Is Animal Kingdom worth a visit?

Fleur de Frost

Original Poster
Hi! We'll be in Disney for a few days starting on Saturday, and haven't been to Animal Kingdom since 2012. The afternoon before our Christmas Party, we're debating whether to split 8AM-3PM at Epcot and Hollywood (adding an extra half a day to each park) or visiting Animal Kingdom. My dad's choosing AK, I'd love to spend extra time in EP and HW, and my mom is neutral. lol.

We'll be going again in January 2017 for a longer amount of time. Should we wait until then, when all of the construction is completed? Or is it worth a visit now?

Thank you for your help! :)

DisneyPrincess5

For us personally, it's worth a half day right now. We love Everest, Dinosaur, the Safari, ITTBAB, and we typically eat lunch at Flame Tree. We plan on touring for a full day once Avatar is open.
I guess to answer your question, it really depends on how much you enjoy what is currently at AK.

Fleur de Frost

Original Poster
Yep, so sorry - we already have a day planned for both EP and HK before this whole 9 AM-3PM ordeal. If we were to split time the morning before the Christmas party, it would just be adding extra time to each park.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I always like to do a comparison list on what there is to do..

Red = Popular attractions
Green = Low Wait Time Attractions
Blue = Shows/Films

Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror
Rockin' Roller Coaster

Toy Story Mania
Star Tours 2.0

Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
L!M!A! Extreme Stunt Show
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Muppet Vision 3D
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage

Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
The Great Movie Ride

EPCOT
The American Adventure
The Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable
Impressions De France
O Canada!
Reflections of China
Turtle Talk with Crush

Soarin' (May be closed? Not sure)
Mission: Space
Test Track
Sum of All Thrills

Living with the Land
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Cabelleros
Ellen's Energy Adventure
Innoventions

Animal Kingdom-
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris

Primeval Whirl
Kali River Rapids

It's Tough to Be a Bug
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Flights of Wonder

Honestly, I would go with your first decision.. Given the variety of options to do.

Last edited:

JourneysEnd

They already have a full day for both Epcot and HS, they were asking if they should spend an addition 1/2 day at Epcot and HS or go to AK. PS Kali River is a ride, not a show.

I highly recommend going to AK, especially if you already have time allocated for the other parks. That being said, you could very well do AK + Epcot or AK + Studios. I've done AK in the morning (9am-12) then Epcot until MK around 4. I'm not really sure why you'd need another half day at Studios unless you just wanted to repeat attractions. Valid of course, but I'd definitely say skip repeating and try AK instead.

stevehousse

Depending on the hours, you should do a half day at AK and DHS seeing is how one barely has any attractions now, and AK is under construction. I would do the extra time at Epcot (it's my fav park, so I may be a little bias)

Jon81uk

Animal Kingdom-
Dinosaur
Expedition Everest
Kilimanjaro Safaris

Primeval Whirl
Kali River Rapids

Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo - The Musical
Flights of Wonder
Also
Pangani forest trail
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Discovery Island animals
Wildlife Express Train
Rafiki's Planet Watch

Tough to be a Bug

Those lists also didn't mention any of the character meet and greats at any of the parks.

WondersOfLife

Also
Pangani forest trail
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Discovery Island animals
Wildlife Express Train
Rafiki's Planet Watch

Tough to be a Bug

Those lists also didn't mention any of the character meet and greats at any of the parks.

If that's what you're into, sure. I was making a list of attractions.. Which is personally a lot more important to me in picking a park.
Also, I wouldn't include the wildlife express train, as there is nothing to see.. And Rafiki's Planet Watch is a dead end with almost nothing to do... Kind of like hopping on a train to an empty innoventions building.

Again, I personally would choose the extra time somewhere else. That's just me.

FigmentForver96

Omg go to animal kingdom!! Like by far the most beautiful park and you can easily spend most of the day there. If you get finished by the afternoon then jump over to Epcot for the night.

WondersOfLife

There is more at Planet Watch than there is at Innoventions West...

But there's more at Innoventions East than there is at Planet Watch.. So even with half of Innoventions empty, there is still more to do..

Still, not really the point I was trying to make.. But whatever makes you happy, bro.

Jon81uk

But there's more at Innoventions East than there is at Planet Watch.. So even with half of Innoventions empty, there is still more to do..

Still, not really the point I was trying to make.. But whatever makes you happy, bro.

You already listed Sum of All Thrills separately and that really is the main draw at Innoventions now, although Colourtopia just opened.

You also mentioned all the circlevision shows at World Showcase, for many people they walk straight through all the countries without seeing any shows or looking at exhibitions. Some people also go to Animal Kingdom and not look at any of the animals (whether that is the trails or the Planet Watch exhibits). Personally I would rather watch the gorillas at DAK than sit through Ellen's Energy again!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom