too late at night?

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Disney has definitely bumped me out of my price range now... But that's just how things go. Especially if it isn't hurting them at all and there are STILL more people coming.

It just won't be me... I'll have to get used to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Luckily, that's a gorgeous park.
Peeps STILL keep coming, in record numbers! Even with price increases!!

That means there is still room to raise prices more without a decrease in quantity demanded........prices could be even higher

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
With all the talk of record crowds, why is there STILL plenty of AP Discounted rooms available for this Spring and Summer? I would think the opposite would be true....right?
There's record crowds, theres official spin, there's park capacity, and there's the type of guest (first timer, foreign, local) and where they are staying.

Put the prices up enough and you have less visitors who still spend more due to the cost. In the short run. Record profit doesn't always equal record crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom