Is Butterbeer dairy-free?

disney_exotic101

Original Poster
When the land first opened I asked the bartender at the hogs head what was in it and he replied that all they could tell me was that it was non-dairy.

Really sorry to bother you with all these questions but.... may i ask which type of butterbeer you got? Was it the frozen or cold? And did they every mention if the foam on top is nondairy also?

Also, are you also allergic to dairy? If you are, did you get a reaction from drinking it?

Thanks a lot!!!

TalkingHead

Really sorry to bother you with all these questions but.... may i ask which type of butterbeer you got? Was it the frozen or cold? And did they every mention if the foam on top is nondairy also?

If Universal says it's non-dairy, then they must mean the foam is non-dairy, too, because the foam is the only reason to drink it. Not to mention, I've never heard of anyone ordering a Butterbeer sans foam. What would be the point?!

lazyboy97o

Universal does seem rather strict about how Butterbeer is prepared, so it would be odd for them to be only speaking of the base and no the foam. Asking Universal Orlando Resort themselves is probably your best way to be reassured.

kap91

The foam is also non dairy - or at least that's the impression they gave. It's made of Similar stuff to cool whip/non dairy whipped topping I believe. Though that part is just a guess.

I got the cold not frozen. Which also tastes better.

Sorry not allergic to dairy, so didn't have a reaction to confirm.

disney_exotic101

Original Poster
If Universal says it's non-dairy, then they must mean the foam is non-dairy, too, because the foam is the only reason to drink it. Not to mention, I've never heard of anyone ordering a Butterbeer sans foam. What would be the point?!

My question seems silly but I have read posts/rumors on here that said that the drink itself is dairy free but the foam is not. And many are disappointed b/c of this reason and was not able to sample this drink. I just want to clarify that the drink plus the foam is safe for me to drink since I am highly allergic to dairy and want to be 100% sure.

disney_exotic101

Original Poster
Universal does seem rather strict about how Butterbeer is prepared, so it would be odd for them to be only speaking of the base and no the foam. Asking Universal Orlando Resort themselves is probably your best way to be reassured.

Yes, I have heard that Universal is strict on how it is made and served. But I will call to be sure. Thanks!

disney_exotic101

Original Poster
The foam is also non dairy - or at least that's the impression they gave. It's made of Similar stuff to cool whip/non dairy whipped topping I believe. Though that part is just a guess.

I got the cold not frozen. Which also tastes better.

Sorry not allergic to dairy, so didn't have a reaction to confirm.

Ok thanks a lot!! Very helpful information!:joyfull:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If it's a severe concern, calling is the best way.

The searches I did to try and help the OP, I found that it seems that JK Rowling insisted that it be dairy free. I'd believe that.

BrerJon

If it's a severe concern, calling is the best way.

The searches I did to try and help the OP, I found that it seems that JK Rowling insisted that it be dairy free. I'd believe that.

The best way is to know for sure is to go to Three Broomsticks or Leaky Cauldron and ask there, because they will have chefs on site to deal with allergy requests, and whose job it is to make sure no-one dies from the food and drink. Just ask to speak to a manager at one of the restaurants and they will ensure you get the correct information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom