Is Animal kingdom losing its ability to immersion?

Sabi

Original Poster
The danger of losing immersion is total... :(
What happens to Animal Kingdom ...? Yeti not fixed, Mist in the cave of Expedition Everest are gone, no fog on Kali River, Rain forest cafe entrance Waterfall not work...

FunFindKaliRiverRapidsFeb13-1.jpg
yetiWDW_400.jpg
Expediton%20Everest%20066.jpg
dak-entrance.jpg

Beholder

I don't think so. The very nature of AKs overall design and thematic direction keeps me "immersed" in the intended mind set. Also, the animals themselves keep me in that suspension of disbelief. I really don't consider RC to part of AK's overall design, other than it's a restaurant that "fits" with AK aesthetically. Everything you mentioned though IS a problem, things that must, at some point, be addressed. I think they detract from the show and the story, definitely.

And welcome to the forums!

rangerbob

I was at the park the day that they first turned on the waterfall on Rainforest café. There was cheering from all of the construction crew when it was turned on and it was across the building. We walked around for a little and then back to the training routine that I was on at the time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just don't mention Dinosaur...

...nor the key show scene on Kali...

Though these are effect and budget issues, not immersion. One can blend into the other but they also operate separately.

JIMINYCR

Despite the negatives posters continue to point out about AK, we still find enough good things to keep us immersed in a full day. Sure, it would be better if all the things mentioned were back and functioning as they should ( Dont think Walt would have let these failures go on as long as they have... ) and make it more thrilling but its not enough to ruin our day. We focus on the positives.

Goofnut1980

Wow, you could actually see the RFC before the trees got too big like the rest of them at AK. Has anyone ever heard of pruning shears?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom