iPhone armbands or other carriers of sorts?

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Does anyone here wear one of those armbands for an iPhone? Does anyone know of any other sort of carrier or clip or something for one? I spotted a really cool app that does the GPS thing, sounds your intervals, calculates distance, all sorts of stuff short of wiping your nose for ya. Problem is I'm afraid having my iPhone on me will feel awkward. The armbands look like a good thought but I have these visions of it bouncing around or fighting to keep it snug. Tips? I'm sure I don't want to carry it in my hand. It's so freakin' hot & humid in the mornings here already, I sweat buckets, and my hands stay very icky. If I tried to carry it in a hand I'm certain it'll get dropped.

Thanks, y'all!

:wave:

Phonedave

I had one for an iPod

I had the same issues you feared. I either had to have it up by my armpit, above the biceps bulge, or cinched uber tight. Otherwise it would slip.

I also did not like the way the headphone cord moved around.

Now I run without music and my GPS is in a watch.

-dave

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Shorts with pockets, keep the iPhone in a pocket and run the earbud cord up under your shirt so it doesn't flop around.

iPhone is too bulky to wear on an armband. It bounces around a lot no matter what you do and is distracting as heck.

MCC1

I usually don't run with tunes, but I did try the arm band a few times with iphone, found it was fine, ran the cord up the sleeve and up the back of our neck - the problem was trying to start and stop the app (RunKeeper) & ipod features once it's in the sleeve on your arm...you have to take it out of the sleeve.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Does anyone here wear one of those armbands for an iPhone? Does anyone know of any other sort of carrier or clip or something for one? I spotted a really cool app that does the GPS thing, sounds your intervals, calculates distance, all sorts of stuff short of wiping your nose for ya. Problem is I'm afraid having my iPhone on me will feel awkward. The armbands look like a good thought but I have these visions of it bouncing around or fighting to keep it snug. Tips? I'm sure I don't want to carry it in my hand. It's so freakin' hot & humid in the mornings here already, I sweat buckets, and my hands stay very icky. If I tried to carry it in a hand I'm certain it'll get dropped.

Thanks, y'all!

:wave:

I looked into getting an armband for my IPhone but the phone is so much wider than my arm. I thought it would be really bulky and uncomfortable. I did some research and found the spibelt. So far its been great (I use the get running app without earphones) it fits well and doesn't bounce around. I'm really happy with it.

BigThunderFan

I use an armband for my IPod Touch, I know it is not quite as thick as the IPhone, but same approx. size. Once I get the band fairly snug I don't notice it while running, and I run the cord up my sleeve and out the neck. The cover on the pouch allows for you to use the apps without taking it out, albeit this is still difficult while running. My GPS is a Garmin watch, works great for everything I need.

mraphael

I run with an armband for my iPhone and it doesn't bother me. I found one cheap ($3.00) online so I figured if I didn't like it, it wasn't a waste of money. I also use the RunKeeper Pro App.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I had one for an iPod

I had the same issues you feared. I either had to have it up by my armpit, above the biceps bulge, or cinched uber tight. Otherwise it would slip.

I also did not like the way the headphone cord moved around.

Now I run without music and my GPS is in a watch.

-dave

Everytime I read this post, I think to my self "Yeah...I'd wear one...but my arms...they're HUGE...I mean - got your tickets to the GUN SHOW?" *flexes*

Andrew54

I have a Nike armband and it really doesnt bother me at all running. If I'm at the gym lifting it seems to get in the way a bit because its wrapped around the muscle your using.

Phonedave

Everytime I read this post, I think to my self "Yeah...I'd wear one...but my arms...they're HUGE...I mean - got your tickets to the GUN SHOW?" *flexes*

Watch out, you may just rip the velcro right off that sucker and send it shooting across the room.

-dave

I have a Nike armband and it really doesnt bother me at all running. If I'm at the gym lifting it seems to get in the way a bit because its wrapped around the muscle your using.

Thanks. I'm thinking of picking one up from the Apple Store near me. I got the iPod nano for running so need something to hold it in.

TakeMeThere81

I only have an iPod Shuffle(the teensie, wheat-thin-sized iPod), and I wear a great running watch to time myself. Then I use mapmyrun.com to calculate distance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom