IOA question

Sorcerer Mickey

Original Poster
I am really wondering about something, in the disney rumor board, disney is hopping with future attractions. While IOA and US dont seem to be getting anything new. How come there sticking with there old rides? The newest ride is the unicorn or MIB, i believe.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Sorcerer Mickey
I am really wondering about something, in the disney rumor board, disney is hopping with future attractions. While IOA and US dont seem to be getting anything new. How come there sticking with there old rides? The newest ride is the unicorn or MIB, i believe.

Well just think about it a sec. IOA pretty much just put in thrill rides. Which costs alot to do. So I dont see them getting anything new for sometime.

Universal opened up MIB and Twister and there have been rumors about another atractin going over beside MIB.

Hope that helps some!:hammer:

Sorcerer Mickey

Original Poster
I saw twister, and thats probably the biggest mistake universal has done.

now for IOA, its gotten a bit old for me. I guess you shouldnt go straight for the older crowds with too many thrill rides.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Sorcerer Mickey
I saw twister, and thats probably the biggest mistake universal has done.

now for IOA, its gotten a bit old for me. I guess you shouldnt go straight for the older crowds with too many thrill rides.

Well on the twister subject I agreee with you when I rode it the 1st time it was a true disappointment. But now I just love the damn attraction and I think they did a great job with it.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by woofboy111
I love twister too, but I liked ghost busters (twister replaced it) even more.

So breakdown Ghostbuster for us. Never been on it! Why did it close?

Beauty and the

I have to agree with the Wolf. Ghostbusters was much better than Twister, I've done twister a couple of times and it didn't impress me one bit. The bit with the flying cow was totally pathetic. Ghostbuster had a story line in keeping with the first movie, fighting baddies and the catchy tune made it a winner I have never understood why they took it away and replaced it with Twister:veryconfu

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Beauty and the
I have to agree with the Wolf. Ghostbusters was much better than Twister, I've done twister a couple of times and it didn't impress me one bit. The bit with the flying cow was totally pathetic. Ghostbuster had a story line in keeping with the first movie, fighting baddies and the catchy tune made it a winner I have never understood why they took it away and replaced it with Twister:veryconfu

Well were the lines still pouring out or was the attraction always down or hard to maintain?

woofboy111

I think one of the reasons that they closed it down was because it required live actors instead of an automatic show.

If I remember correctly, it started out with a preshow where they had a kid hold some slime that would burn a hole in anything that it touched besides from human skin...this portion was always very funny to see the kid trying to hold the slime that was basically too large for even an adult to hold. Next you would walk into the theatre room (same as the twister main room now.) I think the story had to do with some guy not believeing in the ghostbusters, and releasing all of the ghosts from where they go when they are "ghost busted." I think it was a curtan that opened up to show the ghost scene. I don't remember exactly what happened, but I do remember it used some really cool special effects. Then at the ending, the ghostbusters would come in and re capture all of the ghosts...

Hope thats accurate...

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by woofboy111
I think one of the reasons that they closed it down was because it required live actors instead of an automatic show.

If I remember correctly, it started out with a preshow where they had a kid hold some slime that would burn a hole in anything that it touched besides from human skin...this portion was always very funny to see the kid trying to hold the slime that was basically too large for even an adult to hold. Next you would walk into the theatre room (same as the twister main room now.) I think the story had to do with some guy not believeing in the ghostbusters, and releasing all of the ghosts from where they go when they are "ghost busted." I think it was a curtan that opened up to show the ghost scene. I don't remember exactly what happened, but I do remember it used some really cool special effects. Then at the ending, the ghostbusters would come in and re capture all of the ghosts...

Hope thats accurate...

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :sohappy:

Sorcerer Mickey

Original Poster
yeah i saw ghost busters alot, I liked it too, much better then twister.
I'm going to both parks in january, I'll post what construction/rehabs/and new stuff goin' on.

IOA

Well, I must say, I loved Ghostbusters and really miss it, it was so neat...Twister is okay...I mean it is unique..a little story...I was dead center in Hurricane Andrew in 92, and let me tell you, the eerie cool winds in the staging quene area, and the sirens and thundering noise is all too real..I mean that feels like the real thing...I went through it, just for like 4 hours...so it is authentic...but i still say Ghostbuster was the best!!!!

:sohappy::sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

RogueHabit

We say Ghostbusters back in 1990 and were really disappointed when we returned ion 98 and found out it had gone.

It was a reallly cool show and the ghost effects where amazing for the period.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom