Iron Man Experience at Tomorrowland?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen đź’ś
Premium Member
Original Poster
Apologies if this has been brought up previously.

I was reading about the Iron Man attraction coming to Hong Kong, and how it will function similar to Star Tours. With that knowledge in mind, as well as the fact that Star Wars will be built north of Frontierland, what are the chances we finally see a real Marvel presence in the parks?

Considering it wouldn't make sense to have Star Tours detached from Star Wars Land, wouldn't that be the perfect location for a Hong Kong duplicate?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Doesn't Universal still own the theme park rights to Marvel? Unless they work something out with Disney I doubt we'll ever see a Marvel ride in any of the U.S. parks.

westie

Well there was a thread the other day about "clone" rides in DL. I for one don't mind because I hate long plane rides and the fact it takes me an entire day on a plane to reach WDW. I also enjoy east coasters getting soo angry that Soarin' is California based. But what you say is true, Star Tours needs to be in Star Wars Land. The CoP recently had an Iron Man experience as well as a Thor experience beforehand. It was neat but Thor didn't look anything like Thor. I'm kind of a stickler for that.

George Lucas on a Bench

It's by no means far-fetched that in the Disneyland universe, there's a Star Tours spaceport in Tomorrowland and a Star Wars alien planet behind the ROA. It does seem rather convenient, however, that they are pulling a Body Wars with the Iron Man ride, so that when the time comes, they can retire Star Tours as the new Star Wars attractions open in a dedicated land, replace it with the Iron Man ride and begin a Marvel transformation of Tomorrowland. Granted, I think this all sounds terrible, but it's what many people are assuming.

Californian Elitist

Doesn't Universal still own the theme park rights to Marvel? Unless they work something out with Disney I doubt we'll ever see a Marvel ride in any of the U.S. parks.

That contract only applies to the WDW parks. The DLR parks are free to do whatever they want with Marvel, hence the meet & greets, special food, etc. at Disneyland.

Californian Elitist

It's by no means far-fetched that in the Disneyland universe, there's a Star Tours spaceport in Tomorrowland and a Star Wars alien planet behind the ROA. It does seem rather convenient, however, that they are pulling a Body Wars with the Iron Man ride, so that when the time comes, they can retire Star Tours as the new Star Wars attractions open in a dedicated land, replace it with the Iron Man ride and begin a Marvel transformation of Tomorrowland. Granted, I think this all sounds terrible, but it's what many people are assuming.

Agreed.

GiveMeTheMusic

There is no Marvel transformation of Tomorrowland planned. The Iron Man Experience is very specific to Hong Kong and its film would have to be almost completely reproduced to be used elsewhere.

Marvel is going into its own offshoot of Hollywood Land in DCA.

Curious Constance

There is no Marvel transformation of Tomorrowland planned. The Iron Man Experience is very specific to Hong Kong and its film would have to be almost completely reproduced to be used elsewhere.

Marvel is going into its own offshoot of Hollywood Land in DCA.

So Hollywood Land will stay? I can't imagine why it would.

D

Deleted member 107043

So Hollywood Land will stay? I can't imagine why it would.

What would happen to the land's signature attraction, The Tower of Terror, along with Hollywood Boulevard? I can envision a revamping of some of the area's content (it needs it!), but I can't see them dumping the whole thing, especially since the park is themed to California.

Actually, now that I think about it, it wouldn't be that difficult to retheme the area to San Francisco during the 1930s and keep ToT and the Hyperion.... hmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

phillip sugarman

Here's an idea for Disney, why don't they just expand the rumored marvel land and have it take over Hollywood Land too. You would kill 2 birds with one stone because no one will really miss anything in hollywoodland besides the monsters inc ride, everything else is forgettable. Hollywood land needs a makeover and we already know Disney has no creativity anymore since they need to base everything off of IPs so might as well make a bigger marvel land since that will combat Star Wars land at Disneyland.

SpaceMountain75

Hollywood Pictures Backlot contains some of Disney's best attractions, such as the fake backdrop Pee-Wee Herman used to trick the Warner Bros. security guards, Mad T Party AKA Disney Gangland, the Frozen Blu-ray Sing-Along and of course, a random Monsters Inc. ride out of nowhere.
But they already have that outstanding 50 foot San Francisco themed area next to the Grizzly smoking section with a Little Mermaid ride (???) and the seemingly detached but I guess connected giant food court nearby. Great stuff, right? Right?
*applauds forever*

D

Deleted member 107043

Here's an idea for Disney, why don't they just expand the rumored marvel land and have it take over Hollywood Land too.

Why are people forgetting that ToT, Hyperion Theater, and Animation are in Hollywoodland? Where would those massive attractions (not to mention popular) go under a Marvel transformation?

phillip sugarman

Disney would probably re theme the tower of terror ride and make it a marvel ride. The Hyperion theater could have a marvel stage show or tear it down for something else and the animation building could be turned into the marvel exhibit that they have in innoventions.

George Lucas on a Bench

Why are people forgetting that ToT, Hyperion Theater, and Animation are in Hollywoodland? Where would those massive attractions (not to mention popular) go under a Marvel transformation?

That is certainly an issue prevalent everywhere in old DCA because it's such a freaking horribly designed park. Really. Look at Buena Vista Street and Cars Land, the most recent major additions to the park and arguably, absolutely the strongest areas. No need to make any big changes there! They'll flourish for years to come. Now look at all the other abysmal lands with their horrible themes and layouts. Literally impossible to improve without some major demo work and re-purposing

I mean, for instance, when you consider the potential for the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area. But, Disney isn't about to demo that main drag from Buena Vista Street to the Hy-Pee-Wee-on Theater or all the crap on the back side of the facades. You know, that totally random and flat out idiotic grouping of attractions, including a boring rave for those geeky gangs to shell out for crappy drinks and play air hockey while a hot tranny mess cover band plays Poison? It's true that the Monsters Inc. ride is kind of cute, but it makes no sense and I wouldn't miss it. It's a massive waste of space that should be demolished and replaced with a worthy themed land containing some E tickets.

But it's like...we're stuck with it. So, get used to the Frozen Animation Building, Frozen Blu-ray Sing-Along, Frozen Musical Spectacular, a completely nonsensically random Monsters Inc. ride and that butt ugly Mad T Party, from which the Long Island Iced Teas have been removed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Phillip, do you really think Disney would launch a Marvel musical on the heels of The Frozen show next year? I guess any announcement that's eminent would mean that we wouldn't see the final product until 2020, so I guess it could happen, but it seems unlikely.

It's too bad A Bugs Land is too small for anything significant to be developed in that space. Aside from the clever theming and ITTBAB there isn't anything compelling for me over there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom