Is Disney a "bunch of white slavers"?

Matt_Black

Exactly. Lucas was just as bad when it came to over-commercializing as Disney. In some ways he was worse. I really can't think of any other movies that have THAT many releases. And before anyone talks about how Lucas was just "finishing his vision" it was more about selling movies and keeping it top of mind in my opinion. Every time a new version would come out with some sort of extra, it was always a huge deal with tons of hype.

And that's not even bringing up those Ewoks films. On the other hand, I do like the idea of a grizzled Wilford Brimley flying around the galaxy, so some good came out of them.

brb1006

And that's not even bringing up those Ewoks films. On the other hand, I do like the idea of a grizzled Wilford Brimley flying around the galaxy, so some good came out of them.
I wonder what George Lucas thinks of the Ewaks animated series from the 80's?

DisneyManOne

His comments were full of hypocritical remarks. The whole thing sounds a bit like sour grapes, to be honest.

And bear in mind, that statement was from a man who thought the Star Wars prequels and Howard the Duck were good ideas, and who unnecessarily updated the original Star Wars trilogy for no other reason because he could.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom