Is Art of Disney changing the number of Limited Edition pieces issued?.

Channel One TV

Original Poster
Is Art of Disney changing the number of Limited Edition pieces issued?.

I am a fan and collector of Disney Art and have 2 dozen plus pieces in my collection.

Recently, I found what I believe is a Re-isssue or adding one hundred more number of pieces, to what should have been a closed 95 piece series.

I own 2 of the same print, they are both "Family Time" Disney 101 Dalmatians. The edition is supposed to be limited to 95.

The first print is numbered PP 4/5. the certificate shows the same PP4/5 with a edition count of 95 total. I know that PP is normally PRINTER PROOFS" but again shows a edition size of only 95 pieces?

I just picked up one from Art of Disney as a gift to my Daughter who is a big Dalmatians fan.
This one shows 91 /195, 195 not 95. was there a reissue? The Certificate show the same 91/195.
I just saw another that shows 87/195, “195” not “95”

Did Disney re-issue a hundred new numbers to the series that should have been only 95?
It worries me as this would dilute the number of prints and possibly de-value the prints worth?

I have be to the top of Art of Disney, Ofcourse no one at the ART of Disney can help confirm any information, and the artist just referred me back to Disney for answers.
Who to go to for answers?

Thanks in advance for any clarity anyone can offer.

Bolt

I really don't think they'd change an edition size after printing them - are you sure it wasn't a one off fluke?

Channel One TV

Original Poster
I really don't think they'd change an edition size after printing them - are you sure it wasn't a one off fluke?
Positiveit wasn't a one off as I saw two that had the 195 edition, I went to the artist and had confirmed that the edition was only 95 pieces. I'm sure it may just be an oversight on whoever is issuing the numbers but my biggest problem is I cannot get an answer from anyone at Disney.

Last edited:

Channel One TV

Original Poster
It only takes the teeniest tiniest difference in the pictures to make it a different picture - which can be issued as its own limited edition
Just to clarify, it is the same print, no changes, not hand embleshed, same name. I verified this with the artist. At 695.00 it's not a cheap piece.
I am not an expert in art , but I am An experienced novice and have 25 glicee canvas prints. According to a few of the Disney artists I have spoke with, once the print deal is made, Disney makes the decisions on the number of prints. Generally, the artist has no further interaction or knowledge of the number of prints made. I say generally, because I had Mr Yakovetic help me acquire a copy of a print that was out of print, but never was printed to full 95 of the edition. The big question is who is the Disney go to person to speak to that makes these decisions on the number of prints and keeps the records? That's the money question!

Last edited:

Angry Warlock

Rather than get passed from pillar to post by people denying its their responsibility, my approach tends to be to go in nice and high in an organisation, get someone senior to own your issue and let them decide where the resolution should be delegated to. So much easier - Its not your job to decode their corporate structure.

_ZJ

All Disney merchandise is limited edition--limited to the number they can sell.

Ask a CM sometime how many of those "limited edition" pins/ears/etc. are for sale, and they'll have no clue and oftentimes agree with my initial statement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom