Is anyone else wondering if soarin around the world will have the orange scent?

Goofyernmost

It would be pretty odd to have an "orange" scent on the new ride since there is not a single orange anyplace. I suppose some kid could drop their lunch orange on the floor and that would cause it to smell like oranges.

midnightsun

I hope the grass sent is not very strong, Im allergic and the mere suggestion of grass in my head will make me start itching. lol

I agree! I'm very allergic to grass and just the smell of cut grass sends me in to an allergy fit. Granted, this will be synthetic smells and probably won't have the actually allergens associated with real grass, but concerning none the less.

Goofyernmost

I agree! I'm very allergic to grass and just the smell of cut grass sends me in to an allergy fit. Granted, this will be synthetic smells and probably won't have the actually allergens associated with real grass, but concerning none the less.
That last sentence that you put in there is the key to this. The allergens are particles of, in this case, grass and/or grass pollen. There are no particles in the scent, there are artificial chemical odors. Now you may have an allergy to that chemical compound that is used, but, it wouldn't be a grass allergy. It would be a chemical allergy!

Demeter Tess

Regarding the grass scent, it is STRONG. Obviously the scent is completely artificial and there are no allergens in it, but my gut reaction during the ride was to wrinkle my nose and try not to sneeze. Funny how certain scents do that!

JohnD

My daughters favorite part of that attraction was the orange smell, is anyone else hoping that they pay homage to the original attraction and in some way shape or form, and keep the orange scent?

Saw the video. No orange groves in this one so my guess is No.

danyoung56

I've now seen a couple videos, but I have yet to ride. Someone on another site said the Taj Mahal scene was totally digitally created. From the videos I've seen it didn't look that way to me. The Taj Mahal is such an artificial - looking structure that it's easy to see why he thought it was fake.

He also said that the wildlife is digital. This I believe. I don't for a second think that a polar bear jumped in the water at just the right time, or that a whale jumped out of the water at just the right time, or an elephant threw a snootful of dirt in the air at just the right time. Again, while I haven't seen the real thing yet, I'm disappointed that Disney felt it was necessary to augment the real scenery with cartoonish characters.

Cmdr_Crimson

Yup it's gone

If you want seconded closest thing to Sorange is this...
pGNC1-24078336t300x300.jpg

MississippiBelle

I've now seen a couple videos, but I have yet to ride. Someone on another site said the Taj Mahal scene was totally digitally created. From the videos I've seen it didn't look that way to me. The Taj Mahal is such an artificial - looking structure that it's easy to see why he thought it was fake.

He also said that the wildlife is digital. This I believe. I don't for a second think that a polar bear jumped in the water at just the right time, or that a whale jumped out of the water at just the right time, or an elephant threw a snootful of dirt in the air at just the right time. Again, while I haven't seen the real thing yet, I'm disappointed that Disney felt it was necessary to augment the real scenery with cartoonish characters.

I read this too on Tom Bricker's website. He said that it didn't look cartoonish though which is good, but I agree that "staging" nature is an interesting choice. If you think back to the original ride though, they staged the actors in the scenes so there would be more going on. As long as it all looks realistic, I'm okay with the choice to beef up the scene I think. Saving final judgement for when I actually ride the ride (trying not to spoil it for myself!)

danyoung56

If you think back to the original ride though, they staged the actors in the scenes so there would be more going on. As long as it all looks realistic, I'm okay with the choice to beef up the scene I think.

While I agree with that, I don't think any of the actors in the original looked in any way fake. Just by looking at the video of the new movie, the animal action doesn't look even a little bit real, which is sad.

mitchk

Original Poster
While I agree with that, I don't think any of the actors in the original looked in any way fake. Just by looking at the video of the new movie, the animal action doesn't look even a little bit real, which is sad.

I agree 100%.

Goofyernmost

To me the bear scenes are quite normal reactions that they would have had by the sight of whatever it was that was flying over them. It is more the coincidence factor. What are the odds that there would be bears floating on those icebergs just as they get there to film it. So I have to believe that it is not real, however, it was done flawlessly so I'm going to give them credit for making it look as real as reality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom